“First meeting is the sweetest, babe!”

Those stupid ways of love

I was walking to my classroom,  shuffling through the songs, trying to find that one that kept me going, when I’ve heard that ‘beautiful’ voice which could be louder than any player, or at least I felt that way.. I turned my head to give her a forced smile, slowing down so she could catch up..

She stopped, breathing heavily, while trying to speak, getting to articulate the words using her hands instead.. I gave her an are-you-high stare, getting quite nervous to just stand like this in the middle of the hallway, with her hands shaking my whole body, making people turn around and chuckle..

Me: “Yah.. Cute it off!!”

Girl: “Wait.. until.. you.. hear.. the news..”

Me: “What news?”

Girl: “The principal decided to organise the Hidden Talent Show once again..”

Me: “And what has that to do with me?”

Girl: “Oh.. this time.. the finals will be televised..”

Me: “Really? Well.. that’s nice..”

Girl: “Are you gonna participate?”

Me: “No..”

Girl: “Oh, come on..”

Me: “You know I’m done with that..”

Girl: “But why? You’re so good at it.. Why don’t you try just one last time?”

Me: “I can’t… ”

I took a leave, heading to the last door on the left.. I got inside the classroom, taking my backpack off to just throw it on my seat, when I saw someone sitting there, with his head resting on the table.. Who the hell was this dude? Why was he on my seat??? I came near and patted him on his shoulder.. Now.. really.. why doesn’t he get up??

Me: “YAH!!!!!”

The boy startled at the sound of my voice and gave me a sleepy look, trying to figure it out what was happening.. I was really losing my patience so I’ve rushed him to get up.. He pushed my hand, yawning..

Me: “Would you please find another place? This is my seat!”

Boy: “Says who?”

Me; “I beg your pardon??”

Boy: “I saw it first.. so it’s mine for the rest of the day.. It’s not like you’ve carved your name on the table.. ”

Me: “Move your right now, rascal!”

The boy got up and pulled me closer, making me tremble when our eyes met.. Damn, he had such a breathtaking stare and he was bitting his lower lip like he was going to enjoy a good meal in no time…

I could just feel his breath caressing my face, his scent stabbing my entire control of mind and body.. I was literally trapped in his beauty.. For a moment, I just wished that this would never end.. But the teacher’s voice got us back to reality..

I took my backpack and sat behind the guy, trying to calm myself down.. He turned around smirking and I could just feel his voice engraving itself in my veins, making my blood boil: “First meeting is the sweetest, babe!”

*

I got inside the house, taking my cardigan off, after closing the door securely, then I head to the living room to greet my parents, who were having their usual chat while listening to the news..

I really needed a good relaxing bath so I went upstairs, dragging my backpack. While walking, I just kept feeling this fresh scent all around me, somehow familiar, yet so new, since I could recognise all my parent’s fav perfumes scents..

I opened the door and let myself fall on the bed, after throwing my shoes and backpack.. I was thinking about this day, keeping my eyes closed.. Hm.. all this stress needed something sweet and warm to vanish: vanilla.. A good bubble bath with vanilla.. Lovely…

I felt some drops on my face, moving slowly to my neck and this disturbingly hot scent again.. And that breath so close to mine, as if it will in a second blend together.. I would have thought it’s just a play of my mind, seeing him staring at me like that, but his skin touching mine was what I needed to realise that…

Me: “WHAT THE?? YOU?”

Boy: “Missed me, honey?”

Me: “Mum! Dad! Thief!!!”

I heard my parents coming and ran to them, feeling quite awkward seeing their funny faces as a response to my anxiousness.. What was so funny about that? We should just laugh like stupids when stading in front of the thief, while he’ll just take or belonging and..

Mum: “Relax honey.. He’s not a thief.. ”

Me: “Then who is it?”

Then it hit me.. Ah… Not another transfer student.. God! My parents were way too caring with these ‘so hard-working souls that fight to enlight themselves with knowledge’, as they described those people who would just apply to a stupid 6 months exchange program.

My family was perfect in every aspect, except they were so loving and kindhearted.. So my house transformed in the past 6 years in a place for ‘little angels’ to rest and take care of their wings.. Honestly, this was a nightmare.. Every six months I’ll just have to live under the same roof with all kinds of students… I thought that this time they had enough.. Well.. I wished…

Mum: “Now.. please take care of him and do show him the city when you got time.. I’ll call you later for dinner..”

Me: “Yeah.. thanks..”

Boy: “This is a nice room..”

Me: “Would you please put some clothes on?? And dry that hair, you’re ruining my carpet, rascal!”

The boy made me step back until I’ve felt the cold wall against my back.. He blocked the way with his hands, leaning closer, making me have goosebumps and feeling like I was about to just die suffocated with the hotness of his damn gorgeous body, with those water drops dancing their way slowly to his waist, vanishing in the white fluffy towel that covered the lower part of his body..  

He followed my look, smirking, then put his hand under my chin, forcing me to lose myself in that steamy hot brownish pool of his eyes.. I just.. ok.. I was about to die, when he whispered softly in my ear: “I think you’ve seen enough, baby!”

My jaw dropped while my eyes widened when hearing him.. It wasn’t like I would want him to.. Ah…. That rascal…

I’ve pushed him away running behind my chair, which became my shield against him and his damn soft skin... He messed his hair, laughing, then head off to the door, closing it slowly, while his eyes kept checking me up..

Now.. what was time at that moment? What was breath? What was life??  I patted my face, blowing out the air that kept me feeling tense.. Where’s that bath foam?