JONGDAE - or how to get back in the game

Over the rainbow, second star to the right and straight on till morning
Finally! Solid ground!
 
JongDae didn't hate flying on spaceships but he was so much more used to non-moving platforms. He felt safer there. And it had been quite some time, since he was able to travel, let alone outside of Earth. The chestnut-haired man wasn't a fan of big cities but he had to admit they was a certain charm to the lights of the metropolitan planet, Europe.
 
SeHun's eyes glowed brown with a hint of yellow at his left. He really enjoyed watching the little alien. It was so much fun. So far, he noted most of the eyes colors and their meanings and more importantly, that the boy had a possible, know or unknown, crush on our very own captain LuHan. Why did he know? Not because of all the purple going on every time the blond was around. No. It was just freaking obvious. JongDae was more of a observer than a listener and it worked wonders on his not so plain little life.
 
It was night and the city was active. LuHan grabbed SeHun's hand and walked without checking if the rest was following. 
 
Interesting. 
 
They arrived in front of a bar with green neon lights that read 'The Solis'. Ah yes. It was the captain's favorite spot in Europe and he didn't miss any occasion to go in there.
JongDae thought it might be a little irresponsible to bring a 'kid' in but it was none of his business, and he knew that the blond obviously wouldn't let the boy drink. Too bad, it could be so much fun.
 
The place hadn't changed a bit. It was spacious, with red and black leather couches, vintage pictures on the wall and a jazzy ambiance. The counter was made of black marble and various colored bottle decorated the back shelves.
 
"Well, well, look who's here. Evening captain," the slender, boyish bartender said. JongDae liked her. Cecily Sunder was a former military trained officer, but she quit after her injury. A big sunshine tribal tattoo covered it now. She got shot in the shoulder in a raid and had to stop her service, two years ago. It was a shame because she was one of the best in her regiment. She seemed OK, tending her own bar. It had all kind of crazy people, but nothing she couldn't handle. 
 
The usual customers were here. Lieutenant Jung YunHo of the TVXQ fleet was in his favorite seat, at the counter, in the far back of the bar, Zico and his Blockbuster gang were partying or possibly plotting some no good things, as always, but they were harmless. And let's not forget beautiful, smiley waitress, Nicole . Good old times.
 
"Hey, Cily, long time no see," LuHan answered casually. "We'll have some hot soju, aaaaaand a bubble tea for this little guy." He patted SeHun's red beanie. "Let's make it chocolate."
 
"Right up," she winked and waved at some open seats next to the old jukebox as she passed the order to Nicole. "And who's the new rainbow pie?"
 
The multicolor-haired alien blushed and the captain the boy's neck.
 
"SeHun. He's my lynx-rabbit sitter," the Chinese man said in a neutral tone.
 
Cecily raised an eyebrow but she knew when the captain said nonsense like that it meant 'It's none of your business', so she didn't comment on that and just smiled.
 
LuHan had bought color contacts so that the boy's orbs remained black at all times. SeHun wasn't a fugitive, but he was still hunted. The blond couldn't take any risks. He pushed gently the tall boy's back towards the seats. JongDae though that LuHan looked like an overprotective brother and it was kind of fun to watch.
 
The five of them sat in the booth, the couple and JongDae on the right and SeHun and LuHan on the left. Soon enough, Nicole came with her tray and served them, her usual cute smile on her face. "Enjoy."
 
The Korean young man stared as the rainbow-haired boy took his first sip of bubble tea. SeHun's eyes widened as he from the straw, then formed crescents as the liquid went through his throat. 
 
His pupils would definitely be brown if it wasn't for the lenses, JongDae thought.
 
LuHan patted the boy's shoulder and chuckled. "Like that, do we?" SeHun just nodded, unable to part his mouth from the straw and almost choked on a tapioca ball. 
 
"Okay." The blond grabbed a napkin, while everybody was laughing, and wiped the little alien. "Take it slow, kiddo."
 
Awe, how sweet.
 
The doorbell chimed, sign of a new customer coming in, but JongDae didn't pay attention to it. He should have, though.
 
"LuLu?"
 
LuHan froze in his seat and the chestnut-haired man turned around to see a very familiar face.
 
Oh this is gonna be good.
 
"Yixing." 
 
The blond stood up and SeHun eyed him with a questioning look as he did. JongDae didn't miss a bit as he saw jealousy's green monster showing up. It wasn't the right color for the cute boy though.
 
LuHan walked up to the other Chinese man. "It's been..." Words were stuck in his throat.
 
"Two years." Yixing said with the soft voice he always had, showing his little dimple.
 
The blond didn't say another word and just stood there, in shock. The wavy-haired Chinese man let out a small sigh and hugged LuHan affectionately, whispering something in his ear that the others couldn't hear. The captain smiled at that and hugged back.
JongDae looked in SeHun's direction again and he looked sad. The Korean man wanted to comfort him but how to explain that Yixing was part of LuHan's crew two years ago and that he lost his loved one in a raid and since that they-
 
Oh holy hell!
 
JongDae panicked as he realised the little alien was wearing his clothes. He turned abruptly to the two Chinese men but the conversation was different, entirely.
 
"You mean the Huang Farm?" Yixing said, a bit surprised that his former captain would show interest in something so rural and not so adventurous.
 
"You know?" You could feel confusion in LuHan's voice as he seriously thought about how his XingXing could possibly know about a farm in big, urban planet, Europe.
 
The Korean man could totally read the two's mind and wanted to laugh at how some things just never changed.
 
"Yes. Actually, they breed excellent meat. They're quite famous on the west coast," Yixing informed the group. "But they're out of business right now," he shrugged.
 
"You don't say," JongDae chimed in recalling SeHun telling them about how he devoured an entire ranch.
 
"Anyway," LuHan waved the chestnut-haired man away, "how do I get there? I just want to talk." The blond's eyes was sincere and persistent.
 
Yixing nodded, showing his dimple again and sat down to draw a map on a napkin. As the Chinese man started to explain about the Huang farm, JongDae eyed Cecily at the counter. She gave him a suggestive look followed by a very brief, yet noticeable, movement of her chin, implicitly telling him to come here. 
The man immediately stood up, excusing himself to the bathroom, and joined the bartender in the back storage.
 
"Here," she said, before JongDae could ask anything.
 
The chestnut-haired Korean looked down to see a gun in Cecily's hands. It was a black M1911. Small, easy to handle, the man quite liked this model. But he raised an eyebrow.
 
"Take it," she gave it to him. "I know SeHun's a shape-shifter." JongDae's eyes widened. "LuHan can cover his scent with JongIn's clothes all he wants, it can't fool me."
 
Damn, she's slick!
 
"Some bounty hunters came last week, asking about a rainbow-haired, pointy-eared boy. I'm guessing that's what he's hiding under that red hat. Plus, I noticed the color lenses. Can't trick me on that either," she smirked.
 
Cecily was definitely the best of her regiment. Back in the days, she was well-known for her cold blood and detailed evaluation skills. I guess some things are just like learning how to ride a bike. Once you got it, you don't forget.
 
"Anyway," she went on, "if you're going to hide and protect the boy, do it properly." She gave JongDae some ammunition.
 
Sweet.
 
"I know you still train sometimes. Hope your hand is as steady as two years ago." She patted the man's shoulder. "And I'm sure LuHan still has his desert eagle."
 
"Wouldn't bet against you on that," JongDae smiled.
 
Cecily tapped the man's shoulder and pushed him out of the storage. The group was still talking and no one seemed to have notice anything as JongDae took a seat next to JunMyeon. The Korean man looked at Yixing, LuHan and SeHun sitting next to each other in the booth and tried to hold a laugh at how awkward the situation was. 
SeHun was still trying to figure out the two Chinese men's relationship while LuHan was completely oblivious and Yixing was just genuinely happy to see everybody.
 
"On the house," Cecily said cheerfully as she put a tray with seven champagne glasses on the table. "How could I possibly miss that shiny thing on your finger, honey," she pointed at Krystal's engagement ring and the groom and bride to be blushed.
 
Yixing made a shocked expression as he probably didn't notice before the bartender pointed it out. He smiled widely and congratulated the couple. And everybody joined in, taking a glass in hand.
 
"I'll close my eyes on this one," Cecily winked at SeHun and lifted her glass of bubbly.
 
Everybody cheered and the conversation went on how JunMyeon proposed so JongDae just shut his eyes and ignored the story he already heard a hundred times. Instead he thought about if this was all worth it. The British man had vowed and chose love over money and power, LuHan had chose adventure over relationship and what did JongDae have? He was ninety-nine percent sure that he was out of a job, and was too scared to actually call GSI, he was too busy with work to have a partner and had no hobby apart from trolling his friends. OK it was a pretty damn good hobby, but still not very constructive. 
He thought maybe he could ask LuHan for a permanent place as a navigator on the Ariadne. He knew the captain didn't like company since the raid, but with SeHun now, everything was changing, and it was a good thing. JongDae considered his possibilities and decided to talk with the blond when he had more alcohol in his system. Just to be sure.
 
Yes, quitting his job to see his friends getting married and maybe go on new adventures with the Chinese captain and the little alien and live the exile life was worth it. Everything was totally worth it.
 
JongDae raised his glass again when the couple finished their story.
 
"Cheers!"
 
To new horizons!
 
 
 
 
 
------------------------
 
I am so so late, I'm so sorry !!!

But I was without internet for two weeks ! It was a nightmare !!
But here I am now, so please forgive me > < 
 
And check out my tumblr too, for my late Halloween fanart

Sorry again !!
 
xoxo~