As people,

Standing alone
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Sometimes, it isn’t us who makes us,us. But rather the people around us”

 

After a tiring night of trying to get some sleep, Ah young woke up to the soft pitter patters of the rain drops hitting on her window. Sitting up in the bed, Ah young stared directly out the window. To nowhere specific, just outside. This morning the sun had risen, but not as bright as before as if it had known something, had a premonition.

 

Ah young trudged out of bed as she completed the usual activities of washing up, getting dressed, greeting her uncle, having breakfast and leaving to school. It was now a regular activity that Ah young had to get used to from her previous break, the school holidays.

 

Arriving at school early, Ah young decided to head straight to class to get her stuff ready for her classes. As she made her way through the corridors a group of three girls, roughly the same age as Ah young were cackling loudly as they stared in the direction of Ah young. Their eyes as slits and filled with evil and pure hatred. Ah young walked straight, in hopes of ignoring them but it wasn’t possible as one of the girls closest to Ah young grabbed her wrist pulling her towards them with much force. 

 

The three girls stood confidently in front of Ah young as they eyed her from head to toe before the one in the middle spoke up. “Gosh, look at her!” She eyed the two girls beside her as if signalling for them to say something. Both of them obediently followed along, shaking their heads at your appearance while picking out little imperfections that weren’t much of a big deal.

 

“If you don’t mind, I need to get ready for class” Ah young spoke up with no emotions, her voice soft and shaky as she tried to get out of one of the girls grip on her wrist. The three girls erupted into a strong, teasing laughter. “Possibly you don’t know us yet?” The middle girl asked as if it was the most easiest question in the world. Ah young just stared back in to her eyes as if she’ll find an answer in them but none were visible.

 

“Haeryong. Leader. Every guy’s dream girl. And your worst enemy” The middle girl introduced herself bluntly. She stepped a small step back with her arms closed against each other as if she had none else to say. “Minjung.” The girl whose grip was on Ah young’s wrist said as she let go of Ah young’s wrist before eyeing her face and scoffing as if she was just merely a joke. And lastly the girl who had spoken few words introduced herself. “I’m Junghee” Unlike Haeryong and Minjung’s voice hers was the less threatening and had more softness to it although it didn’t show much, it was still visible through her emotions in her face.

 

 Ah young noticed that all three girls had a posh, popular feel to them. Their hair was styled perfectly accompanied by many hair accessories and their wrists were full of bracelets where as they wore piercings that were meant to draw attention to them. Their uniform was tighter and their skirts were a few inches shorter but still at a not ty, but appropriate for casual and not school wear. After portraying how the girls showed themselves in public, Ah young spoke politely knowing that she has no right to judge who they were or anyone she knew of in fact.

 

“I’m sorry. If you would just let me go on my way now” Ah young attempted to leave again but was unsuccessful as Minjung grabbed her wrist once more before spitting out “We’re not finished with you, just yet” as she snarled in Ah young’s face. Instead of being scared, it only made the girl less impatient and over that confused.

Who are these girls to bother you? What do they want from you? Ah young was in such deep thought that she had not noticed the eye contact that she consistently managed to make with Haeryong until the bell rang.

 

“Saved by the bell” Minjung muttered before the three of them turned around to leave giving Ah young a one last glare. 

 

Ah young stared into space for a while before turning around and continuing to go get her books from her locker. After grabbing all the books needed for class, Ah young headed off to class still in dazed from the encounter of Haeryong, Minjung and Junghee.

 

The attendance roll was being taken at a painfully slow pace

Please log in to read the full chapter