His Eyes

Standing alone
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“They were the sort of eyes you’ll get lost in”

 

The interference of the bell ringing brought Ah young back to reality and away from her time of peace. Refusing to get up, Ah young sat still against the tree in silence before standing up and dusting her skirt making sure that there were no dust,leaves or grass bits sticking onto the material of her skirt. Walking at a rather fast pace, Ah young made her way to class. She had not needed to worry about getting her books ready for her next classes, they had already been set out earlier by ahyoung herself.

 

Seeming that ahyoung didn’t have to make a stop at her locker she made it in time for her next class just like the other students. The girl sat down at her desk looking straight ahead at the empty blackboard that still had faint writings from previous lessons when she felt the impact of her very own desk being pushed just above her ribcage. Ahyoung tilted her head up to face the cause of this ‘incident’ only to be met face to face with Haeryong, Minjung and Junghee. Haeryong bent down to look Ah young clearly in the eyes before muttering the few words “I didn’t see you in the cafeteria at lunch, Where were you? In hiding?” Haeryong’s voice was filled with a harsh, arrogant tone. “Can all students sit back down in their own seats, ready for the lesson?” Mrs.Hwan asked while she stood just in front of her desk scanning the classroom. All students including Haeryong, Minjung and Jung proceeded back to their seats.  Mrs.Hwan watched the students sit back down before smiling to the class ready to start the lesson.

 

Class? Class was a bore. The same process all over again. Teach. Listen. Sleep. Teach. Listen. Sleep. Everything was familiar to not only Ah young but the other students accompanying her in the class. A couple of students were dozing off whilst others just had small general conversations, and not to mention that small group of few that actually paid attention to the teachers teachings. Ah young was a part of that few. She had to be. No procrastinating what so ever. Last year in high school means more homework, more responsibilities and Ah young couldn’t afford to waste time on small, meaningless things like sleep or friends.

 

“Park Jun seo! Change seats with Oh Sehun.” Mrs.Hwan raised her voice a bit. A male student whom had been talking continuously since the lesson had started stood up whilst groaning as his new seat was now located away from his friends. Sehun walked over to his new seat where he looked back to see his friends looking back at him disappointed faces. They turned their attention to Park Jun seo as they gave him a glare before ignoring the event.

 

Ah young who was oblivious to this event continued to listen and take notes from the teacher. It wasn’t long before Ah young had finished and was way ahead of the class. She laid her head down on the desk facing the direction of the window. After a couple of minutes Ah young had grown tired of facing this way and turned her head the other way on the desk, her eyes not opening at all.  After a few minutes peace, Ah young opened her eyes ever so slowly letting her eyes adjust the daylight brightness once again. When straight ahead Ah young saw a guy roughly the same age as her laying his head down on the table in the direction of Ah young , eyes closed with his earphones in his ears. 

 

Without getting up ah young continued to stare at his face knowing that somewhere and sometime she had seen this face. But the question is, where? Ah young was deep in trance as her eyes were still locked on his face that she had not notice the pair of eyes staring back at her. Bell rang signalling the end of class. The teacher dismissed the class making all students face lit up with joy and also making ah young snap out of her thoughts as her eyes slowly widened at the eyes staring right back a

Please log in to read the full chapter