Our Scandal

Sweet Scandal

OST: Secretly, Secretly by KARA

 

          Nicole and Jiyong sat awkwardly across from each other as they waited for their managers, who were currently discussing a way to resolve this scandal in Nicole’s manager’s home office.  Because both managers felt it would add more fire to the scandals if either were caught anywhere in or near the YG or DSP buildings, Nicole’s manager arranged to meet with Jiyong and his manager at his home in order for them to have more privacy.  As soon as Jiyong and his manager arrived, the two managers went into his office while the two idols waited in the living room, completely silent.

 

          A million thoughts were running through Nicole’s mind.  She couldn’t believe that she was caught in another scandal.  First the scandals with Jinwoon, Key, Dongwoon, and now with Big Bang’s G-Dragon?  Nicole knew she has had her share of scandals, but at least with Jinwoon and Key- they were her best friends and the scandals were just misunderstandings.  Her current scandal with Jiyong was also misunderstanding, but he was a complete stranger to her.  Nicole also, after yesterday’s incident, hated the idea of being included in a scandal with Jiyong.

 

          Nicole wasn’t the only one who was dreading the scandal, Jiyong hated the idea as well.  Jiyong has also had his share of scandals, maybe even worse.  Because of his somewhat “out of the ordinary” fashion and risky lyrics in his music- Jiyong is always has the media’s attention.  Jiyong has had rumors of him dating another idol, actress, or celebrity a few times before, and all were fake.  However, none of the rumors spread as fast as his current scandal with Nicole, and none actually had pictures.

 

          The two idols tried their best to avoid eye-contact or any other form of social contact, which was unusual for Nicole who was usually quite talkative and friendly.  She always hated silence and she struggled as she fought her urge to speak, even though she had no idea what to say.  Nicole finally took a quick glance toward the rapper sitting across from her.

 

          “I’m sorry.” She apologized, finally breaking the silence.

 

          It took a moment for Jiyong to respond.  He slowly turned to her and looked directly in her eyes, which caused Nicole to freeze.  His gaze was intense and she felt too intimidated to speak more.  Jiyong inspected Nicole from head to toe.  Nicole looked down at her hands under his gaze. 

 

          “You’re sorry?  For what?”  Jiyong finally spoke, his tone sounding angry but calm at the same time.  “For causing this stupid scandal?  Well, good.  You should be sorry, it’s your fault.”

 

          Nicole gritted her teeth as she looked up and glared at Big Bang’s leader.  She felt her fists clench up when Jiyong gave her a blank nonchalant expression.  Though yesterday’s incident already established that Jiyong was a jerk for Nicole, she didn’t expect for him to act like this.  Whenever Nicole watched Jiyong on YGTV or even when she met him when he MC’d and she taught him the -dance, he was actually quite nice and even a little bashful.  Now, Nicole knew that Big Bang’s leader, the so-called great G-Dragon, was a total and complete .

 

          “I said I’m sorry!  I know it’s my fault, but you don’t need to be such a jerk about it!”  Nicole defended herself, “You think I want to be in a scandal with a gay skinny rat like you?!”

 

          Jiyong glared deeply at Nicole.  Nobody has ever talked to him like that.  Never.

 

          “You think I want to be in a scandal with a fat annoying pig like you?!”  He retorted.

 

          “Well, you don’t need to worry because I’m denying it anyway!”

 

          “Good, the sooner it ends the better.”

 

          “Rat!”

 

          “Pig.”

 

           Fortunately, before the argument between the two idols could escalate, their managers came out.  Nicole shut immediately and frowned, turning her head away as she crossed her arms.  Jiyong just rolled his eyes at her immaturity and ran his hand through his blonde hair out of frustration.  Both of their managers, however, were oblivious the annoyed and angry atmosphere and sat on the couch.

 

          “Okay, so you both know why we’re here……” Nicole’s manager started off, “And Nam Gook-sshi and I believe that we have come up with the best solution……”

 

          Nicole looked suspiciously at her manager.  She knew that it was never good news when her manager hesitated.  Jiyong also did the same to his manager, who was completely silent.

 

          “And what is it?”  Jiyong asked, annoyed.  “Look, we already know the best way to solve this scandal.  We’ll just deny it and it’ll end the scandal.  I don’t understand why we need to have this private meeting.”

 

          “I agree,” Nicole nodded, “if we just tell the truth and explain this mix-up, I’m sure the rumors will eventually be forgotten.”

 

          Both of their managers glanced towards each other and sighed out of frustration.

 

          “Unfortunately, it’s not going to be that easy.”  Jiyong’s manager said hesitantly.

 

          “Why not?  It worked before, what else is there to do?!”  Jiyong retorted.

 

          “I don’t understand either, this scandal isn’t that big of a deal right?  It’s all just one big misunderstanding!”

 

          The two idols shut their mouths when their managers gave each of them a stern and strict look. Their managers gave each of them a look similar to an expression an angry mother gives to her child for whining.  Though Jiyong and Nicole were grown adults, that didn’t mean they didn’t act like children sometimes.

 

          “Nicole, do you know what netizens are saying about you?”  Her manager asked, concerned, “Because of your previous scandals, netizens are spreading rumors that you’re a flirt who sleeps her way to the top.”

 

          “But, none of them are true-!”

 

          “That doesn’t matter, Nicole.  The public believes what they want to believe.”  He interrupted,  “And don’t forget that KARA recently got over the controversy about you, Seungyeon, and Jiyoung wanting to cancel your contracts with DSP.  It’s been less than a month, all five of you just got back from your promotions in Japan, and the fire from that controversy is still burning down.  The last thing KARA needs is more negative attention from the media.”

 

          Feeling guilty, Nicole bowed her head in defeat.  She felt horrible for being selfish and thinking that this scandal only affected her and not all of KARA.  KARA was her life right now, and she almost lost it.  Nicole would be devastated if they received any negative comments because of her stupid accident.

 

          “Jiyong, do you know what netizens are saying about you?”  His manager asked.  “Because of the controversy over your Shine-A-Light performance, netizens have been saying that you’re a womanizing -addict.  Now, with this scandal- their saying that this is proof!”

 

          Jiyong only rolled his eyes and shrugged.  Rumors from netizens never bothered him, since most ignorant rumors like those most likely came from antis.  He only cared about his music and fans.  If his fans were dumb enough to believe stupid rumors and scandals such as those, then they were never really his fans in the first place.

 

          “So what do you want us to do then?”  Jiyong asked, annoyed and impatient.

 

          The two managers took a moment to answer Jiyong’s question.  They glanced at each other again while the two idols waited for them to answer.  Jiyong tapped his foot and shook his leg impatiently.  Nicole looked up towards them, hoping they came up with a way to end this scandal fast.

 

          “Because of the pictures of you two kissing-“

 

          “We weren’t kissing!”  Both Nicole and Jiyong protested.

 

          “It doesn’t matter,” Nicole’s manager exclaimed, “those pictures are out in the public.  Because of that, it’s going to be hard to just deny the scandal since the pictures look pretty realistic.”

 

          “And if we don’t do something soon, the scandal is going to escalate and ruin both of your reputations.”  Jiyong’s manager explained, “This could ruin both of your careers and we believe that the best way to turn this scandal around is to……”

 

          “Admit that the scandal is true and fake a relationship.”

 

          The eyes of both idols widened with shock at the suggestion.  Their jaws dropped as they stared at both of their managers.  Admit that the scandal is true?  Are they crazy!  Both Nicole and Jiyong thought in disbelief.  They couldn’t believe that was the best solution their managers thought to resolve the scandal.

 

          “WHAT?!” Both yelled in unison.

 

          “That’s a crazy idea!  Why would we admit the scandal is true, when we know it’s not?!  I can’t lie to my fans!”  Nicole cried out, frustrated and angry.

 

          “We know it’s crazy, but it’s the best way.  We’re tired of all these scandals.  So just admit that it’s true and pretend you’re dating!”  Nicole’s manager explained, “However, we must keep it a secret from the other members and each of our presidents’.  If they don’t it’s fake, then the public and media won’t know it’s fake.

 

          “But-“

 

          “There’s no point in denying the scandal.  Most people aren’t going to believe us and continue to spread rumors because of the pictures.”  Jiyong’s manager interrupted.  “You two won’t have to pretend forever, just for 6 months to a year.  Make it seem like a typical young love relationship, and then break up quietly.”

 

            “Both of you must’ve lost your minds, there’s no way I’m doing that!  What do you think this is, some kind of drama?!” Jiyong yelled angrily, standing up from his seat.  “I’m leaving, call me when you come up with a better idea!

 

          “Jiyong!”  The two managers called after the angry rapper as he abruptly left the room.

 

          “I’m leaving too,” Nicole announced as she stood up as well, “I’m sorry, but I can’t lie.  Especially to my group and fans.”

 

          With that said, Nicole bowed 90 degrees before exiting her manager’s home.  The two managers sighed out of frustration and looked at each other.  They knew convincing those two strong-headed idols wasn’t going to be easy. 

 

 _________________________

 

         Jiyong immediately returned to the YG building after leaving Nicole’s manager’s home.  Because his own manager drove him, he caught a taxi.  There was no way he would be able to be in the same room or car after his manager even suggested such an insane idea.  How could they expect him and Nicole to go through with it?  They barely even knew each other and secretly despised each other, though their managers were unaware of the latter.   Jiyong had better things to work on like the intro for their good-bye stage than listen to his manager’s crazy idea.

 

          “Admit that I’m actually dating her?  No way in hell.” He whispered to himself as he walked into the YG building and headed for the elevators.

 

          Jiyong felt absolutely repulsed by the idea.  Not only because of his dislike for Nicole, but what if In Na misunderstood.  For nine years he has been in love with her, and even though he never truly pursued his feelings because he wanted to focus on his career and it was only a few years ago when he became an adult.  Because of their age difference, In Na viewed him as a child and Jiyong hoped that now that he has become a grown 22-year-old adult she would view him as a man.  But if he lied and admits that he’s dating Nicole, it could ruin all his chances with that actual woman that he loves.

 

          “Ha, me dating Jung Nicole?  Psh, that’s ridiculous!”  He scoffed as the elevators door opened.

 

          “Wait!”


          Jiyong looked up to see In Na hurrying towards the open elevator and he quickly held the open button.  When she quickly entered the elevator, he let go of the button and the elevator doors closed with just the two of them inside.  Jiyong and In Na have been alone before, but that didn’t stop his heart from racing.

 

          “Jiyong-ah, what was wrong with you this morning?  You were off in such a hurry!”  In Na asked while she playfully slapped him on his arm and pouted, “I thought you didn’t want to talk with me anymore!”

 

          “Owww, Noona!  There’s no way I wouldn’t want to talk to you!”  Jiyong explained, “I just had to meet with my manager about something……”

 

          “Oh really?” She looked at him suspiciously, “You sure you didn’t have to meet with KARA’s Jung Nicole?”

 

          Jiyong froze.  Did she believe the scandals and rumors?  However, before Jiyong could explain the scandal and deny the rumors In Na interrupted.

 

          “Haha, don’t worry I know the scandal isn’t true.”  In Na laughed and and Jiyong sighed relief, “You’re always focused on your music and career that I know that there’s no way you would have time to date.”

 

          In Na’s last comment caused Jiyong to look at her confused.

 

          “What do you mean, Noona?  I have time to date……”  Jiyong protested.

 

          “Come Jiyong-ah, I know you.  You’ve never had one girlfriend in your life, even though other girls come at you- you have no interest.”  In Na explained, “I just think you’re not ready to be in a relationship yet.”

 

          In Na’s words stabbed Jiyong.  So that’s what she really thought of him.  She thought he was a workaholic who only cared about his music and wasn’t interested in dating.  Though, the only reason why he was never interested in other girls was because of her.  Did she really think he wasn’t ready to be in a relationship?

 

          “Really?  Because it’s true, Nicole and I are really dating.”  Jiyong announced calmly.  He didn’t know who was more shocked, In Na or himself. 

 

          What was he doing? Wasn’t it less than an hour ago when he said he would never admit that the scandal is true and fake a relationship with Nicole?  However, it was In Na’s words that incited this.  Though he felt like he didn’t have control of what he was saying, he knew exactly why he was doing it.  If In Na believes that he isn’t ready to be a good boyfriend yet, then he would prove to her how much of a man he is.

 

          “What?  Stop kidding around, Jiyong-ah!”  In Na laughed nervously as she playfully shoved his shoulder.

 

          “It’s true, I’m not joking.”  Jiyong said seriously when the elevators door opened, “Well, this is my floor.  I’ll see you around, Noona.”

 

          With those last words, Jiyong exited the elevator leaving In Na standing there, completely speechless and shocked.  Though he walked away cooly, on the inside, Jiyong was feeling anything but.  His nerves were going crazy as he mentally slapped himself for lying to In Na.  When he finally returned to the empty recording studio, he collapsed on his chair.  He groaned and ran his hand through his hair.

 

          “Now what am I going to do?!”

 

 _________________________

 

         “Aghhhhh!”

 

          This was about the twentieth time that Nicole groaned that day.  It was already night time and she still couldn’t believe that her manager even suggested the idea of her faking a relationship with Jiyong.  No way.  Never.  Not going to happen.  Nicole always chose to stay true to herself, she hated lying.  She felt that being honest and genuine would get you far in life.  Faking a relationship with Jiyong would only go against her morals.

 

          However, it wasn’t only because it was against her morals and her dislike for Jiyong that prevented her from going through with her manager’s plan.  Nicole had never had a boyfriend before.  She has had plenty of close friends that were of the opposite , but none were ever more than friends.  Nicole didn’t want her first boyfriend to be a fake one.

 

          When Nicole returned to her dorm, she went straight to her room to avoid her members.  She knew that they would bombard her with questions and she just didn’t want to hear Jiyong’s name.  However, Nicole couldn’t hide away in her room forever.  When she felt her stomach growl, that was a signal for her that it was time to leave her room.

 

          Quietly, Nicole snuck out of her room and headed toward the kitchen.  Seungyeon and Jiyoung were currently distracted watching TV to notice Nicole tip-toe her way behind them.  However, when Nicole finally entered the kitchen, she was spotted by Hara who was pouring herself a glass of water.

 

          “Ah, Nicole!”

 

          Nicole face palmed herself as both Seungyeon and Jiyoung also ran to the kitchen.

 

          “Nicole?  You’re finally out of your room!”

 

          “Unnie!  What did Manager-Oppa have to say?”

 

          “The scandals aren’t real right?!  You’re so lucky though, I want to be in a scandal with G-Dragon!”

 

          As her members crowded her with questions, Nicole had no idea what to say to them.  This was exactly the reason why she hid away in her arm.  Because she was cornered, she also couldn’t just run back to her room.  Fortunately, before Nicole had the chance to answer any of their questions, there was a knock on the door.

 

          “I’ll get it!”  Nicole announced and hurriedly left the kitchen to answer the door.  However, when she opened the door and saw who knocked, Nicole was in complete and utter shock.

 

          “Nicole-sshi, we need to talk.”

 

          “Jiyong-sshi?”

 

          KARA’s mood-maker was completely shocked.  Why would Jiyong be here?  It was only this morning that the scandal started and spread like wildfire.  Was he completely out of his mind?  Coming to her dorm is an extremely bad idea, especially if they wanted to deny and end the scandal quickly.  If they were caught, it would be almost impossible for them to deny it without looking like a pair of liars.

 

          “What are doing here?!”  Nicole whispered quietly, not wanting her members to hear, “Do you want the rumors to get worse?!?”

 

          “That’s why I came here to talk to you.  I think we should reconsider our managers plan……”  Jiyong explained, also whispering.

 

          “Did you lose your mind too?!”  Nicole cried, “It was only a few hours ago that you said it was a crazy idea!”

 

          “I know but-“

 

           Before Jiyong could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by Hara’s voice.


          “Nicole, who’s at the door?”

 

          “Shoot, we can’t talk here.  My members are going to go nuts if they see you here.”  Nicole hurriedly closed the door behind her and grabbed Jiyong’s arm.  “Follow me.”

 

          The two idols walked down to a more secluded alley next to KARA’s dorm building.  The last thing Nicole needed was for her members to catch Jiyong at their dorm.  She would be in even more trouble and they would bombard her with even more questions.

 

          “Look, there’s no way I’m going to go along with this plan.”  Nicole whispered in an angry tone.  Even though they were outside, she still didn’t want to catch any attention on them. “It’s absolutely ridiculous!”

 

          “I know it’s ridiculous!  But, we’ll probably get less negative attention from the media if we just pretend that we’re dating and then break up half a year later.”  Jiyong explained, “I’m tired of putting my group through these kind of scandals and it’s not going to be forever.”

 

          “No. Way. Never.”  Nicole whispered stubbornly, causing Jiyong to groan angrily.

 

          “Why you-!”

 

          Again, for the second time that night, Jiyong was interrupted before he could finish his sentence.  Only this time, it wasn’t another KARA member.

 

          “It's G-Dragon and Jung Nicole!”

 

          "G-Dragon-sshi, why are you here near KARA's dorm?"

 

          "Nicole-sshi, how does it feel to be the girlfriend of Big Bang's leader?  Do you feel any pressure from his fans?"

 

          "Why did you both kiss in such a public area like a cafe?"

 

          "Did you two just come back from a date?  Please tell us!"

 

          Within seconds, the two idols were surrounded by paparazzi.  Reporters asked them question after question, while photographers took picture after picture.  Nicole and Jiyong stood there speechless, stealing glances at each other.  KARA’s mood-maker inwardly groaned, this was exactly what she was afraid would happen.

 

          “Are you two really dating?  Can you please confirm these rumors!” One reporter asked, her notebook in her hand as she prepared to write down there answer.

 

          Nicole opened to deny the rumors, but Jiyong stopped her.  Her eyes widened as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and leaned toward her ear and whispered, “I’m sorry.”

 

           “Yes, it’s all true.  I’m sorry to all my fans,”  Jiyong answered the reporters seriously while pulling Nicole close to him. “But I, Big Bang’s G-Dragon, am dating KARA’s Jung Nicole.”

 

_________________________

 

I'VE FINALLY UPDATED!  Yay!  I'm sorry for it being so late, but I've been super busy......and lazy lol >.<  This chapter is really long, but I'm so proud I finally finished it.  A lot has happened in this chapter, their managers suggest that Nicole and Jiyong fake a relation, the two deny it and run off, Jiyong then changes his mind to make Yoo In Na jealous and even confirms the rumors without Nicole's consent!  Things are starting to heat up, so please look forward to the next chapter!

Also- I'm moving into my college dorm tomorrow, so I'm super excited! :D