Cafe

Sweet Scandal

OST Cafe by Big Bang

 

          “Hmmm…..what do I want?”

 

           Nicole Jung, a young 21 year-old idol, stared hungrily at the menu of “Mango Six Café”.   If singing and dancing weren’t her main passions, eating food would definitely take its place at the top.  Especially sweets, Nicole really loved her sweets.  She looked down at the case that displayed all the pastries, tarts, cakes, pies, etc. the café had to offer and Nicole squealed excitedly. 

 

          “Oooohhh, the lava chocolate fudge deluxe cake sounds good……..but so does the berry berry cheesecake!  Wait, they have a Mojo Pie Sundae!  That sounds so good too!” Nicole  squealed, “It’s my first day off my diet and I don’t know what I-”

 

          “Oh, look its Nicole from KARA!”

 

          Nicole froze mid-sentence.  Had she been found out already?  She thought that her disguise was good enough.  She wore a bow-accent straw hat and big nerd glasses.  That plus a loose black Mickey Mouse t-shirt and jeans, nobody should be able to recognize her.  Her outfit didn’t make her stand out one bit.  She looked like any other Korean girl.

 

          “She made it in MNET’s best dancers list?!  That’s so great for her!”

 

          Nicole let out a sigh of relief.  If she was discovered on her day off, not only would it ruin her day, but her manager would definitely scold her endlessly.  He hated when she (or any other members) went out in public without him or a staff around to keep an eye on them.  “There are some crazy people out there!  You’re all major idols now, you can’t just go out in the public casually like you used to.  God forbid one of you ever gets kidnapped by a crazy fan.....or worse, an anti!”

 

          “Um, Miss?  Are you going to order?”

 

          “Oh, right!  I’ll have……the Mojo Pie Sundae please!”  Nicole ordered enthusiastically, shaking off her manager’s words out of her mind.  She knew there were crazy people out there, but if anyone from KARA were to ever be kidnapped she doubts that it’d be her.  Nicole believed that it’d probably either Hara or Seungyeon, they’re much more popular and have way more fans than her.

 

           As Nicole waited for her order, she turned around and scanned the café.  It wasn’t too crowded, but there were quite a few people, mostly students.  Nicole loved cafés, not just for the food but also the atmosphere.  A café was the perfect place for her to just escape her idol world and just relax.  The best part was that nobody really bothered her because everyone else is focused on their own lives, whether it’s to study for a test, gossiping with friends, or to have coffee with a date.  Nicole would just normally hide herself in a corner with a book and whatever sweet she ordered.

 

          Usually, Nicole never found any of the other customers and the staff interesting.  However today, a certain customer caught her eye.  He sat by the window on a lounge chair with a large set of black and purple headphones over his ears.  One of the reasons he stood out from the crowd was because his outfit really stood out from the crowd.  He wore baggy jeans with dark graffiti, a white graphic tee, and a bright pink leather jacket over a black hoodie with the hood up.  Around his neck was a purple scarf and he wore large sunglasses to cover his face.  On his feet was a bright pair of sneakers with a pink and black graffiti pattern.

 

          However, it wasn’t his unique outfit that caught Nicole’s attention.  She couldn’t shake the feeling that she recognized him.  He looked someone she knew, maybe not as a friend, but as someone she’s seen at a music show or in a magazine.  She didn’t think he was an idol though.  What idol would purposely wear such clothes in a public area?

 

          “Miss, your order’s ready.”

 

          “Oh, yay!”

 

          Nicole cheered happily as she took the sundae she ordered in her hands.  Having already paid, Nicole took a spoonful and put it in .  She closed her eyes as she tasted a sweet mixture of mocha ice cream, peanut butter, caramel, Oreo cookie pieces, and chocolate syrup.  Nicole was in complete bliss.  However, she was in so much bliss that she didn’t notice that someone was directly behind her when she turned around.

 

          “WHOA!”

 

          “AHHH!”

 

          Nicole’s sundae immediately came in contact with his face, even though he a bit was taller than her.  Because of the ice cream now on his face, the guy took off his glasses out and stared at Nicole.  His eyes were wide as if he recognized her.  Nicole’s glasses were also off because they fell during impact.  She was also staring back in complete shock because of her lost sundae.

 

          Oh my gosh!” Nicole cried in English as she covered , “I’m so sorry!”

 

          Nicole took the napkin that was in her hand and began to wipe his face like a worried mother.  She was so guilty and worried that she didn’t even notice how close their faces were.  The guy just stared at her, still too much in shock to push her away.

 

          “I really am so so soooo sorry!” Nicole apologized repeatedly, also not noticing the crowd of people forming around her.  She continued to clean his face with her napkin, getting even closer to him to making sure every speck of ice cream and topping was off.  This, however, caused a few gasps and cheers.

 

          “Um, hey……it’s okay…..just stop!” the guy finally said angrily as he pushed Nicole away.  She looked up at him in confusion and gasped.

 

          “You’re G-Dragon!” she cried, finally recognizing who he was.

 

          “Oh …” Jiyong mumbled, his face in his palm.

 

          Jiyong sighed out of frustration as he tried to hide his face.  Nicole looked around to see that all the other customers and even the staff surrounded, mouths gaped and cell phone cameras out.  When she finally processed what was going on in her mind, she mentally punched herself as she realized that her glasses have fallen off.  So, not only was Jiyong recognized, but so was she.

 

          “It’s Big Bang’s G-Dragon and KARA’s Nicole!”

 

          “Why are they here together? Are they dating?!?”

 

          “GD, I want your autograph!”

 

          Nicole was so shocked and confused by all the fans and other people screaming at them that she just stood there, dumbstruck.  Even Nicole has gone out casually many times; she was never discovered in public without her manager or other members with her.  She felt like one of those famous American celebrities who are always surrounded by paparazzi, except this was a lot less glamorous. As people bombarded Nicole and Jiyong with questions, she didn’t notice someone taking her hand and pulling her through the crowd.

 

          “Hey, wake up, unless you want to be eaten alive by these animals!”

 

          Fortunately, the voice yelling at her brought Nicole to her senses.  She looked at the hand pulling her to see that it belonged to Jiyong.  He was pulling them out of the store to get away from the pushy crowd.  Not wanting to feel completely helpless, Nicole began to push their way through the crowd.

 

          When Nicole and Jiyong finally made it out the café, it wasn’t quite the end.  People on the streets began to recognize them and people from the café followed them out.  With Nicole’s hand in his, Jiyong looked in her eyes with a determined look and said, “RUN!”

 

          Both of the idols began to run, hand-in-hand, with the crowd of excited fans chasing them.  Nicole couldn’t believe that this was happening to her.  She never thought she would be chased by her fans.  Though, she believed that most of the blame belonged to Jiyong.  There was nothing scarier than K-Pop fangirls, and that is the truth.  It felt like she was in her own manhwa or drama.  However, she only just wanted this to end.

 

          They ran block after block until they finally hid in an alley on the side.  The alley was small and both of their bodies were pretty close together as they tried to hid from the excited fans.  However, their body distance was the least of their worries.  All Nicole and Jiyong wanted to do now was get away.  When the crowd passed them, both idols were panting heavily.

 

          “I think we lost them!” Jiyong exclaimed as he sighed from relief.

 

          “Yea……” Nicole said, trying to catch her breath.  When she finally caught it, she noticed the distance between her and Jiyong.

 

          Jiyong noticed this too and backed away a little, however there’s only so far he could distance himself in such a small alley.  He took off his beanie and ran his hand through his sweaty hair.  Nicole gulped nervously as she looked at everything else except Jiyong.

 

          “Agh!  This is all your fault!” Jiyong yelled angrily as he threw his beanie to the floor.  His outburst caused Nicole’s head to turn to him and stare, completely shocked.

 

          “Um, excuse me?” she asked, still shocked.  Honestly, this had to be like the tenth time that she was shocked today.

 

          “If it weren’t for you and your clumsiness, I wouldn’t be in this mess!”

 

          “Well, it’s not my fault that you were behind me!”

 

          “I only wanted to order another coffee, next time pay more attention instead of stuffing your face!”

 

          “WHAT?!”

 

          “And another thing, you got ice cream all over my jacket!  Do you know how much that costs?!?”

 

          “It was an accident!  I already said I was sorry for that!”

 

          Nicole and Jiyong glared at each other.  She couldn’t believe that the guy who helped her escape a crazy crowd of fans was this jerk.  She never meant to bump into him, but it was all an accident.

 

          Nicole has seen Jiyong on TV, in magazines, and even at shows many times.  She’s also listened to and liked a lot of his music, with Big Bang and his solo work.   However, though both are popular idols, Nicole never really interacted with Jiyong or any of the other Big Bang members except Daesung.  She greeted Jiyong a bunch of times if they ever ran into each other at show, but only because he was her senior.  The only time Nicole and Jiyong ever interacted together was when she was teaching him the “-dance” during an interview he was doing with all of KARA.

 

          After a few minutes of just glaring at each other in silence, Nicole just groaned and turned away from Jiyong with her arms crossed.  He only rolled his eyes as he ran his fingers through his hair again and put them in his pocket.

 

          “You know, forget you!  I’m going home!” Nicole yelled as she began to leave the alley.

 

          “Fine, go!  It’ll make my life so much easier!

 

          “Ugh, I hope those fans come back and tear you apart!”

 

          With that said, Nicole marched out of the alley and ran away.  She prayed to God that that would be the last close-encounter she would ever have with that well-dressed jerk.

 

______________________________

 

I've had this story idea in my head for a while, I even wrote down the summary and plotline out last month.  Only thing is that I never got to writing out the first chapter lol.  I promise to update soon, but how soon depends on reviews ;)

Btw, I'm also looking for an artist to make a poster for this story.  If you're an artist or know a good one, please tell me!  Thank you!