chapter 12

Bite Me

chapter 12

 

 

Sunggyu packs his things with Ailee leaning over him. She’s telling him a story about Myungsoo and his power to make everyone around him feel what he wants them to feel which explains why Sunggyu was so calm when Myungsoo first went into his apartment. She’s going on about how Myungsoo was feeling very mischievous that day and he decided he wanted everyone to be completely loopy and how everyone was practically drunk except Myungsoo, of course.

 

                Sunggyu laughs because he imagines Woohyun drunk and it’s pretty funny. They’re leaving and Jung Wook is reluctantly parting from Ailee (which in spite of her being married he’s still obsessed) when Sunggyu shivers. “Someone just walked over my grave,” he mumbles more to himself than anything.

 

                Ailee stops and so does Sunggyu. “Something wrong?”

 

                She nods. “I have a bad feeling. Something in the air smells wrong. We need to leave. Now.” The urgency in her voice makes Sunggyu’s skin crawl and he swallows the lump that forms in his throat.

 

                Ailee grabs Sunggyu’s wrist and is about to run until she’s thrown back into an empty room. Sunggyu drops his things and runs to her without thinking which is stupid because he, too, is thrown backwards. For some reason no one is here anymore and he wonders how and why.

 

                His back hits a wall and he lets out a grunt as he slides down and falls into a heap on the floor. His back aches and he tries to pick himself up but it doesn’t really work and his arms give out, causing him to fall to the ground again. He groans in pain and when he glances up he sees Ailee standing in front of him.

 

                “Show yourself,” she growls.

 

                “I’ll be honest. We weren’t too happy that you kept showing up here with him.”

 

                Sunggyu doesn’t recognize the voice and he looks past Ailee to see three people standing. The only one he recognizes is Minhyuk. “I can’t let you touch him,” she says.

 

                One of them steps forward. “You’ve been a nuisance here and you are of no use to us.”

 

                “What do you want with Sunggyu? Just to kill Woohyun?”

 

                Minhyuk laughs. “We aren’t that petty. No, we have other reasons that we find no reason to tell you. Now if you want to see the light of day, please step aside and give us Sunggyu.”

 

                Ailee laughs a little. “As if I would just step aside and let you do what you want.”

 

                “Don’t regret your decision.”

 

                And then it all happens so fast and Sunggyu can barely understand what’s going on. It’s three against one and although Ailee seems to be holding her own, she starts to get overpowered. Sunggyu starts to feel again and his body is starting to listen to him. He scrambles to his feet and wobbles a little before finding his balance and running. He feels tears b but he blinks them away because Ailee’s strong and they’re going to come after him anyways. He wants to help her, really, but what can he do? He just hopes she can hold out. 

 

                Before he reaches the door, he’s yanked back roughly. His back is pressed flush against someone’s chest and his breath hitches in his throat. “Did you think we would just let you leave?” Minhyuk’s voice is low against Sunggyu’s ear and he tries to calm himself down but it doesn’t really work.

 

                “Why do you want me?” Sunggyu manages.

 

                “I think you should hear it from Sungjae himself. He’s pretty good at telling stories.”

 

                Sunggyu hears a high pitched scream and he strains his neck to see. He gasps when he sees Ailee pinned against the wall by one vampire while the other s his hand into her stomach, twisting. She screams in pain as he twists. She gasps when he removes his hand and blood pours out of the hole left in her stomach. Sunggyu feels woozy and sick and all he wants to do is throw up.

 

                The two vampires approach Sunggyu and Minhyuk as Ailee slides to the ground almost lifelessly. Sunggyu lets the tears fall and almost chokes when Minhyuk whispers, “Don’t cry. Tears are useless.”

 

                And then Sunggyu is blacking out and they are leaving. Ailee fishes for her phone, glad she put Woohyun on the first speed dial. When Woohyun picks up she breathes heavily. “I’m so sorry, Woohyun. Sunggyu, he’s—”

 

                She hears the phone clatter to the floor and she smiles, ending the call. Woohyun will be here in no time. She has nothing to worry about now.

 

 

                There’s blood everywhere and even though Ailee is starting to heal, she can barely move. “What happened here?” Woohyun growls as he picks up Ailee bridal style.

 

                “We were attacked by three strong vampires. They took Sunggyu and not because of you. They said they had other reasons,” she groans.

 

                “Where did they take him?”

 

                “I don’t know. Go after him with Myungsoo. I’m healing and I’ll be fine so don’t worry about me.”

 

                Woohyun nods and carefully hands her over to a servant Myungsoo had brought along. “Take her home.”

 

                The servant nods and Myungsoo and Woohyun break into a run. Woohyun follows the scent of Ailee’s blood because at least one person is covered in it. His heart pounds in his chest and he gets this weird feeling. Something like what he felt at the soiree but amplified.

 

                “We’ll find him, Woohyun,” Myungsoo reassures him but that doesn’t make it hurt any less.

 

 

                Sunggyu jolts to a start and has no idea where he is. He’s been thrown over the shoulder of one of the vampires. He suddenly remembers that Ailee’s injured and that he’s being kidnapped. He struggles, punching the back of his captor but it’s useless. “You’re pretty feisty, aren’t ya?”

 

                “Let me go,” Sunggyu tries to sound menacing but he’s as menacing as a hamster eating a marshmallow.

 

                “Aw, the kitten’s got some bite. Don’t worry; we ain’t going to hurt you. Unless you make a fuss. We were told to bring ya back alive but Sungjae never said your bones had to be intact.”

 

                Sunggyu gulps. Who is this Sungjae? They keep mentioning him and one of them said Sungjae would tell him why they want him. He wants to know so maybe if he keeps quiet he’ll find out? It’s dangerous and stupid but it’s not like he’s been smart up until this point.

 

                They jerk to a stop and Sunggyu looks up and around him. They’re surrounded by trees so thick Sunggyu can’t tell if it’s day or night. “We’re being followed,” Minhyuk says.

 

                “Well, Hyunsik, maybe if you weren’t so messy with the girl they wouldn’t be able to track the scent of her blood.”

 

                “Well, Peniel, maybe if you had a brain ya would know that they’d still be able to track Sunggyu’s scent. His blood smells pretty delicious. It would take a human not to smell it from miles away.”

 

                Sunggyu feels uncomfortable and he squirms a little. “It’s probably the Prince and his friend,” Minhyuk guesses.

 

                “Wait, you mean Woohyun and L? Really? I don’t want to even see them. I’ve heard about what they can do. That L guy can be pretty gory.”

 

                “Oh, stop whining like a baby.”

 

                “Let’s just get to the meeting point. It’s not far now.”

 

                They start back up in a run but only for a minute because then they’ve arrived at what looks like a haunted mansion. It’s old and was probably abandoned years ago. They walk up the steps and into the house. The door is bolted and locked in ways Sunggyu’s never seen before and he’s brought to a room upstairs. It’s an old bedroom covered in dust and when the door shuts, he can hear a lock click.

 

                He sits on the floor, breathing heavily. His back kills but he has bigger problems. He doesn’t know what they’re going to do to him in here. He feels very conflicted because on one hand he wants to escape but on the other he wants to know what they want with him. He doesn’t know how long he’s sitting there when the lock clicks and the door swings open. Standing there are two vampires Sunggyu hasn’t met yet. A part of him hopes one of them is Sungjae so he can get some answers because clearly escape isn’t so much of an option anymore.

 

                One of them steps forward and Sunggyu can physically see his eyes light up. “I haven’t properly introduced myself yet. I am Sungjae and this is Eunkwang.”

 

                Sunggyu swallows and inches back. “Oh, don’t worry. We aren’t going to hurt you.” It takes one second for Sungjae to cross the big room and he’s squatting in front of Sunggyu. He reaches out to trace Sunggyu’s jawline, his finger trailing down to the expanse of veins running down his neck. Sunggyu’s breath shakes and he trembles underneath Sungjae’s cold touches. “It really is you,” Sungjae mutters under his breath. Sungjae lets out a breathy laugh before holding Sunggyu’s head up by his chin. “I’ve been looking for you for centuries and you’re already taken. Maybe I really will have to kill Woohyun after all.”

 

                Sunggyu pushes his fear back and tries to at least look as confident as he wants to be. “What do you want with me?”

 

                Sungjae the air between his teeth. “I have a little someone that’s been sleeping for a long time. I need that person to wake up.”

 

                “Why do you need me?

 

                “I don’t want to give all my secrets away just yet but I guess I can tell you a little something since you’re the key anyways.”

 

                “What do you mean?”

 

                “I mean that you’re very special, Sunggyu. I guess if this was some heroic fairytale you could be called Chosen or something like that.”

 

                “Why me?”

 

                “Well, that’s the million dollar question, isn’t it? I want to find that out for myself too. You know for curiosity’s sake and all. I’ve got a few theories, though. One of them involves having a little taste…” Sungjae’s hand glides his hand over Sunggyu’s neck and with his other hand he pushes Sunggyu’s head so that it is angled in a way that completely exposes his neck.

 

                He feels Sungjae’s fangs slide across the pulsing vein in his neck and Sunggyu squeezes his eyes shut. The fangs pierce him and he chokes on his breath. He’s only felt Woohyun do this to him and it’s different when Woohyun does it. When Woohyun does it, it doesn’t hurt; it feels kind of nice. But this feels terrible and his head starts to spin.

 

                “Sungjae, they’re here.”

 

                Sungjae pulls away from Sunggyu but he doesn’t really look as if he’s heard. His eyes are bright red and he stares at the wound in Sunggyu’s neck, the blood running down his milky skin. “I have a new theory. And I think I’ve just proved it right.”

 

                “Sungjae, they’re here,” Eunkwang repeats. Sungjae stands and smiles down at Sunggyu. “Make sure they don’t get Sunggyu,” Sungjae wipes away the blood dripping down Sunggyu’s neck and his finger before spinning around and stepping past Eunkwang, leaving Sunggyu a shivering mess. 

 

 

wow ive been updating pretty quickly

so should i rate the story m because of the gore? you guys tell me if youre not good with blood because i'll rate it m but i figured it wasnt too bad?