Part 1

In The Same Storm

          “What are you doing here?” Pie shouted at Kim who just walking in into class. Pie didn’t realize that sentence makes other girls in her class looked her with sharply eyes.

            Kim looked at her with no interest. “Study.”  She answered coldly then sat on a chair beside window. She puts white headphone on her ears, looked away through window, and doesn’t care with Pie’s eyes which stared her.

            “You know Kim?” Jane asked Pie with a little bit jealousy on her tone.

            “Just a bit.” Pie answered. “Is she in this class too?” her eyes still on Kim.

            Jane nodded. “Yes, you don’t know about it?” she’s a bit surprised that Pie doesn’t know that Kim in this class too.

            “Is she always like that? Acting cold, I mean.” Pie asked again.

            “Yep, she’s always like that.” Boy answered.

            Pie is a transferred student and this is her first day. Jane and Boy are her first friends. Jane had a body like’s model: tall, pretty, and had long hair. Boy is a man who likes to act like a girl, but Pie didn’t mind it. As for Kim, Pie met her on another day. She’s a daughter of Pie’s dad friend. Pie and her parents visit Kim’s house.

            Apparently, on Kim’s house there was a party, Kim’s birthday. There were a lot of Kim’s cousins and they got easily attracted with Pie, especially guys. They were trying to get Pie attention, but Pie didn’t interest at all.

            Pie walked to Kim which standing near the pool. “Hey, Kim, happy birthday, but sorry I don’t have a gift for you.” She tried to be friendly.

            “No problem.” Kim said coldly then leaves Pie alone.

            Pie snorted. She was trying to be friendly, but Kim just like that. It’s a lie if Pie didn’t mad.

            “Don’t mad. Kim always likes that.” Yam was trying to cool down Pie. “I’m Yam anyway. Nice to meet you.” She smiled.

            “I’m Pie. Nice to meet you too.” Pie answered with big smile. “Are you her cousin too?”

            Yam was shaking her head. “No, I was her friend.” Pie can senses the bitter tone, even if Yam tried to cover it.

            “I see….” Pie didn’t know how to react because she didn’t want to look like too curious. “Then you’re her enemy?”

            Yam was laughing. “In her mind, maybe yes, but in my mind, I don’t think so.”

            “Hah?” Pie didn’t get the meaning of Yam’s sentence.

            “You’re full of curiosity, huh?” said Yam giggle.

            “Sorry, I tried to control it, but I can’t.” Pie answered with innocent look on her face.

            Yam was laughing again. “You’re funny, Pie. I think Kim need friend like you. I need to go now. See ya.” Yam waved at Pie and leaves her alone. Again, Pie alone.

            Kim is always like that. That sentence flying on her mind, even today, at class, Boy said the same thing.

            “Hi.”

            Pie awakens from her thought and looks at the guy that standing in front of her chair.

            “I’m Van. You’re new, right?”

            Pie nodded. “Yes, I’m new and I’m Pie.”

            Van had a handsome face, tall, and neat. Pie must acknowledge that he has a good taste. Again, Pie received a lot of jealousy look from the girls on her class, but she doesn’t realize it, again.

 

            It has been a week, but Pie never once met her roommate. In Blue University, every student must stay at dorm. One room is for two peoples. She doesn’t mind to be alone, until her roommate come.

            Klik! Pie raised her head from her book to see who’s just opened her door room.

            She startled when know who is it. “What are you doing here?” her eyes follows every step that person do.

            “This is my room.” She answered coldly.

            “You’re here too, Kim? But you haven’t showed up.”

            “I was on my home.” Kim lying on her bed then closed her eyes.

            Pie still can’t take her eyes off from her. Actually, she had much of questions for her, but don’t have the courage to ask her. She’s so mysterious, thought Pie.