Part 2

In The Same Storm

           “Pie, can you do a favor for me?” asked Van when they just ended the second lecture.

            “What is it?”

            “Promise me first.”

            “Okay, now tell me.” Pie isn’t a patient person.

            Van giggled. “Okay, okay, I’ll tell it.” He takes a deep breath. “Give me a day to be with you. Will you?”

            “I’ll give it, Van,” said Boy happily.

            Van rolled his eyes. “Not you, Boy. I’m asking Pie.”

            “It’ll be better if you go with me.” Boy grumbled. “Let’s out, Jane.” He pulled Jane left hand and out from class.

            Pie and Van laughing while look Boy behavior.

            “So?” Van asked again.

            “When?”

            “This Saturday.”

            Pie thinks for a second. “Okay then.”

            Van smiled widely and looks very happy. “Thanks, Pie!”

 

            Van takes Pie to the movie theater, watching Pee Mak which makes Pie crazy because she’s really likes Mario Maurer. After that, they’re having dinner in one of the fast food restaurant, then shopping for a while, and go home.

            “Thanks, Pie, for today. I’m so happy hangout with you.” He truly means it because happiness reflected in his eyes.

            “Me too. Good night, Van.” Pie gives Van her big smile.

            “Goodnight too, Pie.”

            Pie waiting for lift to go to her room because her room is on fourth floor. When the door of lift has opened, Yam walks out.

            “Hi, Pie. How’s your date?” Yam asked.

            “Good. We just watch Pee Mak and Mario Maurer too handsome.” Pie answered with enthusiast. “Where’re you going anyway?”

            “To the mart. I need to buy something. See ya, Pie."

            “See ya.” The lift door closed.

 

            “You’re here again, Kim,” said Pie when she saw Kim on her bed and her blanket cover almost of all her body. Kim didn’t reply her.

            “Have you eaten, Kim?” Pie asked and again, Kim didn’t reply her.

            Pie sighs and shouts “always like that” flying to her mind again. She’s just too much, thought Pie. Pie chooses not to bother Kim again and takes a bath. After bathed, she’s trying to study when Kim phone ringing loudly. Felt annoyed, Pie waking Kim up.

            “Kim, your phone to noisy, answers it.” But she doesn’t respond. “Kim….” Pie shakes her body, but still no respond.

            Pie pulls her blanket and surprised when saw Kim’s body is trembling. “Kim, are you okay?” Pie starts to worry.

            She touched Kim’s forehead. “You’re burning, Kim.”

            Later, Pie put a towel with warm water on Kim’s forehead, but Kim throws that.

            “What’re you doing?” Pie shouted angrily and put the towel on her forehead again.

            “I’m fine.” Kim throws that towel again.

            “You’re not fine, Kim. You burn—”

            “I-am-fine.” Kim wakes up from her bed and walks out.

            “Go back to your bed, Kim. Kim!” Pie shouted with anger, but Kim just walking.

            Pie runs over her and faces her. “Where’re you going?” Pie looks so mad.

            “Not your business.”

            “You’re sick. Let me take care of you.” Pie lowers her tone.

            “No need.”

            Pie’s eyes get teary. “Did I do something wrong to you, Kim?”

            “Nope.”

            “Then why did you so cold to me?”

            “No reason. Just move away from me and you’ll be fine.”

            Kim walks through Pie, don’t know that Pie starts crying.

 

            Pie looks at her clock, already 1 am and Kim hasn’t come home yet. Pie can’t call her because Kim left her phone at their room. Pie just worried. When Kim finally comes, Pie relief and go nearer her. Kim just surprised knowing that Pie hasn’t sleep yet.

            “Where’ve you been? I’m worried. God, you’re so hot, Kim.” Pie touches Kim’s forehead.

            “Why you worried? You’re not even my friend.” Kim looks at Pie with her cold eyes.

            “But I’m your roommate.” Pie looked back to Kim.

            Kim snorted. “So what?” she pushed away Pie and walks to her bed.

            Pie takes a deep breath and approach Kim. “Eat—” She hands over a bowl of porridge, but Kim already slap it and it spilled on the floor.

            “Just take care of your boyfriend.” Kim lied down on her bed and faces the wall.

            “I’ll bring you another bowl.” Pie tried so hard not to cry. She doesn’t know why Kim really hates her. Pie just tried for being her friend.

            “Eat this,” Pie puts another bowl of porridge in Kim’s desk—beside her bed. “then take your pill and go to sleep. I won’t bother you again.”

            Pie cleans up the floor before she goes to sleep. “Anyway, I don’t have a boyfriend. Goodnight, Kim.”

 

            Pie touched Kim’s forehead. She’s better now, thought Pie. She smiled widely that empty bowl.

            “What’re you doing?”

            Pie startled when Kim suddenly opens her eyes and stared her.

            “Checking on you. Seems like you’re better now. Are you dizzy? Want me to massage your head?”

             “No need. Just go.” Kim closed her eyes again.

            Pie sighed. “Okay, sorry to disturb you. Don’t forget to take your pill. Call me if you need anything.”

            Pie walks away with teary eyes. She never felt this hurt before. She just knows how hurt hateful is.