8:45

Our Late Night Conversations Through My Drunk Eyes
It was like any other night of the week: getting drunk and waking up the next day with a massive hangover. It was how Kim Kibum went about his life. It had been about four or five years since SHINee disbanded and it seemed like Key was the only one who hadn't moved on from when they dominated the billboards. Onew expanded his acting career and starred in many dramas, films, and plays outside of Korea. Jonghyun left him for an ex-girlfriend of his whilst continuing his singing career in Japan. Taemin became a well-known choreographer and ended up marrying Naeun. Minho continued to feature on Let's Go Dream Team and started training for the Olympics. Key? Well, there he was, at the bar: wasting his life away to alcohol and reflecting back on all those things he regretted not doing.
 
"Another round," he demanded. The bartender eyed him suspiciously before giving him two more glasses of tequila. That was his sixth round already. It's a wonder as to how he didn't become ill with alcohol poisoning. He downed both shots and slammed the glasses down on the counter. Key's vision was starting to blur and every few seconds, he had to refocus his eyes. His throat burned and he stumbled trying to get to the door. 
 
"Someone drive Key home. I'm tired of doing it," one of the bouncers lounging on a bar stool closest to the exit whined. "Let Jun See do it."
 
Key heard someone scoff but he couldn't figure out who since his head was practically spinning. He suddenly felt a weight on arm and one around his waist. The lights seemed to pulsate and randomly brighten. He could have sworn he saw that chair move by itself. The last thing he remembered was that weight on his arm and around his waist.
 
 
"Good morning! Thanks for joining us here on KBS Radio. The time is 7:51 and here we'll start your day off with a classic pop song by the now disbanded, SHINee." It only took Key a second to grab the radio and chuck it at the wall on the other side of the room. He buried his head under his pillow and covered his ears. What a perfect way to start the day, he thought. Why must I be reminded of then all the time? Removing his head from under his pillow and slinging his feet over the side of the bed, he stood. Or at least, tried to. Key was on the floor within seconds of getting up. With his fall came all of the effects of his daily hangover. 
 
"Ugh," he groaned, taking off his clothes as he trudged towards the bathroom. He leaned over the tub, turning on the water. Testing the temperature and waiting for it to warm up to his liking, he stepped inside and yanked the curtain so that it covered his lean body. Although he lived alone, it gave an odd sense of comfort. The jet streams of water hit his back and he stood there... not doing anything for a few minutes. He didn't care if he was going to be late, his boss couldn't afford to fire him.
 
He let out a sad sigh as the water hit a certain spot below his ribs. That was where Jonghyun would constantly kiss and run the tips of his fingers over. Key knew Jonghyun was never really over Se Kyung but he hoped and prayed that maybe he was more than enough to make those feelings go away. He could still remember the way Jonghyun would play with his hair and curl it over his fingers as Key held him close to his body. He could remember how he would tell him that he loved him in the most random of times. One time, Jonghyun barged in on Key while he was "taking care of business" to tell him how much he meant to him.
 
Key let out a sad chuckle. Although some parts are hazy, he could remember most of how their breakup went. Key was sitting at the table situated in their dorm writing lyrics when Jonghyun came in, smiling at his phone. It was natural for Key to smile too; he loved to see his boyfriend happy and smiling. But Jonghyun's smile slowly disappeared as he noticed Key at the table. He removed his jacket and took a seat across from him.
 
"Key?" he started, "I really hate to have to do this to you... but... I feel it would be better if we were to date other people."
 
Key immediately dropped his pen and sat back in his chair. "What?" he asked, although he had heard him clearly.
 
"Key, I'm sorry. I really am but I no longer feel what I used to feel for you."
 
"Please tell me you're kidding," he told him as he closed his eyes. "Please tell me you're joking. This isn't funny, Jonghyun." His voice wavered and he could feel the tears starting to well up in his eyes.
 
"I-"
 
"No!" he yelled and sprung up from his seat at the table. "Why are you doing this to me?" he yelled through tears. "Why are you doing this to me? I'm pretty losing everything and everyone I love. SHINee's disbanded and now you're leaving me. What have I done wrong? Tell me and I'll fix it, just don't leave me."
 
"Look, Key, it's not you. It's actually someone else."
 
"Who?!" he demanded, wiping away tears.
 
"My ex actually. Shin Se Kyung."
 
"Her?! You're leaving me for her?! I'm so much better than her. I satisfy you in ways she doesn't. Why does it have to be her?"
 
"You know what, Kibum? I tried to go about this lightly but how did I know you were going to react like this?" He stood and grabbed his jacket. "I hope somewhere in the future, we can still be friends." He took one more look at Key before slamming the door behind him on his way out.
 
 
He turned off the water and wrapped a towel around his waist. 8:45. Key was always late. Better late than never as they say.