Strangers

Amnesia

Where am I?...Who am I?...What am I?

What is this place?  I see white walls and tiled floors.  Desks with different machines on them lay all around me.

Wait...they're hooked up to me.  I look at my arms: they are wrapped in bandages, little tubes and wires jutting out of them, leading to the machines.

What am I laying on? A bed? It feels like a bed.  It's soft and I'm laying under blankets.

Where is everyone?  Am I alone?

My head is pounding like crazy.  I feel like I'm going to explode with questions.  I reach up to rub my head, but the machines restrain me.

I try to sit up, but I'm too weak.  Why am I so weak?  I feel utterly helpless.

I open my mouth to call for help, but all that comes out is a dry rasp.  I suddenly realize how thirsty I am.

The door opens, and I watch as someone emerges through it.  A boy with spiky brown hair steps inside, jumping in surprise at the sight of me.

"Guys...he's awake! Onew's awake!" He called excitedly out the door before rushing over to me.

Who is this kid?  He doesn't look familiar at all.  Who's Onew?

"How are you feeling?" He asks, kissing my forehead.  I sit there, completely frozen.  This kid just kissed me.

Two other boys step into the room.  One of them has brown hair similar to the first boy's, but darker and straighter, the other one shorter and with a blondish hair color.

"Onew!" The blonde one ran up to me and hugged me.  The other boy smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Water." I croaked.

"Oh!" The tall one rushed out of the room.

The brown haired boy the side of my face.  

Why was he so affectionate?

"Onew, it's me, Jonghyun." He smiled at me.

Jonghyun? That name didn't ring a bell.

He must have seen the confused look on my face, because he turned to the blonde boy with a desperate look on his face.

The blonde sat on the side of my bed.  "Hey, it's me, Key.  Do you...remember?"

Key? What kind of a name is Key?  Who the hell are these people?

The tall one returned with a bottle of water.  He handed it to me and I drank it graciously.

"Can you talk now, Onew?" The boy named Jonghyun leaned closer.

I slowly finished my water bottle. 

"Who's Onew?"

They all looked at each other in surprise.  Key put his hand to his mouth and looked like he was about to cry.

The tall one moved closer to me.  "Do...you remember me? I'm Minho."

I shook my head.

Tears filled Jonghyun's eyes.  "Onew, you have to remember me.  I'm your boyfriend."

"Am I Onew?"

They all looked devastated, but nodded.  Tears ran down the blonde boy's cheeks.

A forth person suddenly appeared at my door.  This person had short red hair and a young, adorable face...

"Taemin." I spoke.

They all jumped and shared more surprised looks.

"What did you just say?" Minho asked.

"T-Taemin...By the door." I said nervously.

Taemin stood there, looking innocently between the four of them.

"What's going on, guys?"

"T-Taemin..." Jonghyun babbled. "How...how did you...h-he remembers...and not...w-why not...w-why him?"

Key looked at me straight on. "Onew, how do you remember Taemin and not the rest of us?"

I just stared at him.  I had absolutely no idea.  I didn't remember anything besides that boy.  There was just something about him that...I felt like I've known him.

"This can't be happening." Jonghyun choked. "He has to remember us.  He has to."

They all looked at each other, exchanging nervous glances.

"What happened?  Why don't I remember anything?" I asked them. I didn't know if they would know, but asking was worth a try.


They all turned to look at me.  Key spoke first.

"You were...electrocuted."

My eyes widened. "How?"

"Onstage." Minho said. "We don't know how it happened...Everything went haywire..."

"You were closest to the sound equipment." Jonghyun choked. "Something happened, there was a flash, and then suddenly...you were out cold."

"Why was I on stage?"

Key sighed and opened a bag, taking out a laptop and placing it on a desk.

He opened up a video and set the laptop on my lap.  The video was titled "Lucifer".

It began to play music, and I recognized Jonghyun, Key, Taemin, and Minho in the video, all with different hair.  There was also a fifth boy, whom I did not recognise.

"That's you." Key pointed to the boy.

It seemed to be a live performance, for they were on stage and there was a crowd of hundreds of thousands of people.

I watched as they all sang and danced, a tingle spreading through me every time the camera zoomed in the direction of the boy that was supposedly me.

We're...famous?

The song ended, and Key took the laptop from me, placing it back in his bag.

"Does the name 'SHINee' mean anything to you?" Minho asked.

Shiny?  What is that supposed to mean?

"It's the name of our group." Key spoke as if reading my mind.

"I don't understand...Who are you people?"

"We're your friends, Onew." Tears filled Key's eyes.  "Your best friends."

"No." I shook my head in disbelief.  "I don't even know you." 


 

First chapter of my new story! XD

Comments?  Questions? n.n