The End

A Not-So-Perfect Husband
Please log in to read the full chapter
 

 

                                                                                     

     - A Not-So-Perfect Husband -

 

"I do not like him ever since you have made the decision to marry him. I could not understand which part of him that you like!"

_____


My father's voice was still echoing in my mind. It made me trembling all of sudden and what would I want right now was his comfort.

A pair of warm hands touched my back gently and made their way to engulf my shoulder from behind. Surprisingly the simple gestures made me calm and smile before I turned my body completely to face him. With a warm smile, he greeted me with the stickiness on his face maybe due to the mixture of flour and eggs. I beamed at him happily, hiding the sadness deep inside myself.



He moved his hands with calm expression as usual, asking me, "How are you doing today. How is your work?"



Understanding the sign language, I wrapped my hands around his waist telling him, "I am fine. I'm busy like always but I am sneaking out to see you. How about you?"

He chuckled and tightened the hug. Jong In once said apart from me, baking was his life and he could not live without it.  

I parted from the hug to see the answer, "I am fine too. A little bit tired because we have a lot of orders today but I am glad you come. It is like I can recharge my energy back".


He kissed at the side of my head and I could feel a smile was curved against my hair. He smelled like vanilla essence, which I loved the most. He felt like home and indeed he is my home. He engulfed my hand into his and took me to the nearest table in the bakery. He sat across me, he asked me whether I would want anything. I shook my head.

I looked intently at him who was wiping his face with tissue. I giggled while grabbing a few pieces of tissue to help him. His black hair was styled in a flattering way and I could not help to ruffle his hair, one of my habits. He kept this hairstyle quite a long time and whenever I would like to see a fresh Jong In, he gladly changed his hairstyle. He said it was one of the ways of his affection towards me.

 

He moved his hands, telling, "Thank you".

My husband asked, "How about the family dinner you told me last week? Is it tonight?"

 

 

Hesitantly, I nodded my head. 

He was grinning happily from ear to ear telling me, "I should end my work earlier today. What should I wear?"

It was only filled with silence, however I felt suffocated looking at his pure and sincere expression. He really wanted to look the best in front of my parents.

I held his hand on the table gently and said, "Anything should be fine, Jong In. You look good in everything. Believe me".



He moved his hands again. 



"I just want to amaze your parents and thanking them for giving me such a wonderful wife".



I held back my tears. He then stood and moved closer to me. He kissed at the top of my head before signaling, "I think I should bake a cake for your parents. They will love it. Don't you think so?"



I nodded as a sign of encouragement to him. Then he bid a goodbye, not forgetting to ask me to take care of myself and quickly made his way to the kitchen.

 

 

 


Before we entered my parents' house, my husband pulled me back. I lifted my eyebrows while looking at his moving hands.

"My good girl, listen to me. Do not fight with your Dad again, okay?"



He tucked some strands of my hair behind my ear and then caressing my cheek softly, leaving the warmness to my heart.


"I will try Jong In", I said and then linking back my arm into his.



As my Mum welcoming us, Jong In gave a box of cake that he baked that afternoon to her.


"Thank you, Jong In. You are so sweet".



My husband nodded happily and moved his hands again.


"Mum, Jong In said it is only a small gift and he glad that you like it", I said to her as a translator. I was once a volunteer for the deaf and mute society in Seoul and that was the first time I met Jong In there.


"Do you think by giving a cake, everything will be fine, Kim Jong In?"


Suddenly a cold voice welcomed us from my Mom's back. At that moment, I wanted Jong In not to be mute only, but deaf too. I looked at Jong In, his expression turned to a bit dark as my Dad called him with his full name like he wanted to create a clear barrier between them. What made my

Please log in to read the full chapter