Lay

Library Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
1 Lay   

Lay lazily went to the library for the first time, if it wasn’t because of the literature project that is due in the end of the week, he wouldn’t have gone here. He’s never been fond of reading books, it actually bores him to death. With his earphones, listening to the blasting music, he sat in the far corner of the library as he open the book he needed to the a term paper for.

 

Just reading for a few minutes, Lay couldn’t take it anymore. He could just throw the book away and just sleep when something caught his eye, or rather someone.

 

On the table near the back of the library just beside the window, a girl with a short black hair is sitting; the light coming from outside illuminates her porcelain skin. Not just that, by his place he could have sworn that she look like an angel that just came down from heaven.

 

The book that he’s reading earlier has long forgotten in front of him, he turn off the music from his iPod as well. There is nothing he wants to do but just to stare at that beautiful sight.

 

But what caught his attention the most is the tears streaming down the face of the said angel. A feeling inside of him stir up with the thought that someone make that pretty girl cry.  Who could have made her cry? That was the question that bugs him.

 

His hands instantly form into a fist because of that. He was about to stand up and walk to her when he saw the book she was holding. Smiling, he now realized that she’s crying because of it.

 

For the first time in his life, Lay becomes interested in that book that made her moved. There’s no book that interest him before that’s why he never enjoy reading.

 

*****

 

The next day he found himself reading the book that she read last time. He admitted that he cried but just a little and that’s how it all started.

 

Every time he went to the library, she’s always there on the same spot she always sat on, reading a new book.

 

Your rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter