VIXX's Hyuk-Gruesome

Short Stories in the Burrow

 

“Hyuk!” You shout his name from the kitchen of his apartment.

“What?” He shouts back from the entrance door. There is a thud sound of the door being closed. You smiles to yourself while arranging the next sentence to be said in your head. And his foot collide softly on the wooden flooring against his soles.

He is your fiancé. As cliché as everyone could thinks, your status is into an arranged marriage. Hyuk is the son of your father’s hospital partner. And yes, your family owns a hospital. You have once met his parents but that is a long time ago.

“Where can I put these?” You hold up two bags of groceries as he shows up in front of you.

“In the fridge.”

It is your first time visiting his place. To your knowledge, he lives alone. Somehow, you admire his self-independent despite being a guy that can manage his house all by himself. That includes cleaning, cooking and more chores too.

You glance sideway at him who is taking off his jacket, leaving himself on his vest, dress shirt and that tie. “Alright.” You walk over and open the fridge’s door as you set a plastic bag onto the nearest counter.   

You don’t really neither know nor close to him, yet you do at last. It isn’t at last, but it begins. You start to love him of what he is- like your love story is working on plan. No funs, no unintentional but you still feel its passion deep inside. He doesn’t talk much but he is always by your side and this situation makes you close to him.

“Woah! What’s this?” You pull out a bottle of dark red liquid. You don’t realize of his presence at your side and this makes you startle when he suddenly towers over you and takes the bottle.

“You don’t want to know.” He unclasps the cap and takes a few gulps.

“Just don’t get drunk with it.” You finish arranging the groceries without removing the red liquid’s bottles lined on every corner.

He laughs. “I’ll never get drunk. You’re cooking for dinner?” You gaze up at him and nod excitedly.

“No ordering, no outing. I’m cooking a special dinner just for us.”

“Special?”

“Yeah, why?”

“No. Just don’t cook a lot.” He smiles. It is nice but somehow, it is getting stranger. It is eerie. You don’t know where the chill that down your spine comes from as it is sudden.

You are planning to make dinner by yourself and it ends up together. He does help some. It is fair then to both party advantages. After having dinner, he shows around his place. His living room is decent but somehow, you find that the atmosphere in his house is dull. You are already sensing it when you first step into his apartment. It welcomes uneasiness in the bottom of your heart.

“And here’s my bedroom.” You slip into the room when he opens the door.

“Nice.” The word automatically blurts out of your mouth although you don’t really mean it.

You look around, examining every corner. There are bookshelves with a loveseat, computer table, big mirror and a dresser with a few of empty photo frames. That’s all.

“Where’s your bed?” You try not to make it sounds incredulous and something less inappropriate.

He lies himself off the dark peach wall upon listening to your question. “I don’t sleep here.”

“Then in your living room?” He chuckles and shakes his head. You just tilt your head in confusion.

“I always spend the night at my parent’s.”

No wonder this place is unusually tidy for a guy. “I see.” You smile at him and walk around the room and stare into a creamy curtain falls onto the one side hand-rest of the loveseat. The other portion of the curtains lands limply onto a wooden, long rectangle box. It pulls your foot to come closer.

“What’s this?” You squat and graze the tips of your fingers onto it. 

“A coffin.”

You throw your head behind and look up at him, who is gradually stepping closer. “Coffin?” You don’t try to psychic but just hearing to that word makes yourself chilling in the nape. It is scary. You can’t help but chuckle, the flat one. Again, you don’t mean it, to surpass that laugh out of amusement. There’s none. “Why would you own a coffin anyway?”

Out of nowhere, his arms appear on either side of your body and fall against the man craft with a whisper on your left ear.  “To rest.”

Your body turns rigid as he rests his chin on your shoulder and collide your head with his. Both of his hands move to open and a squeaky sound chimes through the chamber.  The coffin’s door opens ajar, revealing the black colour of the base. You shift uneasily on every second he in the air and breathe on your skin.

“Re-rest?” You stammer. Your heart starts to palpitate faster, like the thrumming wings of a caged bird.

 “I told you, that you really don’t want to know.”

He releases the coffin’s door and pulls away from you. Quickly, you stand up and turn around. He is nowhere but the sight of the closing door that tells. “Hyuk?”

Your lips, your whole body shake involuntarily as you call out his name with no single reply. You step forward, feeling like staggering, to claim the door. Your eyes are travelling everywhere as you suddenly become alert over simplest things. The curtain shifts slightly is enough to make your breath quickens.

Containing all your courage, you stride over the plats of the floor and pull the doorknob. You bump the door slightly as it won’t open. Like a flash, you look behind again as there is something behind you. You swear, you feel it! So far, your intuition hasn’t sent any false message.

Now, you feel that this place isn’t just dull. It is something else. The coffin. That opened coffin. And the rustling air- the swish.

You grumble softly while working on the door. Getting such craze, you twist the doorknob and pull it harshly. It is when you find yourself stumbling out to the hallway, that is dark.

“Hyuk!” You shout out his name, once again, and he doesn’t answer. “Where are you?”

You walk slowly and used the wall as the guide. You tend to get out of this place. You are thinking that maybe you can find him out there.

By the time, a sudden bloom of cold crosses your body. You hug yourself and resume walking. It feels like so far to reach the door out. Like the hallway really has no end. In the middle of your quizzical train of thought, a pair of red eyes covered in the dark cuts your breath. It makes you gasp in fear. You inch backwards when they slowly approach you.

Your eyes widen as your chest heaves up and down. This time, you don’t use the wall as the guide anymore. Your trembling pair of hands is down on your sides aimlessly. There is nothing can be held in this state.

“No...”  The sound of your whispering breath wavers as you whimper ton of times.

You stumble on something behind and stagger for a while before toppling over your full weight into the same coffin back in the room. “Ah!”

You lay your palms on either side on the coffin’s walls and search around the small space. You were lying there, weakly. How come this thing is here? The hairs start to prickle over your body. You topple on your elbows in attempt to sit up but the door of the coffin is slowly closing. “NO!”

Thud!

You muffle the scream and continuously bang the hard, coffin’s door. “Hyuk! Help me!” You neck is wet from all the cold sweat. Same goes to your forehead. “Help me...”

Poor you. It is miserable to shout for help when there is no one, a single person to hear your grievance. You are currently in your breath, a distressful way to finally close your eyes.

You do close your eyes but they shot open again when you feel that the door is opened. From your view, there stand him. “Hyuk!” Wake up by happiness, you quickly stand up and hug his neck, right on your spot and don’t bother to walk away from the coffin.

You are grinning at the moment, feeling relieved that he is there. He is there to hug you back.  “Oh Hyuk! You don’t have any idea what’s happening here. Where have you been? I feel so scared...”

“Sorry...” He murmurs against your hair. “...if I do this to you.”

You release the hug, as you start it first, and stare into his crimson eyes. “What happen?” Your smile falters dramatically when he grimaces and exposes both fangs. As his pale face gets attached with yours, he pushes you into the coffin.

And the door closed.

“AH!”

 


Special for NiaTeenTop as requested! Please enjoy!

@BunnyH

I’m so sorry if this story or something. I’m not good at picking the title either.  

❤ You

 

Yeoreumimnida  on Jul 13, 2013 17:16:25 saysx
pretty interesting>< i couldnt stop reading 

NiaTeenTop  on Jul 13, 2013 00:47:23 saysx
It just just... soo... awesoommee! *cries*
You are awesome. I want a sequel! sequelllll~ 
Is 'you' going to be a vampire too? Or she'll die? DUNDUNDUN~
OMGOMGOMG! I really need to know will happen next. ahhhhh~ *runs around and falls and rolls on the floor and dies and undies again* (what am i talking?)
Like seriously, I hate cliffhanger. *le jumps jumps on the bed*