On the Look Out

My Teacher's Boyfriend is My Brother

Suhyun sighed as she and her two friends walked down the hall. It was now lunch and they were on their way to the cafeteria. They had just come from PE, and the perfume smell of all the girls, who didn't want to smell like sweat, was not helping them at all.

"Unnies, I don't like the thought of Ms. Seo being alone on Valentine's Day," she whispered. "She's a really good person..."

Hyojin nodded in agreement. "She's so sweet and nice, and she is, no doubt, attractive."

"Has a good sense of fashion too, now that I think about it," Yoonmi stated, putting her finger on her chin. "She knows how to act too. My mom knows because—"

"Because your mom is best friends with Ms. Seo, we know," both Suhyun and Hyojin said at the same time. Then, Hyojin alone, mumbled, "You've told us too many times, Kim Yoonmi."

Suddenly, Suhyun snapped her finger. "Let's find Ms. Seo a special somebody!"

Yoonmi, who was in LOVE with romance and dramas, looked at Suhyun with eyes lit up. She probably got the drama thing from her mother, Yoona. But she ended up liking it even more after learning her parents' love story. About how her parents met when they were in a school play.

Hyojin, however, who was not much of a fan of romance, and was a fan of boy stuff, looked at Suhyun with a raised eyebrow. Hyojin had parents who weren't into the girl stuff. Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon, being the parents, just joked around, and taught her how to dance, but not something girly like ballet.

Suhyun, who was in between personalities, just smiled at the both of them, being quite happy of Yoonmi liking the idea, and being quite amused at Hyojin's uncertainty for the plan. Her parents were only around until she was at the age of 8, and she grew up with Kyuhyun, her older brother.

Kyuhyun was this witty, clever guy that liked having fun, but had a huge heart. He cared for her, and about what types of things she'll like. So he had to be the big brother of course, but sometimes, for her to have a feminine sense, had to be like a sister as well. And he knew what girls liked and disliked, growing up with his older sister around, who had also died in the car crash with their parents.

"Really?" Hyojin asked.

"YES!" Yoonmi screamed with joy. She didn't even let them talk as she started talking about the "perfect" guy. "It has to be someone who will just make her heart soar! Someone kind because she is, someone witty and clever for jokes, and someone—"

Suhyun interreupted. "But who, in this city, that we know of, is like that? And it has to be someone attractive as well."

Hyojin hummed as she thought. "Maybe, Mr. Jung..."

"The music teacher?" Suhyun asked.

Yoonmi shook her head. "He's not that witty..."

The three sighed as they walked in the cafeteria and towards the line. As they got their trays, Suhyun looked at her friends.

"How about we go around asking the nighbors that we know?" Suhyun asked. "You know, the cute, young ones!"

Yoonmi nodded excitedly. "Totally!" She got some rice and chicken and put it on her tray. "I think that... that way, we can find a guy easily. Remember, he has to be—"

Hyojin interrupted. "But most of them are taken, you know that." She got her food along with Suhyun.

"What about that cute guy..." Suhyun whispered, "The guy across my street... LUHAN! What about him?"

"He's got a girlfriend, remember?" Hyojin stated. They started walking to a table.

"He has a girlfriend?!" Yoonmi exclaimed. "I did not know that. Well, what about that Kris guy?"

"He has a girlfriend, too!" Suhyun shouted, finally realizing that most of the guys in her neighborhood had somebody. "Unnies, most of the young guys ELIGABLE for Ms. Seo are TAKEN!"

The three girls sighed and started to eat their food in silence.

 


 

The spring breeze blew through the trees, making the air a bit chilly. Winter had finally passed and spring was trying to work its magic. Trees started to grow green leaves again. The flowers looked bright and colorful. The grass was green and luscious.

But that didn't help the three girls think of a guy.

They walked in silence, Suhyun thinking of what to say, Yoonmi thinking as well but also taking in the scenery as if it were a scene she pictured in a drama, and Hyojin just staring at the ground, wondering about random things.

Suhyun sighed aloud, but nobody said anything. Then she sighed again, only louder.

"Okay, Suhyun, we're just as frustrated at you are," Hyojin mumbled. "Now, let's all just think for a moment... who is old enough..."

"Yet young enough..." Suhyun continued.

"And attractive with a good personality..." Yoonmi finished.

The girls pondered and soon found themselves in front of Suhyun's house without them knowing. Suhyun barely realized it when she hit her fence and she took out her keys.

The girls walked up the porch and Suhyun unlocked the door, letting all of them inside.

After putting their backpacks down in Suhyun's room, the girls lied down in bed, physically exhausted and mentally exhausted.

"Hey, what about Changmin oppa?" Yoonmi asked. "He—"

"He's out of the country for a business trip," Suhyun sighed, and the three girls went silent again. They heard a knock on the bedroom door and the door creaked open. Suhyun looked up, then went back to her tired position. "Hey, oppa."

"When did you girls get here?" Kyuhyun asked, walking in with a box in his hands.

"Just a few minutes ago, oppa..." Hyojin sighed. "Oh, and, oppa, my dad said that you owe him some money..."

Kyuhyun laughed. "Is that so? Okay, then." He held up the box he was holding. "Okay, girls, I'll be gone for just a little while. I have to get these parts to Donghae hyung. He said he's fixing old Mr. Noh's car."

"Hey, oppa!" Yoonmi exclaimed suddenly as she popped up. "Does Donghae oppa have a special somebody for Valentine's Day?"

He put down the box for a while to rest his arms. "I suppose so. After weeks of flirting with that Jung Sooyeon, I believe he has caught her heart. Why?"

"Oh, nothing," Yoonmi sighed and lied back down.

He raised an eyebrow. "Okay, well, I'm going to go now." He picked up the box. "Remember, snacks are in the kitchen. You can only watch tv after you finish your homework, so you girls better do it. And if you need anything, call my cell phone."

"Yes, oppa," the three girls said in unision. Kyuhyun chuckled and left the room.

Soon after, they heard the front door close and lock. And they started to do homework, still thinking about a good guy for Ms. Seo.

 


 

It had been an hour since Kyuhyun left, and the girls occuppied themselves by watching tv. But he came 30 minutes later, and he was not surprised to see the girls watching a romance drama, Yoonmi being the most interested.

As he walked in, Suhyun looked at his direction, and she was pretty surprised that he had come back earlier than usual.

"Oppa!" she exclaimed. "I thought you'd stay with Donghae oppa longer!"

Kyuhyun chuckled and shook his head. "He said that I can stay home. Besides, someone is going to come pick up the painting I made."

"Ooooh! Did oppa make another fabulous painting that someone purchased?" Yoonmi asked, enthusiastically, expressing how much she loved the word "fabulous".

Hyojin only stared at her weirdly, wondering why she still hangs out with Yoonmi.

Kyuhyun and Suhyun just laughed their big family laugh they shared.

"Yes, Yoonmi, yes," he said, obviously amused. He ruffled each of their heads, making them complain and whine, only causing Kyuhyun to laugh.

And in the end, the girls smiled and laughed too.

"Oppa, do you love us?" Yoonmi asked.

Kyuhyun smiled and hugged the three of them. "The only girls in my life." He stood up straight and was about to leave.

"Wait," Hyojin said. "Does that mean you have no special somebody for Valentine's Day?"

He chuckled and nodded, then walked in his own room. But while he was inside, Hyojin and Yoonmi looked at each other with wide eyes. Suhyun stared at the two, not knowing what they were thinking.

She just looked at the two giving each other some sort of look. "Why are you two like that...?"

"We know who should be with Ms. Seo," they both said cheerfully. Suhyun didn't know who they were talking about, until she saw the way they eyed Kyuhyun when he came back in the living room.

"You don't mean my brother, right?" Suhyun whispered.

Her two friends could only giggle, which Suhyun took as a big yes.

 

 

 


 

first chapter DONE! now, the girls hav found the guy for their teacher... :)