Eggs

Picture This

For the first time in his life, Taemin manages to cook something satisfactory. At least to Minho.

Jonghyun watches the taller male incredulously as he showers the box of scrambled eggs and rice with relentless commendations on its presentation. For example, Golly Taemin The Yolk Is A Fabulous Yellow or Why It Smells Unbelievable.

Jonghyun scrutinises the poor-thing-that-was-flattened-and-sentenced-to-turmoil; he wouldn't quite classify that thing to be an egg, lest edible. The edges are crisped with black, it's releasing a putrid stench, and it doesn't look all that appetising.

Minho seems to believe otherwise, however; he's pointing at parts of the lunchbox's contents at random, a lopsided grin punctuating his words of praise. And Taemin is blushing furiously, so he punches Minho's arm in a tacit form of gratitude. 

"Ouch - oh, and the rice is - well, if I must say, such a unique colour -"

"If you like it so much, why don't you try it then?" Taemin suddenly suggests zealously, and gestures widely at his ambrosia, as Minho deigns to name. 

Minho's smile falters. "Well... sure, Taemin," he demurs, "anything for you."

Jonghyun proceeds viewing the scene in mirthful detachment, sliding his plate away to find Key at the opposite end of the table. Minho is forcing a painful swallow and glances at him in terrified desperation. 

"You called for it," Jonghyun mouths, and returns his attention to his food.

 

A/N- Fluff! But this drabble is actually pretty old. I discovered it while digging through old notes. Hope you liked it!