pAssing

The A Game

              After Miss Son's class, which was found to be two very long hours spent introducing one another and doing various introductory activities, the four girls finally regrouped. The school was having an early and extended lunch time as it was the first day of school. Hyuna decided to skip the lunch line to go find her brother, leaving Ailee, Bekah, and Bora waiting in the lunch line impatiently. 

             Walking around in the small area outside the cafeteria Hyuna looked for her brother. She thought to herself whether she actually missed their school or not. Likely not, but she did think she would miss this area because of it's simple nature-like simplicity. There was very green grass with small flowers growing, a stone-like pathway to walk on, and trees bent over as if the trees themselves believed it was their purpose to give shade to the students. They called the area the "Cafeteria Garden" since it was outside the cafeteria and did in fact look a bit like a garden, or a minuscule park. In the center was a very pretty little fountain that their clique used to command when Jessica was still alive. She remembered Jessica saying it was their spot because, like them, it was the center of the area and easy for anyone to see and see anyone from. Although now it was occupied by a lonely girl studying tirelessly, her pen dancing across the paper in swift . Jessica would have called her an overachieving, unlikable nerd, but Hyuna was not so cold. That girl was very pretty with fair skin and long brown hair, but was both an academic and a tennis player. Hyuna might have stopped to greet the lonely girl, but she decided not to at least for the moment. The girl looked up at her and made eye contact that was almost hateful. The sound of a metal tray distracted her and Hyuna looked away for a moment, looking back and finding the girl gone from the fountain. 

             She finally found her little brother, although he was literally surrounded by other boys. Right away she could pinpoint a boy she definitely did not want Minwoo hanging around. Kyoungjae, although those that tried to be able to speak at his level of fluent English called him Eli. He was by no means a good influence, and it was clear as even Jessica didn't want her clique around him. It led her to remember that Jessica had actually promised Hyuna to keep Minwoo safe from Kyoungjae as long as she still could breathe. Another ironic thing, as Jessica no longer could still breathe.

             Hyuna walked into the middle of the circle surrounding Minwoo, who was giggling and smiling, and quickly pulled him out of the circle and away from all the boys. Minwoo had started to whine he was talking to his friends as Hyuna stopped by the fountain.

             "Minwoo, at least half those boys including Kyoungjae look like they want to eat you. And not in the manner of food." She had stated the observational fact so plainly that she almost didn't realize what she had said, and Minwoo's cheeks had turned a dark pink color the moment he heard it. 

             "U-um, can we talk about something that does not involve some dirty suggestion?" Minwoo's high-pitched voice had raised to the point that Hyuna could barely hear or understand the last bit of her brother's sentence. Hyuna finally remembered why she came to find Minwoo in the first place and asked about his feeling of finally being in high school. The answer was generic, and Minwoo ran off back to the group he was in. The brunette rolled her eyes and huffed, starting to walk away but stopped and let out a small squeak when she bumped against somebody. 

             "I'm really sorry, I should've been looking where I was going. Are you oka-" The word died away into the air when she looked at who it was she bumped into. A cat-like face she didn't expect to see again. "Myungsoo?"

             The feline-looking boy, Myungsoo, simply looked at Hyuna with a small grin as his eyes closed. A soundless chuckle came from him, and it looked innocent, but it was unnerving to see someone laugh but not be able to hear the sound of it. He opened his eyes again after he finished "laughing" and looked at Hyuna for a moment, still smiling slightly. He moved his hands in intricate, quick motions. Sign language. 

             Hyuna couldn't understand what any of the hand movements meant. She knew how to Sign the alphabet, but couldn't understand anything except for the single letters and a few very choice words. Myungsoo's eyes widened very slightly, and he looked up with a concentrated expression for a moment. He looked back at Hyuna and Signed a question in letters.

How was your summer?

             "I don't think it could've been any more stressful. I was visiting family for most of the summer, kind of boring. How was your summer?" 

             Myungsoo tilted his head and shrugged, but he did do a Sign that Hyuna could understand.

Beach.

             The boy reached for his backpack and took two cookies out that were wrapped together with a note on top. He handed it to Hyuna and waved with a smile, leaving without any time for a thank you or other words.

For Hyuna and Minwoo - Cookies for you from Myungsoo

             Hyuna chuckled softly. Myungsoo had always been a considerate person. He didn't deserve to be in his current condition, or have to struggle through the cause of it, but there was no taking time back. Sometimes she wondered if disappearing would help Myungsoo or not.

             She sighed and started walking back to her three friends, surprised to find the three standing some yards away. They had been watching her. It was when she was a few feet from the clique that she heard the sound of their ringtones sing. The look of dread was shared between them as they whispered the text together.

"My oh my, who have we here? A thirsty-for-your-brother Kyoungjae and a silent, wordless Myungsoo? Jessica isn't here to help poor baby Woo, and it's all of your faults for Myungsoo. I love the look of guilt on your faces, it fits you es.

~A"

             "I can't believe this ." Ailee hissed. The blonde almost crushed her sandwich in her hands, but it was better to break her food than her phone.

             "Evil knows how to rhyme." Bekah deadpanned. It would have made them laugh in a different situation, but the humor was dry, and in this moment, an infuriating thing.

             "What happened to Myungsoo isn't our faults though. We weren't involved." Bora looked over the Cafeteria Garden, trying to find Myungsoo. They did find Kyoungjae with his arm slung over Minwoo's shoulder, slouched over since he was so much taller than Minwoo. Hyuna gritted her teeth, resisting the urge to march over and claw out Kyoungjae's eyes.

             "Let's hope he doesn't try the "hit-it-and-quit-it" thing with Minwoo. I'll personally cut him myself if he tries." Jessica's voice rang through Hyuna's ears, freezing the girl in her spot. She looked around trying to find Jessica, her expression was mortified as she couldn't find her. Bekah held Hyuna's arm, shaking her lightly.

             "Calm down Hyuna, what's wrong?" Hyuna didn't answer, shaking her head and breathing slowly. 

             "Are Myungsoo and Kyoungjae friends?" Ailee asked, still looking at Kyoungjae with such contempt that one would think the blonde man would melt.

             "They did sports together, that's all I know." Bekah responded, looking back at Kyoungjae before turning the the clique. "It's Eunjung and Jessica's fault that Myungsoo is how he is now."

             "We all know it's their fault, but we're at fault too for not interfering and trying to help." Bora countered. She looked like she was about to say something, but stopped. Her finger pointed lowly to a direction behind the three girls, making them turn around and widen their eyes in shock.

             It was Eunjung. Her hair brownish-black, and she was dressed more for the club than school. In a loose sweater that exposed her shoulders and some bits of her back, black shorts that were mid-thigh at most, and black stilettos. Eunjung was literally strutting down the Garden as if it were the runway. The girl stopped in her tracks and stared at the four. She tilted her head and smiled such an innocent smile that betrayed everything she had ever done in the past. It felt as if time stopped for the four, because once they fully realized Eunjung was back, that she was before them as if she had practically teleported. 

              "Hey there kittens. What have you all been up to this summer?" Eunjung's smile was warm, and despite that, she still managed to look at the four condescendingly. Jessica's death had absolutely no impact on her, and she looked happy.

              "Stop smiling before I punch out your teeth." Ailee hissed, Bora holding the blonde's arm back warningly. She whispered something about being suspended and Ailee lowered her arm, still scowling at Eunjung.

              "What do you want? You're not wanted." Bekah looked surprisingly calm as she stood up to Eunjung with her arms crossed. It looked perfect for a poster showing two girls at conflict, because Eunjung was glowering with hate, her mask of innocent happiness melting away. After a few seconds, Eunjung's body relaxed, and she rested her hand on her hip. It was with a sigh that she her heel and mumbled just loud and clear enough for the other four to hear.

              "You'll see soon enough." And with that, she walked away and disappeared back into the cafeteria. Hyuna and Bora noticeably relaxed while the tension disappeared and Ailee and Bekah both slouched slightly. Bekah looked at her phone, noting that it was only about two minutes before class started again for another three hours then the end of the school day. 

              "She has something planned in that evil head of hers." Bora bit her lip slightly annoyed, shaking her head.

              "And if not, she's thinking one up. Eunjung was always very... Thorough." Bekah nodded to herself, remembering just how effective Eunjung was at planning, and very similar to Jessica in many aspects.

              "And now I have to keep an even closer eye on Minwoo with Kyoungjae around." Hyuna sighed, her eyes momentarily flicking to Minwoo who was surrounded in a group of laughing boys and Kyoungjae.

             The bell rang, and back to class they all went.

A

 


Chapter two!! I hope you guys liked this chapter too, and yup, I have Eli/Kyoungjae, Eunjung, and Myungsoo all included. Plus there was that girl by the fountain, can you guys guess who it is? Comment/Review and subscribe~
~Baby G