stArt

The A Game

             None of them could believe it. Jessica was found dead. It was almost criminal how she was found, given her eternal "bow-to-the-queen" attitude. Her remains were found off the edge of a riverbank, decomposed and broken was how she was described. Obviously she would've decomposed though, they saw the scientific way of it. The pathologist only said she was dead for at least two months. Jessica had disappeared what, at the beginning of summer? Two months and a little more.

             Now they were all there, at her funeral. The casket was closed, even her parents didn't want to look at her. The body was too far decomposed for recognition or peaceful beauty. They all stood on the front benches in the small church, in their little black dresses, small clutch bags, and shiny black stilettos. Doing just as Jessica always told them.

"Dress like you care, no matter where you're going. Make everyone else look simple, even if you are at a funeral."

             Thinking back to that time, it was horrifically ironic. The only funeral they'd need to attend since they met Jessica was her own. Yet, even in death they still listened to Jessica, following true to her words and making everyone else look "simple" in comparison.

             Hyuna, always considered Jessica's second-in-command, stood poised and graceful, giving small smiles and curt waves to the passing people. Jessica trusted her as much as she trusted herself, expecting Hyuna to uphold the honor of their clique when she was not present herself.

             Bora, the athlete of the group, tried her best to smile at the people who passed by. Despite her serious, almost stoic look, she was friendly and easy to trust.

             Bekah was the scholarly, yet athletic and artistic member of the group. Responsibility and reliability were two things Jessica prized her for.

             Ailee, the fashionable one who had dreams of becoming a designer. Smart and pretty, but still ready to put her hair in a ponytail and fight. Jessica trusted her as well, but always felt that she might be the one to seperate and become just as popular as herself.

            These were the four girls of Jessica's clique, driven to perfection by Jessica's brutal, cold, persuasive words. None of the four desired to stand and speak, but Ailee was forced to go up. The blonde girl stood at the front nervous, feeling the need to cover herself as she could see everyone staring at her.

            "Jessica was... A wonderful friend. She made us feel necessary. It was because of Jessica that we were pushed to become better, prettier, smarter. If it were not for Jessica, I don't think any of us would be as happy as we were. I take her death to my heart and wish upon a star for her to come back. Thank you." She bowed and quickly made her way off stage, and with that the funeral ended. The other three looked at her, knowing Ailee had lied to an extent. They were saddened she was dead, but her death wasn't excruciatingly unbearable. Their lives honestly might have been easier if Jessica hadn't existed the first time, but then still it was unimaginable what it would've been like without her in their lives.

             As the four stepped out, their phones rang all in sync. Different ringtones but all in sync. They looked at each other in confusion and checked their phones, reading it aloud.

"es and Liars oh my, Play my game and we'll see.
Don't fail and you won't be revealed.
Can you find me? ~A"

             They looked at each other in shock, and Bora had almost dropped her phone. They all came to the funeral with their parents, but they had to leave in this moment. This was a threat. Who knew them? What would they reveal?

              "Ailee!" The said blonde turned her head, looking at her waving mother calling out to her. She turned back to her three friends and apologized, mouthing that she would see them at school as she walked away with her heels click-clacking.

              "Talk to you guys at school. I've got to go." Hyuna's face showed no emotion as she walked off to her parents.

              "Let's go Bora. Bye Bekah." Bora's mother waved at Bekah with a small smile as she walked off with her daughter. Bekah sighed and stood in her spot, waiting for her parents to leave the church.

A

             It was the first day of school. Hyuna looked through her closet trying to complete her outfit. Black heeled boots, tight navy jeans, and a form-fit gray top under her leather jacket. She'd recently dyed her hair a chocolate brown color, ditching the plain black color of her hair that she had before. She had finally decided on putting on simply a gold heart necklace and left the house with her purse, not bothering to say bye to her parents who were busy as always, but she did stop for her little brother Minwoo.

             "Bye Woo~ See you at school alright?" She smiled and gave him a hug as she left. Her brother Minwoo was just about to start high school, and he never failed to attract boys and girls because of his cute looks. It occured to her that he might be nervous about his first day at high school, so with a sigh she went back inside her house and waited for the boy to finish eating breakfast. Their school was odd, nobody wore uniforms, just regular clothes. Despite his youth, Hyuna felt rather proud that he looked charming. His hair wasn't flat, but rather styled in a rather spiky way that she couldn't describe and dyed blonde. He wore a dark blue button-down shirt, two buttons ed to which she noticed he had no shirt or tank top under. Along with that he had black skinny jeans and blue converse, and a small gray backpack. She giggled noticing that they rather matched as he wore a gold wristband. She patted her little brother's shoulder with a grin.

             "I applaud you trying to emulate your beautiful big sister." Minwoo grinned, but swatted away at her hand with a roll of his eyes. Hyuna giggled more as they walked out together, heading over to the school slowly.

             "Hey Hyuna. Hi there Woowoo~" Bora greeted the two, and instantly Bekah and Ailee couldn't help but be all over Hyuna's little brother. He was fairly short, so he was almost dwarfed by the girls who wore heels, standing at the same height as all of them except Bekah who did have about an inch or two on him with her heels.

             "Thanks for only wearing 3-inch heels." Minwoo joked as he waved at the four, giving Hyuna a quick hug as he ran off. Once he was gone Ailee squealed.

             "My gosh he's so cute!"

             "Makes sense why Jessica loved him so much. He's adorable." Bekah chuckled.

             "Didn't Minwoo have a crush on Jessica?" Bora tilted her head before they were silenced by the bell.

             "We've gotta talk about that message we got on Jessica's funeral a few days ago. After Miss Son's class." Ailee stated, walking off to her first class with the others quickly at the side, all of them walking in a straight horizontal line, literally blocking the hallway as they walked. They formed into a straight line, walking into Miss Son's class and sitting away from each other as Miss Son always told them to. First period was History with Miss Son, or her first name Gain. Gain was beautiful, loved by all students, and lusted after by many students as well. Made sense though, she dressed as if Jessica had designed her wardrobe personally for her. Tight sweaters emphasizing her well-endowed s and curvy waist, and skirts or shorts emphasizing her legs. She had blonde hair and black eyeliner overlapped with longer red eyeliner. She preferred to be called Gain by the students she's had for a long time, while new students always called her Miss Son. Jessica had never done that, always calling her by her name casually, as if she weren't a teacher. Although, most of their days were filled with the blonde teacher, as she taught 8 classes all different subjects.

             "Hyuna, it says here I have your baby brother for three of my classes, I hope he does well." Gain smiled and went through her papers, watching her students fill the classroom.

             "Does anybody know what classes she teaches this year?" Bekah asked.

             "She teaches everything the school offers." Ailee rolled her eyes, Bora laughing.

             "Gain! Do you teach Japanese too??" Hyuna asked, calling out loudly, everyone staring at her. Gain turned around with a surprised, confused expression. She tilted her head for a moment and nodded.

             "Second semester I teach it."

             The class started, and Gain started teaching. They were going to learn World History, but since it was the first day she had made the class introduce themselves. Unfortunately, the four girls were stared at as their phones rang in sync.

             "No texting in my class. Shut the phones off please, I'll let it slide today since it's the first day." Gain glared slightly but shrugged and went back to asking students questions about themselves. The four girls nodded, checking their phones quickly. To say the least. Once they checked their phones, they couldn't have shut it off any faster.

"Listen to Professor A.
Taking History? How about I show the world yours?
Careful es, I'm watching all the time. ~A"

A


How do you guys like this chapter so far? Yes, Minwoo of Boyfriend is Hyuna's baby brother here~ so cute. Love Style or I Yah are good music videos to see how he looks, but he's blonde lol. Gain of BEG teaching? How wonderful. Comment/Review what you think and subscribe~
~Baby G