Chapter 2

Back to Total Strangers

 

The meeting was finally over and Hyun A knows very well that the succeeding days would be busy and tiring with all the schedules lined up, even though she’s clearly tired she kept an adorable smile on her face while in the meeting.

Hyun Seung was across her and she knew that the guy was throwing secret glances over her, she must admit her ex boyfriend was still gorgeous like three years ago; he seemed to have fine muscles on his arms too unlike the past that he’s just purely thin.

After the president went leaving Hyun A Hyun Seung and the managers in the room, Hyun A slowly stand up and told her manager that she’ll go to the bathroom and she’ll wait for the manager at the car.

“Stay focus Kim Hyun A, you’re here for work and not on a reunion with your ex boyfriend. Act professional and put aside your feelings. Fighting!” the beautiful girl cheered herself while looking at her reflection at the mirror.

 After an encouraging smile on for herself she went out of the bathroom just to be caught off guard by a hand harshly pulling her, the next thing she knew her back was leaning on the wall an arm was placed on her waist and a hand cupping her face while a pair of lips claimed hers.

The lips felt familiar, and after a few seconds of just nibbling the stranger pulled from the kiss, it was Hyun Seung! He just kissed her! And damn it felt good, Hyun A admitted.

A smirk was clearly on Hyun Seung’s lips, he’s face still dangerously close with the beautiful girl, “You tasted sweet like three years ago I must admit, and I wonder how many guys tasted those lips after you left me.” Hyun Seung uttered with such sarcasm.

Hearing this Hyun A felt a pinch on her heart, reality strike her with that insulting words he just uttered and without seconds thoughts she slapped the guy with such force. Tears were threatening to fall but she managed to hold it back, why should she show hurt in front of this guy? That would give him satisfaction right?

Hyun Seung was not taken aback after receiving a hard slap on his face, with a smirk still on his lips he caressed his sore cheek and let a not so amused chuckle, taking a step back he let Hyun A walked away from him just to stop a few meters away from him.

“It was nice seeing you again Hyun Seung but next time don’t kiss me and insult me after savoring my lips. And oh are you really interested how many kissed me after you? Trust me you don’t wanna know.”

Sounds of heels of shoes walking away from him lingered on his ears, caressing his lips once more he closed his eyes and unknowingly sat at the floor he whispered, “Damn you Kim Hyun A.”

---oOoOo---

Seeing the car at the parking lot, Hyun A tried her best to reach it as fast as she can, she even got her shoes with killer heels off from her feet so that she can run towards it. After closing the door and knowing that she’s finally alone, she let her tears fall on her cheeks freely.

‘How can he insult me like that when he’s clearly at fault three years ago.” Hyun A thought as she brought her legs closer to her chest and hugged it as her sobs continued.

Hyun A was smiling to herself while looking at the packed food placed on her arms, she woke up earlier that morning just to prepare the said food for her beloved boyfriend whom she haven’t seen for two weeks now.

Hyun Seung wasn’t living with her on their apartment unlike in the past because the company where Hyun Seung was training to become an idol provided a condo where he should stay together with his fellow trainee. Hyun A didn’t agree at first but what can she do? She knew very well that her beloved should follow whatever the company says.

After riding a cab for 20 minutes she was now standing in front of a building where the condo was, still grinning happily she went inside and took the elevator, it seemed forever for the ride for Hyun A for she really wants to see Hyun Seung, she missed him so bad.

She was about to knock on the door when she heard noises coming from inside the condo. “Hmmm? Was that a squeal? It sounded like a girl.” She thought as she knocked lightly at the door.

Hyun Seung told her that one time that girls are not allowed in their condo unit because the company doesn’t want them to be distracted, yes Hyun Seung’s fellow trainees are all boys.

To Hyun A’s surprise a girl opened the door; her eyes went wide after seeing how the girl dressed. “Is that what I think it is?” she thought.

“Yes?” the girl uttered while her brow slightly arched up.

“Is Hyun Seung in here?” Hyun A uttered, still she can’t take her gaze off the shirt, she’s clearly knew that its Hyun Seung’s shirt, because she’s the one who bought it for him.

“Oh? Yeah he’s here. Come in.” the girl replied after looking at Hyun A from head to toe, she then walked back to the others. “Seungie someone’s here for you.”

Hyun A heard some shuffle towards the door and a genuine smile crept on her lips when she saw the guy she loves whole heartedly.

“Jagiya!”

Hyun Seung seemed to be surprised but after seeing it was his girlfriend he ran towards her and scooped her into his arm. “Jagiya! Why didn’t you tell me that you’re going to visit? I miss you so much.”

“I miss you more.” She uttered while hugging him tightly. “I brought some food.” Untangling herself from the embrace she presented the packed food.

“You’re really the best.” He tangled their fingers and pulled her from the door and inside the condo.

Two guys and the girl who opened the door earlier was at the living room, it seems like they are playing a game of body twisters. The guys smiled after seeing Hyun A but the girl didn’t mind her. Hyun Seung pulled her towards the kitchen and excitedly opened what his girlfriend brought for him.

“I thought girls are not allowed here? What is that girl doing here? And why is she wearing your shirt? Don’t try to deny it for I know you shirt when I see one.” Hyun A bombarded with questions while her leaning on the counter and her arms crossed on her chest.

An amused smile tugged at Hyun Seung’s red lips while taking his gaze off the food and towards the girl who is the most beautiful girl on his eyes. “Are you perhaps jealous with Yuhee?”

“So Yuhee’s her name.. hmmmm.” The girl thought while pouting her lips making her look adorable.

“Oh come on Jagiya.” Hyun Seung uttered and slowly went to Hyun A’ side and wrapped his arms on her waist bringing her closer to him.

 “Yuhee’s just a fellow trainee in the company, we agreed to eat here in the condo earlier when are practice ended but since none of us know how to cook she presented herself since she doesn’t have anyone to eat with. She borrowed a shirt of mine for her shirt earlier was soaked with sweat.” Hyun Seung explained but when he didn’t got a response from the girl he placed some soft kisses on her cheeks making her giggle.

“You know I’ll never replace you right? For me you’re my world and without you I’ll be nothing, so don’t get jealous okay?”

Hyun A looked at her boyfriend and seeing how sincere he is she nodded her head and wrapping her arms on the guy’s waist too and buried her face on the slender and tempting neck of her boyfriend.

After a few minutes of cuddling, the couple finally prepared some food and brought it to the living room for the other people to eat. Hyun Seung was attending to Hyun A very well and that made her happy but a part of her is pissed off too because the girl named Yuhee sat beside Hyun Seung and Hyun A caught her rubbing her body to the oblivious guy, in an instinct Hyun A pulled Hyun Seung towards her and away from her.

“What’s wrong?” the gorgeous guy asked while chewing some kimchi.

Hyun A smiled as if nothing is wrong, “Nothing, I just missed you so much that I want you near me.”

Hyun Seung smiled widely and scoot closer to his girlfriend, Hyun A caught Yuhee snickered towards her, obviously pissed off and Hyun A smiled triumphantly.

After hours of just being together it came down to the time to bid goodbye with each other, Hyun A obviously doesn’t want to go home and be alone again but Hyun Seung convinced her it’s time for he doesn’t want her to go back late at night.

With heavy hearts Hyun Seung and Hyun A walked towards the entrance of the building and he hailed a cab for her.

“You take care of yourself okay? Don’t be so handsome when I’m not around because I know girls drool over you.” Hyun A was clinging to Hyun Seung’s arm and placing her head on the guy’s shoulder.

Hyun Seung answered with a chuckle and tried to look at the girl beside him, “Arasso. Don’t miss me so much okay? If you do you can always kiss my picture back at the apartment.”

Hyun A sighed, “Well what else can I do? Even though I want you beside me I know you need to do what you should do. Aigoo I miss caressing your chest.” With a mischievous grin she tried to place her hand inside her jagiya’s shirt.

“YA! We talked about that ritual of yours, you should stop that.” Hyun Seung uttered, after a few seconds his eyes went wide as he felt the girl’s wondering hand on her chest, even though he agreed that what Hyun A’s doing felt good he grabbed her hands away from his chest and heard the girl whine.

“Jang Hyun Seung!” Hyun A whined.

“Kim Hyun A!”

A battle of gazes then took place but at the end it was Hyun A ho gave up making Hyun Seung grin happily.

“Alright I’ll stop, but promise me you’ll let me once you went back in the apartment. Agreed?”

To her delight the guy nodded without hesitation making her glee.

“When are you coming home in my arms?” Hyun A asked, excitement was visible on her voice for she longs a lot to do her ritual.

“The day before thanksgiving day, I’ll be spending a night with you in the apartment then I’m planning to surprise the old fellows on the following day by coming home there with you on the day of thanksgiving.”

“Okay then! I’ll make sure I packed my belongings the night before we go so that we’ll leave earlier.” Hyun A smiled. After sharing a few lip locks and savoring the moment Hyun A finally settled inside the cab and waved sadly to her boyfriend as the cab went off.

---ooo---

It was already 7 in the evening and Hyun A was placing the last shirt on her traveling bag and a smile was plastered on her lips as she closed the bag after checking one more time if she had everything she needs. Tomorrow’s the day Hyun Seung and her are going to the Jang’s residence to surprise his parents on Chuseok or Thanksgiving Day.

Hyun A walked out of the bedroom when she heard her phone located at the spacious living room rang, thinking that it’s her beloved jagiya she excitedly looked at the device just to be disappointed when she heard the name that is flashing on the screen.

“Yoboseoyo?” She answered.

“Hyun A.”

“Ne Umma?”

It was her mom, her mom who’s based in the United States and the one who seldom calls for she was busy with the managing of the family business together with her father.

“I booked you a flight going here in the US, you’re plane is leaving tomorrow at exactly 11 in the evening. Your father and I figured that since its Thanksgiving Day in Korea we should get together too to celebrate it here.”

Hyun A looked at her phone again as if something is not right and placed it on her ear once again, “Am not coming, and since the flight you book is 11 in the evening that means when I landed there it’s no longer Chuseok so what’s the point?”

“Still, atleast we’ll get together even though the holiday will be over. Come on now darling it’s been a year since the last time your father and I saw you. I mailed unto your email the ticket, if you decided to come just print it out okay?” and with that call ended.

Hyun A let a deep sigh out after the call, she must admit that she’s not that attached to her parents and could live well without seeing them, but there are times too that she really misses them and how she longed for them to be at her side.

Hours passed and it was already 10:20 in the evening, Hyun A already ate and sent tons of messages to her supposed to be by her side now boyfriend but he didn’t even sent her a reply, she even tried to call him a few times but to her dismay she was always connected to his voicemail.

“Where the hell is he?” Hyun A uttered while looking at her phone for the nth time just to check if she missed a message or a call.

As night passed by Hyun A can’t help but to fell asleep at the sofa while waiting for her Hyun Seung.

Hyun A immediately woke from her sleep when she heard her phone rang and vibrated, her forehead formed a crease when she saw what time it was, it’s already 6:15 in the morning.

Slightly annoyed that Hyun Seung didn’t come home last night and just called her today she answered his call but didn’t bother to say something.

“Jagiya.” He first said the moment she answered.

“I know you’re mad right now and maybe treat me with silent mode but please here me out, I’m sorry. I’m deeply sorry or not coming home last night. It’s because the president dropped by yesterday and evaluated us, telling us to work harder for we will be debuting soon.” Hyun Seung explained and Hyun A could clearly imagine her boyfriend’s face painted with sadness together with a cute pout.

“We pulled an all out practice last night and the others planned to continue until tonight, I’m just in a break right now that’s why I was able to call you.”

After hearing what Hyun Seung uttered Hyun A’s heart filled with sadness in just a second for she knows that the succeeding words will dismay her, after a long and agonizing silence she said..

“So what are you saying?”

With a deep sigh at the other line Hyun Seung dropped the words she doesn’t want to hear, “I won’t be able to spend the occasion with you. I’m Sorry… but please go on with our plan and go home to my parents, they will be very happy if you’re going to spend the holiday with them, and also I don’t want you to be celebrating the holiday alone for I know you’ll be totally sad and lonely there in the apartment.”

Hyun A closed her eyes and opened again, she know that it’s not Hyun Seung’s fault not spending the holiday with her, what can he do if his fellow trainees decided to practice harder and skip the special holiday right?

With a defeated voice Hyun A slowly found her voice, “Okay I’ll just go along with our plan, don’t forget to eat and have some rest if you have breaks on your practice okay? I’ll visit you the day after the thanksgiving when I come back here in Seoul.’

She knew that Hyun Seung was smiling on the other line because his voice sounded slightly happy after hearing her voice, “Arasso jagiya, please kiss mom and dad for me, also Nara. Stay away from Geun Seuk okay? I don’t want him near you, am not comfortable with him close to you especially am not there to keep him away from you.”

Hyun A slightly smiled after hearing his remarks about his brother who pretended to be her boyfriend in the past. “Yes your highness, I’ll keep my distance with your brother.”

“Okay jagiya…… you know I love you with my all right?”

Hyun A nodded as if the guy on the other line could see, “I know okay? I love you too.. Stay safe and stay away from girls, I don’t want them close to my property.”

Sh heard him chuckle after hearing her words and after a few minutes of chatting they finally bid their goodbyes to each other.

With a defeated look and sagged shoulders she made her way towards the bathroom and fixed herself for she had a long travel to face.

---ooo---

Hyun A’s cheeks were hurting after long period of smiling to each guest the Jang couple introduced her with. She’s happy that she’s surrounded by people that loves her boyfriend a lot and is being introduced as the future Mrs. Jang Hyun Seung by Hyun Seung’s old fellow but she had to admit that she’s still quite lonely and sad knowing that her Jagiya’s not beside her.

When she finally caught a timing to excuse herself from the bunch of people, she immediately walked outside the house and towards the beautiful garden surrounded with light, with the glass of champagne on her hand she sat at the rubber seat placed at the center of the garden and looked at the stars shining brightly above.

“Feeling suffocated inside?” A voice uttered earning the girl’s attention and immediately smiled when she recognized who it was.

It was Jang Geun Seuk. Hyun Seung’s older brother and who she considers as one of her closest friends.

She answered him with a nod, “Even though I’m glad with the attention your parents and your relatives gives unto me I can’t help but think about Hyun Seung and how I wish he’s here.”

Geun Seuk smiled genuinely while eyeing Hyun A which the latter noticed and with a crease on her forehead she asked..

“What’s with the weird stare oppa?”

Geun Seuk just shook his head and sipped his bottle of bear before looking back at her.

“You looked like you’re really in love with our baby brother. Am glad she found someone like you.”

“Of vourse! He’s really lucky he have me.” Hyun A joked and let some chuckle out making Geun Seuk laughed with her.

“But listen Hyun A…” Geun Seuk remarked making Hyun A look at him with those beautiful eyes she possess and he can’t help himself but feel envious of his younger brother because Hyun A is really a one of a kind type of girl.

“If you really want to be with Hyun Seung right now then why are you torturing yourself to be here? You should know that your happiness comes first and if that’s beside my brother then go back to Seoul.”

Hyun A knew that Geun Seuk has a point but her shoulder’s sank when she remembered that its already late to catch the last trip of train going back to Seoul.

“Oppa, as much as I want to leave you guys and be with him I don’t have any means of transportation because its kinda late too.”

Geun Seuk smirked at her and with a swift move of his hand she wiggled something in front of Hyun A, “What do you mean you don’t have any transportation? I’m here and I can drive you back.”

Seeing what the older was holding, Hyun A immediately brightened up and hugged the guy tightly. “Oppa!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!” she screamed and went back inside the house to formally ask permission.

The Jang couple didn’t agree with the plan of Geun Seuk driving Hyun A back to Seoul because it’s really late that night but with persuasion here and there the old fellows finally said yes.

---ooo---

Hyun A and Geun Seuk were clearly exhausted with the long hours that they travelled, it was already 3 in the morning when they finally reached Seoul and they both agreed to stop by at Hyun A’s apartment to grab something new to wear. Geun Seuk decided to stay at the car and let Hyun A took some clothes for them before finally going at the condo where Hyun Seung was currently staying.

Pitch black welcomed Hyun A the moment she opened the door but she immediately smelled something that she knew wasn’t to be there. Smell of cigarette, soju and perfumes surrounded the room, she finally found the switch and clicked it to open the light.

“What the hell?!” Hyun A uttered with such distaste after seeing what happened to her clean apartment, bottles of soju was scattered on the floor, buds of cigarette here and there and some trash which Hyun A doesn’t want to know what they are were disseminated on the floor. She also saw a person who seemed to be lifeless lying on her comfy sofa, she went closer and assured herself that the person was just sleeping.

A lot of questions popped on her head but all she wants to know was to grab something to change her soiled and smelly clothes she had when she’s still in the party back at Jang’s Residence.

Hyun A tiptoed towards their room for she doesn’t want to step at the dirty things present at the floor, slowly Hyun A opened the door.

Her heart dropped at the floor when she saw what’s inside, even though it’s pretty dark, the light from the post light on the way gave some aid and there she saw two bodies on the bed, her and Hyun Seung’s bed. A body that clearly belongs to a woman was straddling a body that lies on the bed, moans and noise of sloppy kisses shared by the two engulfed the whole room.

“Hyun Seunggie..” the girl moaned when the body lying at the bed pulled the girl’s body closer unto him and did things that clearly should be done by two people who loves each other so much.

Hyun A thought her heart stopped beating and her body turned numb, for some unknown reason she can’t take her eyes off at the two persons who are doing something censored, tears were b on her eyes after hearing what the girl uttered and when she examined who it was, a gasp went out of the gorgeous girl’s throat.

“Yuhee.” She thought.

Not spearing another second at the room she immediately turned away and walked out of the bedroom, being blinded by b tears on her eyes she didn’t noticed a broken glass bottle and tripped on it, Hyun A knew that she hurt herself after falling at the broken bottle but didn’t mind it much because no pain and hurt could compare what she’s feeling inside her chest.

Geun Seuk was caught off guard when Hyun A suddenly opened the door and occupied the passenger seat. He thought that Hyun A was just tired but when he noticed the girl’s bleeding wrist and knee he knew something went wrong.

“Hyun A, you’re bleeding, what happened?” He asked, and that’s when he noticed that the girl was shaking so hard while crying, her face showed so much of grief which alarmed him.

“Please.. please bring me to the airport. I don’t want to be here anymore.” Hyun A uttered while sobbing, but when the guy tried to go out of the car she hurriedly stopped him and shook her head slowly. “Please oppa … just get me away from here.”

Hyun A dried the tears that are still flowing from her cheeks and tried to gather herself once again, she can’t deny the pain and the flood of memories that happened in the past that surged back in her system.

“How dare him insult me, I’m the one who should insulted him by betraying me at my back.” She whispered while hugging herself more.