Chapter 3

Back to Total Strangers

 

Hyun A went inside the practice room after gathering a lot of confidence, if she had to work with her ex boyfriend whom she loves until now she had to toughen up herself for she doesn’t want him to have the satisfaction of insulting her and knowing that she’s still head over heels in love him even though three years has passed.

Three guys including Hyun Seung were already doing their stretching, her ex boyfriend didn’t even spare her a glance and continued pretending she’s not there. It hurts even if Hyun A doesn’t want to acknowledge it, the confidence she gathered awhile ago seems like bubbles that slowly popped.

“He’s pretending that nothing happened? And as if I’m not here? Hmmp! Curse you Jang Hyun Seung!” Hyun A thought while settling herself in the corner and started stretching by spreading her legs in the floor.

“You look cute with that pout in your lips, don’t you know?” a husky voice emitted making the girl who was trapped in her world for a moment is brought back to reality.

A friendly smile was plastered on the guy’s lips that is currently standing and looking down at the girl who’s stretching alone in that corner. A crease formed on Hyun A’s smooth forehead after laying her gaze at the guy, and as if the guy knew what’s running in the girl’s mind he quickly sat at the floor too.

“You don’t know me but I do know you, to tell you honestly I’m a big fan of yours Ms. Hyun A.”

Hyun A smiled a little and nod for a reply.

“I’m Lee KiKwang by the way; I’m Hyun Seung’s co member in BEAST. Also I’m the current choreographer of your title tract TROUBLE MAKER.” The guy introduced himself and offered his hands for a handshake which Hyun A gladly took.

“Kim Hyun A, please take good care of me.” The girl smiled genuinely making KiKwang flash his eye smile which Hyun A thought as cute.

Unknown to them a pair of eyes that sends death glares towards them was silently eyeing them. After a few more stretching, KiKwang the choreographer gathered everyone and started to demonstrate the supposed to be steps for the song with a female backup dancer.

“Wasn’t it a too much daring dance steps for the song?” Hyun A can’t help but remark, scrunching her nose with an expression of distaste printed all over her face.

“Aren’t you comfortable with it? Well if you want I could personally teach you the steps so you won’t feel that awkward.” KiKwang said genuinely and was about to walk towards her when Hyun Seung swiftly grabbed Hyun A’s wrist and pulled her close to his body.

Hyun A gasped by the sudden action that her ex boyfriend did and her hand automatically went to his chest to let stop her from colliding unto Hyun Seung more than it should. Her heart beat frantically inside her chest as she felt her finger tips feel the familiarity she felt accustomed in the past.

“I’m her partner so I strongly disagree on your proposition, I suppose Hyun A and I should be the one to practice it together right? So we’ll feel comfortable in the presence of each other.

Kikwang on the other hand knew that his co member has a point, he nodded his head as if understanding what Hyun Seung uttered, “Yeah you’re right. I suppose so.”

Hyun A tried to distance herself from the guy’s warm body but failed when Hyun Seung didn’t let her and glared at her as if saying you’re dead if you try to distance yourself with me Kim Hyun A.

Hours passed by with sweats dripping on their bodies as they continued to practice, even though Hyun A’s clearly uncomfortable with the idea of her ex boyfriend be that close unto her she just tried to act professionally and focused on the dance steps. Every time Hyun Seung’s face is near to her she closes her eyes so that she won’t give in to temptation of reaching for him and claim those delicious lips.

“Can’t resist me Jagiya?” Hyun Seung whispered one time when he’s too near with her making Hyun A look at him without thinking that his face was too close and they might end up kissing with one wrong move.

In a second that Hyun A made the wrong decision by turning her face to her side where Hyun Seung’s face was dangerously close their lips met. Hyun A’s eyes went wide and immediately distanced her and for a moment she was petrified on her place.

Everybody saw what happened even though it just lasted for a few second and there jaw dropped as if can’t believe what they just witnessed. Hyun Seung just stood there for a minute and as if being pulled in reality again he looked around his colleagues and walked away exiting the door as if nothing happened.

Clearing his throat Kikwang recovered, “Ahm okay guys that’s all for today. Let’s resume tomorrow.”

People dispersed and left the room while murmuring some things that Hyun A does believe has something to do with her. She couldn’t let but sigh and unconsciously sat at the floor.

Kikwang who saw Hyun A’s state went towards her and tapped her on her shoulder, “You okay?”

Hyun A looked at the concerned guy and slowly nod her head, the guy then offered his hand to help her stand up which she gladly take.

“Thanks a lot Kikawangsshi.” The y girl smiled.

“Drop the formality, please do call me Kikwang.” Kikwang smiled too and lead her towards the door.

As the two were walking towards the room where there things were placed they run through Hyun Seung’s who’s back was facing them and didn’t know they were there.

“Where are you right now? Oh? You’re in the shopping district? Wait for m in the usual noodle house okay? I’ll be there in a minute.” Hyun Seung uttered with his phone on his ear, after ending the call he immediately reached for his locker and pulled his bag and was about to walk out of the door just to be surprised by the two persons standing near him.

“You going?” Kikwang uttered to his co member not sensing the tension that was building between the girl beside him and Hyun Seung.

The guy with perfect features nodded and smiled towards the choreographer, “Yeah, something came up and I really need to go because I can’t let the person I’m meeting wait for wait for a long time.” Hyun Seung smiled.

“Is it your girlfriend?” Kikwang innocently asked not knowing that Hyun A on his side had a sad face but hurriedly hide it.

Hyun Seung can’t help but glance at the girl beside his friend who at that moment was looking down and as if saw something that is very interesting on the floor. He didn’t dare to answer the question but just smiled as he lightly tapped the choreographer’s shoulder and went out.

“Hmmmmm... he didn’t even confirm who he’s meeting with, maybe it’s really his secret girlfriend.” Kikwang uttered while rubbing his chin.

After hearing what the guy uttered Hyun A secretly clutched her chest as if something stab her heart deep down there, “He moved on, I’m no longer the one who fully occupies his heart.” She whispered as tears brimmed on her eyes once again, “Why am I wasting my tears crying to someone who clearly doesn’t mind me anymore? You luck bastard. Why have I loved someone so deeply like you Jang Hyun Seung?”

Thinking that he heard Hyun A uttered something he looked at the girl whose head still down, “You okay?”

Hyun A managed to clear even though it hurts like hell because of controlling her emotions, “Ne... maybe am just tired.”

“Wanna eat before going home? My treat.” Kikwang cheerfully uttered, walking towards his locker and making his face Hyun A, she hurriedly wiped the tears that formed at the corner of her eyes. She doesn’t want anybody to see her weakness by crying.

Even though her heart is slowly breaking inside of her, Hyun A tried to master her most genuine smile and flash it at innocent Kikwang who doesn’t know how hard the battle she currently having inside of her.

“You sure that it’s your treat?” Hyun A cheerfully uttered and followed Kikwang, grabbing her duffle bag on the process. Kikwang nodded merrily and that made Hyun A smile a little more real.

“At least there’s someone who’ll help me forget for a while how tormented I am.” Hyun A thought as they walked towards the guy’s car.

---ooo---

Hyun A truly enjoyed her new found friend’s humour, she thought he’s like other guys who wants to take her out and make a move on her but he’s quite different, she makes her tummy ache and laugh as if there’s no tomorrow.

They are currently in a street of Seoul where restaurants and stalls for shopping we’re located, Hyun A actually acknowledged that she missed Seoul, it’s nice to walk freely without thinking that paparazzi may corner you anytime. Of course the two of them can’t let their guard down totally so they were careful to wear jackets and masks, also Hyun A added a cap which totally head her face from the hawk eye of fans and media men that may be wondering in that corner.

Kikwang and Hyun A was walking side by side and just savouring their little relaxation time after eating when Kikwang suddenly stopped and as if saw something very interesting.

“What’s wrong?” Hyun A asked after stopping a few steps from her new friend who is currently looking at the other side of the street.

“Is that Hyun Seung?” Kikwang asked and as if it helps he pointed it with his finger.

The beautiful girl felt her feet stoned at her current place and as if her eyes have its own mind they slowly looked towards where Kikwang was pointing.

There at the other side of the road was Hyun Seung was laughing out loud with a girl while walking hand in hand, it’s as if they were enjoying and having so much fun that they didn’t even bother to look what’s happening in their surroundings.

Gasps of air went out of Hyun A, it hurts... it hurts so much seeing the one you love walking and having fun with another girl.

“The girl’s pregnant?” Kikwang asked, his gaze too can’t be taken away from the couple.

If Hyun A can melt at that moment she wished she should, or if she’s a bubble she would let the air freely lead her somewhere far from there or popped her otherwise, she can’t handle the pain that suddenly surged on her, his lungs seemed to be constricting and gasping for air, her knees wobbled like jelly and her hands shook and she knew in any minute she’ll collapse.

She knew who the girl was, how can she forget that face? The person who one who Hyun Seung betrayed her with...

“Yuhee..” she whispered in a hoarse voice. “She’s pregnant, seems like 7 to 8 months.. is that Hyun Seung’s child?” Hyun A remembered those were the words that ran through her mind before darkness engulfed her system hearing a whispered voice of Kikwang calling her and running towards her.