The End

A Not-So-Perfect Wife

 

 

 

 

I opened my eyes as the alarm ringing loudly. I turned it off and stared blankly at the ceiling. Oh, I was at my cousin's house after the fight yesterday.

After taking a bath, I walked out from the room and heard my cousin's voice from the kitchen.

"Morning", I wished her with my husky voice due to a lot of crying last night. 
She turned to me and laughed a little.

"Look at mirror, dear. Your swollen eyes!" She joked while putting a plate of sandwich in front of me.

I laughed along with her when looking at the mirror.

While munching on our breakfast, we chatted happily since it was weekend. Hyemi is one of my closest cousins and she had just moved in the house a month ago.

"Have you checked your handphone?" She asked.

I shook my head blankly.

"Please check my dear. Don't you think Jong In is worried sick about you?"

I slapped lightly my forehead and searched for my handphone in my handbag.

"Hyemi, my battery went off. I totally forgot about it", I giggled at my stupidness.

"You and your forgetfulness are best friend till the end", she laughed.

"Do you think he will be worried about me?" I asked while connecting the charger to my handphone.

Hyemi replied, "Of course. He is your husband after all. He loves you a lot. You know that right?"

 

 

 


 

 



Jong In's POV

I looked at her last message for the nth time.


I am such a bad wife. I have tried, Jong In. Maybe, I am not good enough for you. I am sorry, Jong In. I am really sorry.
-Sweetheart-


I did not know what has gotten to me lately when I felt really mad at her even though, she did a little mistakes. My mum's call last night was still fresh in my mind.

I drove back after hanging out with Chen. My handphone rang and I ignored it at first. The second time it rang, I looked at the caller ID and it was my mum.

I pulled over the car at the side of the road. 

"Hello", her sweet melodious voice calmed my mind.

"Mum", I said with a smile.

"Jong In, have you eaten?"

"Yes Mum".

"How about my daughter-in-law? Have she arrived?"

I was shocked, "What do you mean Mum?"

My mum laughed, "Oh, she didn't say anything to you. She paid a visit to our house this afternoon, Jong In".

"Why Mum? Is everything okay?"

"Nothing. It is just that she wants to learn cooking your favorite food from me. She is just a sweet daughter".

My heart stopped beating. I felt guilty at that moment, and I could feel how hurt my wife would be right now.

"Really?" I tried to control my voice.

"She also wants to learn how to fold your shirts. She said that you are too fast at teaching her. She cannot catch up. Don't be too perfectionist, Jong In. She loves you whoever you are. You should do the same way".

My heart sank listening to Mum's words.

"Have you received the gift?" My Mum asked.

"What? A gift?"

"I passed the shopping bags to your wife. I bought some souvenirs last week when I follow your dad outstation".

It all made sense right now. I felt my heart squeezed tightly in my chest. After ending the call, I quickly drove to my house to ask for forgiveness from my wife. When I opened the door, the only thing that I could see was the darkness and the only thing that I could feel was the coldness. She was nowhere in my sight, she left me alone and to make it worst, it was my entire fault.

 

 



 

 

Your POV

I my handphone and flabbergasted looking at the screen.

25 missed calls
10 messages


 

I am sorry, sweetheart.
-Jong In-

I could not reach you. Where are you?
-Jong In-

Please switch on your phone, I really want to talk to you.
-Jong In-

Sweetheart, I remembered about the incident at Sora's house. I am sorry.
-Jong In-

Your battery went dead right?
-Jong In-

If you read this message. Please let me know that you are okay.
-Jong In-

Sweetheart?
-Jong In-

I hope you are okay. Sleep and rest well. Goodnight, sweetheart. I love you.
-Jong In-

If only I knew...
-Jong In-

I keep hurting you. I am sorry, I love you so much.
-Jong In-


 

I love you too Jong In.
 

 



 

 

 

"Where are you going?" I asked my cousin who has dressed up beautifully.

She turned to me while saying, "It is weekend. It is to enjoy yourself! Do you want to join?"

"No. It's okay. Be careful!" 

"Okay, you too. If you want to eat anything, just make yourself like your home and everything is in my fridge!" She said.

I looked at the television, switching the channels. I heard the door was knocked. I thought Hyemi forgot to bring something.

"So now who is the forgetful one?" I asked while swinging the door. I froze looking at the figure. There he was, the owner of my heart. There was dark shadow under his eyes. He sighed in relief looking at me.

He pulled me into his arms tightly, "Thank god, you are perfectly fine".

I shocked with the sudden hug and then he released the hug eventually.

"I am sorry", we both said in unison.

Jong In asked me whether he could enter the house. We made our way to the living room. We really need to talk. I sat on the comfy sofa, and patted the seat beside me, asking him to do the same way.

However, Jong In sat on the floor while gripping my hand in his.

"What are you doing, Jong In? Stand up!"

He stubbornly shook his head. He kissed the back of my hand. Jong In exhaled long and hard.

"Sweetheart, I am sorry for being a jerk", he started.

"You are not. Stop talking nonsense", I replied.

"I should accept your weaknesses like you accept mine. I am sorry".

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked him. My eyes started to water and tears threatening to fall at anytime.

"Why should I? I was mad at myself for not understanding you".

"You said that you cannot stand with me anymore. I am sorry, Jong In", I said desperately, tears stinging my eyes.

 

He shook his head in exasperation.


"Look at what have I done to you. Don't cry. Please don't cry", my husband mumbled while wiping my tears with his thumb. He kissed both of my wet eyes.


"I have to renew my promises to you", he said.

I looked up at him. "What?"


 

He outstretched his pinky finger and I linked mine to his.

He said, "I promise to not let you cry anymore".

"I promise to teach you how to fold slowly". I chuckled.

"I promise not to make you embarrassed anymore".

"I promise to eat everything that you cook".

I lifted my eyebrow, "Seriously?"

He nodded confidently.


 

I said to him while still linking our fingers, "I promise not to cry in front of you"

He cut me off, "How about crying behind my back?"

I smiled, "Okay, that is included too"

"I promise to learn how to fold your clothes, attentively".

He pinched my cheek.

"I promise to become your best chef, so that you can eat everything that I cook".

I kissed his forehead. He played with my fingers before asking, "Can you promise me one more thing?"

"Please don't run again, sweetheart", he said while looking straight to my eyes.

"Never ever do that again, okay?" 
He asked again.

He stood from the position and sat beside me. Then, he laid his head on my lap, complaining that he had not sleep at all last night. "I promise", I said with a huge grin plastered on my face, looking at my sweet husband who was now fall into a deep sleep on my lap without leaving my hand in his.

 

 

 

 

Do comment and subscribe! I love you guys!!!