In His Arms

What If

He’s bad for me.

“You’re late again,” he said as I came nearer. Although he tried to act mad, I knew he was far from being one.

He isn’t who I was supposed to be with.

“I’m so sorry. I woke up late,” I huffed as I stopped in front of him. He reached out and intertwined his fingers in mine.

This is wrong. Oh so wrong.

“Let’s go. The caterer’s probably mad at us by now,” he chuckled. He seemed so happy now.

But why can’t I stop?

“Ah. Here comes the newlyweds-to-be,” Chanyeol said as we entered his shop. “Do you have any more complains, Kyungsoo?”

Why can’t I just come out clean?

Kyungsoo laughed beside me, “I always have complains if it’s not my cooking.”

“Well the bride doesn’t seem to have any complains,” Chanyeol winked at me. I blushed. Chanyeol was always one of the few guys who make me blush by just a simple look.

“Yah! Let’s just get this over with,” Kyungsoo pulled at my hand and we started arranging the menu for the wedding.

The wedding, it’s really happening.

I looked over at Kyungsoo as he and Chanyeol discussed the food. We’ve been friends since we were kids. We grew up together and attended school together. We became a couple when we were in high school. It was already somewhat a fact that we were going to end up together.

But the feeling won’t go away.

It was the first time I saw him like this. He was always serious looking, his handsome face hiding behind his almost always serious look. But he was and will always be the sweetest guy I have ever met. The way he cares for me was incomparable.

We can’t go on like this.

He changed a lot since I said yes. He smiled more, laughed more. It was as if I was marrying a different guy.

But no matter how much I stop myself from going.

“Honey, you’re spacing out,” Kyungsoo said in my face. He chuckled, and I figured it was because of the heat creeping up my cheeks.

I can’t stop myself.

We walked hand in hand as he led me to our favorite restaurant. He knows me more than I know myself. And that’s what I love about him.

I didn’t need to hurry.

He had always filled up the space that my dad kept empty when he left. He had always been there for me. He was the person I considered more important than my real family.

Because I know he’ll be waiting.

“Are you sure you’d be okay? I can always stay over if you’re alone,” he said as we stopped in front of my apartment.

“You can’t. My bridal gown’s there and you can’t see it. I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said leaning up to give him a peck.

And no matter how many times I stop myself, I always go back to the one place that made me feel so alive and loved.

I opened the door to the apartment, immediately smelling his scent. His apartment always smelled like this. Of him.

“Baekhyun-ah,” I called out. I entered the bedroom to see him lying on the bed, in the same position that I left him this morning. My heart thumped in my chest as he looked at me like I was the only thing that mattered.

Inside his arms is where I want to be.

I approached the bed as he sat up and opened his arms for me. “Baby, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for the words to come out like that,” he cooed as the tears fell from my eyes. He held my face in his hands and looked at me with sadness in his eyes. Before I left, he asked me to choose between him and Kyungsoo.

 “I can’t... I can’t do this..,” I cried.

 

 

 

But what can I do?

 

 

“Let’s run away. Let’s go far away from here,” I said, leaning closer to him to close the gap between us.

 

Inside his arms... with him... forever.... is where I choose to be.

 

 

 

 


Ever since I saw them last Saturday, I just can't help imagining what it felt like to be loved by these boys. Tip on how to read it: The italicized lines are her/my/your thoughts so read them separately. :P Any suggestions for the next story?

tumblr_msuv7vbDIz1sgm1b4o1_500.jpg