three

The Elite Four - Charisma Dolls
XSYKOTICA
Chapter Three: Elemental Assessment - Part 1
An hour has passed since the first class has started and neither of the four had caused any troubles but Mrs Park still kept an eye on them no matter what. While she was talking to each student about their assessment, the quadruplets were focusing on their prank targets. They hadn't thought that they would be in the same class and Hazuki was thinking about how she should play with him since he was the one who made her mood go down the drain this morning.

Hazuki blinked when he turned his head as they locked their eyes. She smiled at him but her eyes had a different emotion. The boy rolled his eyes and Hazuki had to suppress the urge to lunge at him. Mrs Park had noticed that the four weren't listening so she clapped her hands loudly and got their attention.

"Now then, we shall begin the Elemental Assessment." She smiled as she glanced at Mizuki who was almost dozing off.

"Elemental Assessment?" Hazuki raised an eyebrow up and chuckled when she remember her last assessment she had in Magic College. "Are you sure you want to do that when we are here?"

"Of course." Mrs Park smirked. "Just because you are students from Magic College, that doesn't mean you are not going to be assessed."

Hazuki's eye twitched in annoyance. *We'll see about that.* She thought. She jolted when she felt electricity zap her arm. She looked back and saw Kazuki grinning. Hazuki rolled her eyes and faced the front again. 

"I know." She mumbled and focused her attention at Mrs Park. *Jerk.*

"I heard that." Kazuki poked her back and chuckled.

"So who would like to go first?" Mrs Park asked as she summoned a chair that hovered in mid air and sat on it. "Anyone? If you're going to go then I'll randomly choose you then."

"I'll go." Chen raised his hands up and stood up as he made his way to the large grassland, standing in front of the other students. "Can I choose who to go against?"

"Sure."

Chen smirked as he stared over at his classmates. The other students who didn't want to go against Chen avoided making any eye contact with him while his friends just chuckled at the reaction. The only one who had actually dared to look right into Chen's eyes was none other than Kazuma.

"You," He pointed at Kazuma who smirked. "You look pretty confident."

"Are you sure you should be choosing me?" Kazuma asked, as if provoking Chen. "Since no other students here wants to go against you, I'll gladly accept that challenge." He smirked as he got up.

Kazuma made his way over to the grassland and stood about 6 meters from Chen. "I'm Kwon Kazuma. You?" He asked as he playfully let his water element dance around him.

"My name is Kim Jongdae but I prefer to be called Chen. I'm one of the Elite Forces and is member of the student council. I'm 21 years old so you should call me hyung."

"I'll only call you hyung if I acknowledge you." Kazuma smirked as he rotated his neck. He turned to Mrs Park and just stared at her. "What do we have to do?"

Mrs Park smiled. *They seem to be listening but I can't trust them just yet.* Mrs Park didn't say anything and summoned two round platforms. The platforms had some ancient writing on the platform and above the platform, an arc screen was attached to the platforms. The arc screen and the magic platform itself served as the Elemental Assessment itself as students will one by one will release their elements and be assessed and will have their ranks determined. However this time, Mrs Park had only made them display three of the their elements.

Kazuma whistled as he went up the platform. "I haven't stood on one for such a long time." He smirked as he remembered the the platform was blown up into pieces.

"Do you think it'll last?" Kazuki asked as he poked Mizuki who had fallen asleep.

Mizuki woke up, rubbed her eyes and yawned. "Who knows," She shrugged. "This is Magic Academy not Magic College."

"You have a point there." Hazuki chuckled. "Did he say he's one of the Elite Forces?"

"Yep."

The three stood up and went to sit in front of the other students as they were curious about Chen's powers. They had heard of the Elite Forces but never met them and now that knowing Chen is one of the Elite Forces, they couldn't miss the chance to witness his powers. Mizuki, who was sleepy was now wide awake as she kept her eyes on him.

Mrs Park had instructed them to release their elements one by one. Kazuma didn't move a single muscle as he waited for Chen to display his elements first. Chen had seem to understand what Kazuma wanted so he started first. Although Chen is one of the Elite Forces, he really wanted to move his rank up for his other elements and had practiced crazily for his other elements and now for the assessment he has now, he had high expectations for himself to get an S rank for his elements.

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes. His mind went blank as Chen started with his weakess element; water. Water hadn't been his strong element but he practiced it with a fellow friend who is also one of the Elite Forces. The water that danced around Kazuma was long gone as he was completely focused on Chen.

Water slowly formed and danced around Chen as his expression was still calm and relaxed. As his water element bagan to form a big sphere, which got bigger and bigger, the platform lit up as the arc screen slowly glowed white. The water sphere was almost the size of two baseball stadium. He opened his eyes and smirked before flinging it up high in the sky and bringing it back down towards him. It bursted as the water splattered every. The studens were almost soaked wet if it wasn't for Mrs Park barrier that was set up when she summoned the magic platform. Kazuma wasn't wet at all, even though we he was hit with most of the water but he wasn't wet. He was still dry.

As the platform still lit up, the arc screen glowed even more brighter as Chen took six steps to the back and looked at the arc screen. He kept on playing with his hands as his eyes were fixed on the arc screen. The arc screen flashed and showed the the letter B. Chen groaned and titled his head back as he lifted his hand up and tousled his hair in frustration.

Mrs Park chuckled. "I guess your water element stays the same, Chen."

Chen lets out a big sigh and puffed out his cheeks. "I guess water really is my weak element." He shrugged and turned to Kazuma. "It's your turn." He frowned as he stared at Kazuma.

Ever since Chen had released that attack on himself, Kazuma's eyes had turned empty. Unknowingly, Chen shuddered, not liking what he was feeling from Kazuma. He looked at the students, to see if they had noticed it but to his surprise, they weren't affected. Frowning he looked at the other three who were either grinning or smirking.

*I see.* Chen closed his eyes. *He's only letting me feeling this. Let's see how strong he is.* He opened his eyes again and focused on Kazuma.

Five fairly large water spheres were already formed around him. His eyes were still empty and dull, almost like a living doll and Chen hated that look in his eyes as it reminded him of a few of his friends in the Elite Forces. *He's like a Sehun number 2.* He thought.

The five water spheres gradually got bigger before it slowly descended down near the edge of the platform as he formed another water sphere which landed right on top of the arc screen. As the six water spheres starts boiling and bubbling from the inside as spikes were slowly poking from the outside of the sphere, it adruptly exploded when Kazuma's eyes returned back to normal.

"Hot!" Chen hissed as he held his face. The water that exploded had hit Chen right in the face, burning him in the process.

"He held back." Hazuki commented as she raised an eyebrow and gazed at Kazuma. "That's a first."

The arc screen flashed before showing two 'A's, making Chen widen his eyes. Kazuma had gotten an AA for his water element but he had held back. He hadn't intend to let the others know that his water element is ranked S.

*Wait, did she say he held back?* Chen thought as he stole a glance at Hazuki. As if she had read his thoughts, she smirked at him.

"Is your face okay?" Kazuma asked as he turned to Chen. "I didn't mean to aim for your face." He grinned and as a matter of fact, Kazuma had aimed it Chen's face but didn't actually think it'll actually hit him. "I thought you'd dodge it."

"You aimed for me didn't you?"

Ignoring his comment, Kazuma just shrugged as he stared at the arc screen and grinned. *Score, finally I can make it be ranked AA.*

"It's your turn to start isn't it?"

Chen clicked his tongue, annoyed by Kazuma's attitude. *This kid is younger than me but his attitude is just like Kai!* Lightning crackled around him and in the sky. As the sky continued to rumble with lightning and thunder, Chen had focused more on lightning since it is his main element.

The stronger the lightning and thunder got, the more wrinkle crease he had on his forehead. With a shout, two lightning bolt stuck down at the platform. One had struck right in between Chen and the arc and the other one struck behind the arc. Steams of smoke were visible as sizzling sounds were heard from the ground.

Sparks of lightning were seen every now and then on the arc. Chen smirked in victory when the arc screen showed the two letters. His lightning element was ranked SS and he was proud to have it stay that way. Kazuma raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"Are you really that proud?"

"Are you going to copy me and use lightning?"

Kazuma chuckled and nonetheless, his eyes went back to being empty and dull, giving Chen that uncomfortable feeling again. Rather than delaying the process of displaying his lightning, he copied what Chen had did earlier. The arc screen had a fairly large crack which startled Chen a little.

Once the smoke cleared, Mrs Park, Chen and the remaining students stared at the arc screen in shock. Three of the quadruplets that were siting in the front clapped as Kazuki grinned.

*You did it! You finally improved that stupid lightning element of yours.* Kazuki smirked as he stared at Kazuma who rolled his eyes in response.

*Thanks. That was nice of you Kazuki.* Kazuma frowned but brightened up when he saw the letters SSS on the screen. "Finally," He grinned. "About time this stupid element went up a rank."

Chen blinked and widened his eyes. *His lightning element went up a rank? Not to mention the arc screen is cracked a little. Damn it.*

"Aww, don't be so shock about that rank for my lightning element." Kazuma smirked as he cracked his knuckles. "There are more surprises for you." He chuckled darkly as his eyes twinkled mischievously. "Chen-ssi, shall we continue?"

Clenching his fist, Chen put all his powers in his next and last element for the assessment today. He was going to use his fire element. It was his second strongest element but his element hasn't been ranked yet so he half expecting a good result but at the same time he's worried that Kazuma's fire element would be a higher rank than his and he didn't want that to happen.

Taking a deep breath and wasting no time, he made his fireball explode when it touched the platform. Chen smirked in victory once the arc screen showed the three letters of SSS. Kazuma whistled and clapped.

*He's definitely strong. He's exactly what that hyung had told me. I guess I can look forward to meeting the rest of the Elite Forces.*

"Am I worthy to be called hyung now?"

Kazuma smirked. "I'll think about it."

Rather than doing what Chen had did, all Kazuma did was to snap his fingers which made a unexpectable explosion behind him on the platform. The explosion had caught Mrs Park off gaurd as her chair was almost burnt if she hadn't moved away. A single letter S was shown on the arc screen and Kazuma sighs.

"Damn, still the same rank." He shrugged as he turned to Mrs Park and smirked. "Sorry, I didn't intend to make you move."

Mrs Park gripped on the arm chair as she gave a stern gaze but didn't say anything. She cleared and clapped her hands once. Three small half wing pin badges floated down in front of Kazuma, each a different colour with the rank imprinted on the wings. He reached out his hands and the badge landed on his palm. Each other the badges were light blue, dark blue and red with the ranks AA, SSS and S imprinted on the wings.

Saying nothing, Kazuma knew he had to wear these badges so he just pinned the badges on his black tie. He looked over to Chen and saw the two half wing badges staying the same colour and ranks as a new red one floated in front of Chen.

*So it was the first time he used his fire element. That's interesting.* Kazuma thought as he stared at Chen pinning his badge onto his tie. Jumping off the platform, he walked over to Chen who had a stiff expression. All the students were curious and worried about what Kazuma was about to do. Kazuki grinned as if he knew what Kazuma was planning to do.

"What?" Chen raised an eyebrow up and stared at Kazuma's hand.

"That was a great display of your elements there." He leaned forward and chuckled as he dropped his hand by his side. "I look forward in meeting the rest of your members, hyung."