Realize

By Your Side until the End.

"If everyone could remember, It was a huge success back in 2010 when Sandeul released his 1st full length album, Now everybody is anticipating for CNU's 1st album release, will it be another success for the B1A4 company? and will it be a greater success than Sandeul? we will soon find out this comming June.... blah blah blah"

After reading that post from a CNU fanblog that she is following in tumblr, she continued to scroll down.

'nothing interesting, nothing interesting.... and nothing interesting...' She just sighed out of boredom and just decided to open the window for msn where her highschool friend keeps on buzzing her.

"What?" she replied "There's gonna be a celebration for our classmates that got accepted in some universities this coming wednesday"

'and everyone will just brag, why should I attend this shiz?'  "I wont come to that celebration, sorry"

"but why?, come on! EVERYBODY is invited"

"I... have a lot of things to do, so... yea..." '... I'm busy waiting for my death.'

 "oh, okay, I will just tell our adviser that you can't come."

"Thank you!" you replied and logged out.

As soon as she saw that you're offline, your classmate made an e-mail . "Teacher Kim, I just informed Yumi earler, but she said she have a lot of things to do, that's why she can't come to our celebration" and finally sent ot to your section adviser.

========================================

Inside the recording studio, Jinyoung is discussing some things with CNU for his 1st full length album.

"Baro will be featured in this album and Sandeul, as for collaborating with other artists from different companies, I'll let you choose, so how was your recording going on?"

"Well, later, I'll be recording my 6th solo song-Finally! and as soon as I'm done with it, I'll be calling Baro in so we could start composing our raps, then we'll proceed on recording and as soon as we're done, Its Sandeul's turn."

"And how about collaborating with other artists? Do you not want to collaborate with other female idols?"

"Hah! ofcourse I do want! but how about the songs?" 

"there wll be 11 songs in this album, and 1 instrumental, 6 songs will be your solo and the other 5 will be with collaboration with other artists, 1 song with Baro, 1 song with Sandeul and 3 more with other idols, 3 composers particpated in this album, plus me, so just name an idol and I'll do the composing, unless you want to participate."

"I'm thinking of doing the rap and let the female do the singing."

"so, any idols in mind?"

"you said three right?" Jinyoung was sipping his coffee while resting his back on the chair, while Shinwoo was tapping his fingers against the table, thinking of 3 wonderful female idols to do a collab with. "How about... with F(x) krystal?" Jinyoung placed his cup of coffee on the table, while Shinwoo just stared at him. "..and 4minute's Sohyun?" 

"M-mwo?" Jinyoung stood up and gathered the music sheets. "We all know you have a thing with Girl group Maknaes, I just wonder why they never crossed your mind? or you we're just acting as if they dont?" Jinyoung just smirked.

"YA! Jung Jinyoung!" Shinwoo yelled at his dongsaeng because of what he just said. "Just, send me an sms of your decision then I will start composing the songs asap, and oh! we will have a shooting for your MV this wednesday, I'll go ahead hyung, annyeong!" and jinyoung finally left the room.

"Aish... that jinyoung..." 

========================================

The next day, While laying on her bed, doing nothing, Yumi's hand phone rung. She stretched her hand and reached out for it on the side table. "Yes mom?"

"uh, Yumi?" an unfamiliar voice answered on the other line that surprised yumi, since the only person that bothers to give her a call is her mom and sometimes her dad. "oh! I'm sorry, you're not my mom, who... who is this please?" the woman on the other line just laughed. "This is Mrs. Kim, your section adviser"

"Woah! omo! Seongsaengnim! I'm so sorry, I- I actually wasn't expecting a call from other people... just from my parents..."

"oh, is that so? well, by the way, I called you to invite you for our celebration-"

"but seongsaengnim..."

"I know you told yura that you won't be able to come, but I also know that you are lying... Yumi, don'y worry, it's just gonna be you, me and your classmates, so please attend this celebration."

"well, uhm.... I'll try...." 

"Good! See you on wednesday yumi! Bye..." and the call ended, Yumi got up only to throw herself against the bed. "wae seongsaengnim?! why do I feel like I am being forced to attend?" she can't answer her own question and just sighed.

=========================================

Wednesday:

It's still 6:30am and the staffs involved for CNU's MV shooting are all busy preparing the things needed, the costumes, make-ups, props and etc. by 7am, CNU arrived at the set, stylists and make-up artists started to do their job and when done, CNU was called out to start filming.

8am the same day, Yumi arrived at the venue, although she was able to cheer herself up and say that everything will be alright, all the positive thoughts were washed away as one by one, the achiever's arrived and started to brag about their future plans and 4 years after. Yumi just sat at one of the tables where no one even dared to join her, well except one that's a bit close to her. 

"Yumi...?" she tapped her on her shoulder and when Yumi turned the girl have this genuine happiness written all over her face. "oh, HyunJi..." yumi acknowledged her. "can I join you here?" she asked and Yumi gestured for her to take a sit. "You lazy girl, I never thought you will actually attend." Yumi just smiled at her. "ah, did someone forced you to go here?" Yumi just looked at her puzzled with what she said. "You were just playing with your food, I know you... you're not feeling good, intimidated I suppose?."

Bestfriend, Friend, Yumi doesn't have one, well she had a bestfriend but due to a very hilarious reason w/c she actually thought never existed but actually does: her bestfriend seem to have broken up with her, dumped her just because she found another bestfriend. "You add friends on your list but never replace one, this is a huge in joke! you idiot!" that's all Yumi could tell herself to cheer herself up after their... break-up.

She was able to survive 4 years of never having friends around, never having someone to rely on- her parents were away since she graduated from gradeschool so she kinda have this motto: "I ONLY HAVE ME." -but there's Lee HyunJi who, if not only a girl who is in a relationship with her current fiance since their gradeschool days might be mistaken to be inlove with Yumi at first sight. She was befriendng Yumi since the first day of school but, Yumi only see's her as an annoying classmate, up to now but it seems like she will never give up. She's the only one who treats Yumi well, lends her notes when she missed a class even if Yumi never even asked her. She know's yumi well in terms of moods and gestures after 4 years of observing her.

"yea." Yumi admitted, HyunJi just held her hand. "Why didn't you took the exam with us?" 

"I was not confident enough."

"But you're one of the top 20 who made it during our drill, you're smart..."

"Still not confident enough."

"...I doubt it!" HyunJi tapped Yumi's hand. "I have this feeling that there's something that you're not telling me, what is it?" 

"None..." HyunJi just smiled at Yumi, lke telling to herself: 'Yeah, as always, you never told me anything about yourself.'

You were not aware of it, but the event had come to an end and one by one, they are leaving the hall.

As if revealing the name of the Prestigious University they got in and their very ambitious future plans by speaking in a loud voice that using a microphone is useless, isn't enough. -Knowing that Yumi is the only one who was not able to go to a University, one by one they approached her, to brag right in her face. 

"Oh! Yumi! you're actually here~"

"Yeah, I am."

"'Know what? I'm thinking of taking up PolSci and maybe proceed in Law and be a Politician..., You too, you were good in debate, you have a potential to be a good lawyer, but too sad you were not able to pass the exam."

Yumi was just surprised of the words WAS NOT ABLE TO PASS THE EXAM when she actually didn't even take it.

"What? Wait, Know what? we didn't even asked you about your plans for your life, and fyi, your sources regarding Yumi failing the exam is so not reliable as she actually did'nt take it." HyunJi spoke on behalf of Yumi- even if Yumi never even asked her to do so.

"But they said-"

"Not even verifying if it's a fact or a bluff, then easily judging a person... what is justice?"

"wha-"

"I suggest you go back in gradeschool to learn what is justice, veracity, infidelity and such, thenn you might have a potential to be a good leader of this country!" HyunJi insulted the girl further while she grabbed her things and you on your forearm. "let's go?" she asked you wih a smile. Both walked away leaving the girl speechless and the rest who was able to witness it, and just before they got out of the door. "I was just kidding about being a good leader, I doubt it if you can even actually be a good law student..." She insulted her further...

Finally, Yumi and HyunJi was now too far away from the venue, HyunJi sat on one of the bench and gestured Yumi to do the same. "Let's rest for a while." She smiled. and Yumi as the quiet girl she is, just smiled back in response. 'For a while there you were really cool'. Yumi thought.

"I hate her ever since! she's such an arrogant B*tch right?" HyunJi chuckled, there was a moment of silence. "Gomawo..." HyunJi was a bit of surprised that she replied "You're welcome" while giggling.

"So, how about you? everyone inside the hall was shouting their plan, how about you?" It's a first that Yumi asked an open ended question to HyunJi. "Hmm, let's see, I want to... there's still no specific course that I want to take for preparatory but I'm thinking of then proceeding to Medicine ." 

"That sound so cool."

"You think so?"

"neh."

"Thanks"

"SInce when did you planned it?"

"Hmm, since I became aware of the people who can't afford to seek medical assistance."

"That sounds deep."

"Yea, I'm planning to join Medical Missions..."

"What inspires you?"

"I think My drive are those poor people..."

"Drive..."

"Yeah, something that makes you wan't to do, to achieve something."

"ah..." Yumi seems to have a lot of things in mind when HyunJi told her about her Drive and her plans. A long moment of silence between these two is nothing new at all, Finally, the silence was broken when HyunJi's phone rung, a call from her fiance to meet him in a restaurant.

"Let's go now?" HyunJi asked Yumi. "I'll stay here for a while."

"But it looks like it's about to rain anytime soon."

"I won't stay that long. i will then leave."

"Alright then, guess, I'll see you around?"

"Neh."

"Be safe!"

"You too! and Good Luck for your future plans!"

"...thanks" A short conversation and a good luck from Yumi, that made her feel as if Yumi finally accepted her friendship. Hyunji already left and Yumi was left alone.

"Drive..." She keeps on repeating the same words again and again while looking up to the swaying branches of the tree that served as a shed.

"I think I had that before, I had a drive and a goal once..." A raindrop landed on her cheek, suggesting that it's finally gonna rain. Yumi grabbed her things and left. The rain is slowly pouring hard, making Yumi find a place to stay for a while until the rain stops.

========================================================

Mianhe~ for a very long time, I had lost my drive to finish this fic. OTL