o13 ~ Special Language

♡ єχσgℓσвαℓ12 Admin Search One Shot Writing Contest! ♡

Special Language ~ 


"Silence." Their math teacher, Mr. Yoo tried to tell the students to be quiet but, they continued talking. Kim Eunbyul just looked around the room and shook her head. "SILENCE!" Everyone immediately stopped talking and turned their attention to Mr. Yoo, who was staring at all of them. "Thank you. Get back to your seats and we will start our lesson immediately. There is no 10 minutes of free time today." Usually, in the beginning of their math class, they would always get 10 minutes of free time but, when you get Mr. Yoo mad, there isn't 10 minutes of free time and you don't want to argue with them.

"Aish! I was excited to sleep for 10 minutes. I hate our classmates." Eunbyul's best friend, Kim JinHee

"You can tell that to them." Eunbyul said, chuckling quietly.

JinHee gasped, "You want me to die?!"

"Whoever is talking should be quiet." Mr. Yoo had very sharp ears. He wasn't even looking at the students but, he could hear.

"Man, Mr. Yoo is really scary when he's angry." JinHee stopped talking and waited til Mr. Yoo was done writing something on the chalk board before copying it.

"Eunbyul, you will solve this problem when you're done." Mr. Yoo sat down at his desk and started to do some paperwork while everyone else started to work on the questions. Some people were just doodling in their notebook waiting for Eunbyul to go up to the board and give them the answer. It wasn't  a really hard math question so Eunbyul got up to the chalk board and solved the problem.

"Mr. Yoo, I'm done." When Eunbyul saw Mr. Yoo nod, she walked back to her seat and saw her classmates copying her work. *They'll never learn anything.* She went back to her seat and saw Mr. Yoo looking at her work.

"Very good Eunbyul, you'll do very good on our test tomorrow." People gasped. When Mr. Yoo is mad, you don't know what he's going to do.

"But -"

"No buts." Mr. Yoo interrupted a student and picked up a chalk, ready to put up another problem when the classroom phone rang. He put the chalk down and went to pick up the phone. "Mr. Yoo." Everyone was  curious on what was happening so they were staring at Mr. Yoo. Once he hung up the phone, he said, "Eunbyul, go to the office and bring our new student. That's from China and knows little Korean." Eunbyul nodded and walked out of the room, heading towards the office with a pass.

"Eunbyul!" Everyone knew Eunbyul and everyone loved her.

"Hi Mrs. Kim, how's Cody?" Mrs. Kim was a staff that worked in the office and Cody was her son.

"Cody is doing very well. He misses you already and wants to visit you." Eunbyul chuckled.

"I'll visit you guys again this weekend!"

"Stay for dinner too! He's the new student. His name is Zhang YiXing and coincidentally, his schedule is exactly the same as yours. So, you'll be helping him out." Mrs. Kim said to Eunbyul.

"Thanks Mrs. Kim. I'll see you!!" Eunbyul walked to the new student and signaled him to follow her. YiXing walked behind Eunbyul and followed her. After a few minutes, they were in front of their math class and Eunbyul let YiXing go in first, but, he signaled Eunbyul to go in first. Eunbyul smiled. *Gentleman.* She nodded, as a thank you and YiXing smiled back at her. She put the pass away and sat down on her seat while she started to copy down the problems on the board and solve them. She didn't bother to listen to what Mr. Yoo had to say about YiXing because she already knew and she ignored the girls in her class squealing. *Even though he's a gentleman, he'll be one of the kingkas soon.*

"He's so cute!!" JinHee said to Eunbyul.

"I know. He has the same schedule as me so I'll have to be helping him get to class, I won't be able to walk you to class, sorry." Eunbyul said apologetically to her best friend.

JinHee giggled and said, "Don't worry. Maybe you guys will be able to have some chemistry together~" Eunbyul rolled her eyes knowing where her best friend was going.

"Impossible."

- - -

YiXing gave Eunbyul a confused look when they walked a long way to their dance class. Eunbyul stopped walking and did a simple dance. *Ah, dance class. She's good though.* YiXing nodded and Eunbyul started to walk again. He was also excited to see Eunbyul dance. She did a simple dance and she was good so, he was excited to see how good she was dancing a full song. When Eunbyul stopped walking, YiXing knew they were in front of the dance class. She opened the door for YiXing and signaled him to go in first. But, being a gentleman YiXing always was, he signaled Eunbyul to walk in first. *How am I going to tell him that I'm not going to dance class today?* Eunbyul just shook her head and YiXing nodded his head. *So, she's not going to this class. I thought she was going to have the same schedule as me since she had all the other classes with me.* YiXing walked into the dance class and waved goodbye to Eunbyul. He also bowed, saying thank you and Eunbyul smiled at him and left.

- - -

"Eunbyul, want to come over today?" JinHee asked Eunbyul.

"I would love to but, I want to stay to dance. I missed dance class today because I had to help Ms. Shin." Ms. Shin was her guitar teacher and during her dance class, she promised Ms. Shin to help her organize her guitars and get her fixed guitar too.

"Dance machine. Have fun and don't hurt yourself, okay? You want me to bring your guitar home for you?" Eunbyul has pain in her waist and sometimes when she dances too much, her pain comes back.

"It's okay! I could practice my guitar after I'm tired from dancing. See you on Saturday." Eunbyul gave Mrs. Kim a goodbye hug to Mrs. Kim and left to go to the dance room. When she was somewhere near the dance room, she heard music coming out of it. *Hmm, who else stays after school?* Usually, when she goes to the dance room after school, no one is there. She walked up to the room and put her hand on the door knob then opened the door, to find the new student, YiXing freestyling to a guitar beat. She quietly walked into the room and sat down, watching YiXing dance. *He's really good. His dance moves are sharp.* Eunbyul found herself smiling while watching YiXing dance and when the guitar beat ended, YiXing turned around and saw Eunbyul. Once after a few seconds when he had a surprised reaction. Eunbyul laughed at his late reaction. *Cute.* YiXing pointed at the speakers and did a simple dance move then titled his head at Eunbyul. He was asking Eunbyul if she wanted to dance and Eunbyul got the idea so she nodded. When YiXing saw that Eunbyul had a guitar, he stopped Eunbyul from plugging her iPod into the speakers and pointed at her guitar.

"You know how to play?" Eunbyul forgot that YiXing didn't understand Korean and facepalmed herself. She shook her head, saying 'never mind' and YiXing took out Eunbyul's guitar from her guitar case and started to play. Eunbyul's eyes rounded. *He dances and plays the guitar .. Just like me.* Eunbyul started to nod along to the beat and when she got a hang of the beat, she started t0 freestyle and YiXing smiled while he continued to play the guitar. *Her dances moves are both smooth and sharp. She probably danced for a long time.* YiXing started to randomly sing in Chinese and Eunbyul smiled. His voice was soothing and nice. After about 4 minutes, YiXing and Eunbyul stopped at the same time. Eunbyul gave two thumbs up at YiXing and YiXing did the same thing. She wiped her sweat and signaled YiXing to dance. YiXing gave Eunbyul a expression that said, 'why?' and Eunbyul pointed at the guitar then at herself. YiXing made a 'o' shape with his mouth and waited for Eunbyul to start playing. She started to play and made a mistake. YiXing looked at Eunbyul and she stuck her tongue out and titled her head down a little bit, saying sorry. *Ke ai.* YiXing smiled and Eunbyul started to play the guitar. Just like Eunbyul, when YiXing got the beat, he started to dance. And just like YiXing, Eunbyul started to sing in Korean. *Her voice is beautiful.*

Kim Eunbyul was Korean while Zhang YiXing was Chinese. Eunbyul didn't speak Chinese and YiXing didn't speak Korean but, that didn't mean they couldn't communicate. They were communicating perfectly. Through the special language, called music.


Name: Jessica

Country: America

Age: 14

Title of one-shot: Special Language