A Friend's Advice

Will 'We' Ever Gonna Be 'Us'?

“Drinking in a broad day light my friend? That doesn’t seems like you” Kris said when he saw me pouring some whisky that I took from a secret bar cabinet in my office. It was half an hour after our meeting with Kia Motors. Half an hour after I saw her again..

 

She’s so beautiful, always beautiful, I’m not sure if its just my eyes, or she’s getting more and more beautiful, and is it even possible? What I know, she made me feel, unusual, hence I need something unusual to clear my mind, and whisky it is.

 

“Want some?” I offered him before I take a whole gulps in letting my throat burned from its bitter and sharp sensation floating into me.

 

“I’ll pass”

 

“They’ve gone?” Kris went to deliver Mr. Lee and.. Ms. Jung to their car earlier, I went back to my office to drink, I need the drink. Usually I’ll treat myself a chocolate bar, but this time, I need alcohol.

 

“Yep, they look forward to work with us” he said, I nod

 

“What’s wrong Am? You look troubled, do you want to have another consideration about this deal? I can understand if you wanted it, since its your invention we’ll bargaining with”

 

“No, no its okay, I’m just..” To be honest, I somehow managed myself to have a sleeping disorder for the past few months, an insomnia which the doctor said, caused by stress “Tired, I guess” what if I told the doctor that I actually has it ever since I agree to start a cooperation with the company she’s in, due to the thoughts and possibilities that I might see her again, which I just did.

 

“Still having that trouble sleeping of yours? Why Am? Nervous you’ll finally needs to tie the knot with your fiancé soon? Its almost a year since your engagement party”

 

Just a few hours meeting her, and I almost forgot that I have Ally..

 

What would happen when we will start working together?

 

“How is she, by the way? Isn’t she in her world tour now? Where is she?”

 

“She’s fine, she’s great actually, doing exactly what she wanted, in her fourth world tour and starting it in Tokyo currently”

 

“Wow.. Can’t believe she’s really doing it now.. Remember how she would endlessly sang whenever and wherever she is? I swear, if she didn’t turns out to be a big star like today, I’ll personally be her manager slash producer, just to make her wished she’d stop singing”

 

Me, Ally and Kris, had been friends since high school. It could be said that I know Ally as much as Kris knows her or a little less than him, because Kris went to the same grade school with her. Never been classmate during their grade years, but he said her addiction to singing were noticeable enough even from their grade school years.

 

If anyone would asked me how did I start to fell in love with Ally, or Amy Lee, or her more well known name, Ailee, its honestly because how she loves to sing. She really loves singing, her eyes would sparkled, her face would beamed, and she’s practically glowed whenever she sang. I heard her singing for the first time when I was looking for my morning class. We were in our freshman year in highschool, and I just wanted to started the day early, foolishly hoped that it would end earlier too. But I guess not everyone thought the same, because when I arrived at school, I could only met the janitor who greeted me good morning and some teachers that had early morning duty. And when I reached my class, there she was, singing her heart out.

 

I would say that it was the most breath taking moment I ever had in my life for the very first time. That was also the first time we know each other, and through her I know Kris. The three of us became inseparable, and by the fact we end up being classmates made us more like a three headed joint twins. Knowing her by myself and through Kris, there’s no way I couldn’t possibly not fell in love with a cheerful, witty, smart, and funny girl like her. She was my first love. The first person that could make my heart fluttered. And when I confessed, and she said yes, I made a promised to myself, that I’m going to make her my last..

 

“You know it would never happened Kris, she just love singing more than anything”

 

“Yeah I know.. She’s.. Really like that”

 

“I’ll probably go to shanghai to watch her concert, want to come along?”

 

“And being the witness of you two being all mushy and stuff? Nah I’ll pass, I’ll rather squeeze my head to allure one thing that I know, loves me, and I love it too” he fix his hair smugly and I know exactly what he meant

 

“You really should start thinking about looking for someone bro, a human, please, a girl, for yourself.. Or a guy?”

 

If there’s some things I couldn’t understand about this good friend of mine, is, he only has his mind on work and our company profit chart. I never seen him with anyone, I did heard him dating numerous girls when he went to college in Harvard, but it was nothing but a fling he said. A little bit strange knowing him as an eligible bachelor with his physical and personal traits, family backgrounds and of course, outstanding future.

 

“Woa, hold your feet my friend, I am being selective here, it doesn’t mean that I swing that way”

 

“I was just saying man.. You know what? Come with me to meet her, because, maybe me and Ally could introduce you to some, girls and..”

 

“No!”

 

And the fact that he always refused to be helped, not that he needed it actually.

 

“I mean.. Pfft! Dude, you know I can get whoever I want without you guys got to help me, seriously man, you’re starting to be like my folks, I’ll be fine, beside who knows, knowing how things going out with your fiancé’s shining career, I might end up marrying someone first and leave you celebrating your thirty three birthday alone, because I might be busy creating little monster who’ll call you ‘uncle’ Amber at that time”

 

“Fine with me, I’ll be with Ally”

 

And that his eyes always twitching whenever I mentioned about me and Ally, or is it just my eyes? He probably just jealous because we have each other since forever, me and Ally, and he’s currently and still single and uncommitted to anyone we’ve known since forever as well.

 

“Yeah.. You do have Ally.. You know, maybe you’re right, maybe I need to find someone”

 

“That’s a relieve”

 

“Okay then, I think I got to go now, this company isn’t running by itself, it needs us, me and my wonderful business mind and you and your technician geek mind, and since we are already agreed with Kia Motors to work together, better starts making some planning’s on how we’ll make this cooperation worked long, lasted and my favorite part, profitable”

 

And suddenly my mind went to her again..

 

How the hell am I going to work together with you and act all normal like nothing happens Krys? How?

 

“Hey Am, thanks for considering my advice on taking a chance on this project, I know your inventions meant a lot for you, if we ever failed, I’ll be forever indebted with you.. So let’s focus on this okay? Don’t let anything, or.. Anyone, bothers your mind”

 

I wish bro, and I’ll try..