A Destined Meeting

Will 'We' Ever Gonna Be 'Us'?

Have you ever been in love with two persons at the same time, that you couldn’t chose which one you loved the most, but you did eventually and you’ve tried your very best to stick with that one person you’ve chosen but still it feels like you were living with only the half of you?

 

You don’t know why, or maybe you do know why, but you don’t know how to fix the situation and you chose to stay anyway, hoping that by the end of the day, all of those doubts, all of that unsure feelings inside of you, would go, and you could live your life with the one you’ve chose, happily, ever after?

 

My name is Amber J. Liu, and I’m stuck in that kind of situation..

 

It all started when I was elected to follow an international program my university had offered to their student years ago. The program allowed their student to spent two years maximum of our last academic years to be schooled overseas in various countries according to their course. I got myself in Korea. There, I met her..

 

It was like a new addiction, a new kind of emotion, a new kind of feelings that caught me off guarded..

 

We never started anything, even though I know, and probably she did know too, that I know, both of us wanted it. Nothing ever happened, and I’ve never had any contact with her ever since I came back to my home town L.A. Even my cousin, her best friend said they had lost contact after both of them graduated. Its like she was just gone..

 

Maybe that was the best for both of us, especially me who still secretly held something I shouldn’t to someone else remembering my new status now, as someone’s fiancé..

 

I’ve tried my best to live my life as if what happened in Korea, my encountered with her, what I felt for her, never happened. I started my career, little by little I started to make plans for my life, what I wanted to aimed, what I wanted to do, what I wanted to have, and that’s when the idea of making a company that specialized ourselves with automotive technology came up. I started with few employees that I would like to consider as friends who shares the same dream, the same passions since the very beginning, but everything in this world needs money, especially in what we’re trying to do, from the very started of the project, and that’s where I’m lacking.

 

I was about to give up in my third year of starting the business when my high school best friend came to me and offered me some help. We shared the same dream and the same passions too. Ten years after I started the business and seven after he came to the rescue, we finally could be proud of ourselves, because our efforts paid.

 

During that time, I was so sure that I’ve forgot everything about her. Only my cousin knows about what happened with me and her and even she never mentioned her anymore. Feeling sure and secure, I asked my high school sweetheart, the one once I promised that I wanted to spend my whole life with to be my fiancée, and she said yes. Juggling between our schedules, especially hers who has established a career as a famous professional recording album singer, just like she always dreamed of, we held a private engagement party in her family house, and it was a happy party..

 

I thought everything was according to plans, everything was under control, everything was perfect. I never thought about her anymore and I never let myself to fell under my own desires to find out about anything related to her. I thought I held on myself well..

 

That was until I saw her picture in a company profile that offered us a cooperation..

 

And that was when all the old emotions, runs in..

 

“Ah you’re reading Kia’s file? They gave us good offer aren’t they?” my high school best friend, and business partner Kris said one day

 

“I.. Haven’t read the details, only the profile, they seems.. Promising” tried to act as normal as I could, for him not to noticed that it wasn’t the offer that I’ve been reading.

 

“They wanted to cooperate with us, they wanted to use our technology and also offering us share ownership when they are ready to set their claws in North American car business, also the whole continent if it all went well according to their business plans, that’s for the summaries”

 

“And that’s all? Which technology they wanted to use?”

 

“Basically all that we have already published?”

 

“All.. And they are really sure that they’ll win against their competitors who already set a more solid grip in this business here in America? What if they failed?”

 

“They offered us to merged them”

 

“I’m not interested to take care of a sick company”

 

“And they are determined to overruled their seniors in this business, I got to say their VP is kind of crazy because she came up with the idea herself”

 

“VP?”

 

“Yeah, Jung, Krystal Jung” I thought I’ve lost it, I thought my heart won’t react much when I heard her name being said..

 

“Y..You’ve talked to her?”

 

“I did when I went to Japan few months ago to the business trip you couldn’t came due to your engagement party, their company were there too, she’s the representative, and I got to say, she’s a pro..”

 

“How is she? I mean..” I guess I was wrong “How did you know she’s a pro?”

 

“Believe me Am, this girl know what she wants, maybe we should really consider their offer, risky yes, but I’ve did some research about her, she handled a lot of risky deals and none of them ever failed, that’s why their company profits and value are sky rocketing for the past few years, and I’ve made my own analysis too about their offer, that even if they failed, we won’t lose much, we could always sell them or make it as our own car company and doing it our way, right? Your technology and my money won’t be wasted if that’s what you are worrying about”

 

It was not what I’m worried about..

 

Its my feeling towards her, that worries me a lot..

 

Because if only through her picture, my heart beats way too fast, only by hearing her name being said, took my breath away, what if we actually met?

 

And to answer those, will happened today..

 

“Nice to finally meet the both of you Mr. Lee..” There I saw her..

 

“Ms. Jung..”

 

It was a destined meeting, but our destiny..

 

With her eyes fixed in my engagement ring and my mind recalled the promised I’ve made to my fiancé when I exchanged rings with her..

 

It seems far from possible that it would meet..

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

First Chapter is up,the next update might not be as fast as before,but i'll definitely try to update more,depends on the ideas and the time,thank you for reading,subscribing and leaving comments in the comment box ^^