Sick Day

Sick Day

 

‘Maybe dancing in the rain wasn’t such a great idea,’ you thought to yourself as you lay in bed with a bad cold.

____

 

The day before you and your boyfriend, Lay, had been walking around at the park near your apartment. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and there were a few clouds in the sky. It was your idea to go to the park and have a picnic. You made a lunch box for the two of you to share and he brought along a blanket for the two of you to sit in. He picked you up at your house and from there you walked to the park a few blocks down. It was a really big and spacious park. There were lots of trees, a playground, a really nice water fountain, there were even a few food carts around and picnic tables.

The two of you arrived at the park and decided to sit down under shady tree to eat your lunch. Lay laid out the mat and you sat on it placing the lunch box down. The two of you started to eat lunch when out of nowhere dark clouds start to roll in over head.

“I think we should hurry, it looks like it will rain,” Lay said looking up at the sky.

You nodded, “Yeah it does look like it will rain.”

The two of you finished up quickly and packed your stuff away, but unfortunately by the time you finished that it had started to drizzle. You and Lay took cover by the trunk of the tree as the rain came down harder. The rain trapped the two of you.

“Why don’t we dance in the rain,” you suggested and grinned at Lay.

“No you’ll get sick.”

“But I’ve always wanted to try it~ Plus my boyfriend is a really great dancer too!”

You looked at him with a cute pleading look, which you knew would make him give into whatever you wanted. Then after a bit of struggle he finally gave in. Then the two of you of course danced around in the rain and played around for a bit. Then after the two of you were soaking wet you made your way back to your house.

____

 

Although it was very fun that day you should have listened to your boyfriend, because now you were stuck in your bed sick with a cold, possibly a fever. You didn’t even have the motivation to get up and make food for yourself. You heard your phone buzz on the nightstand beside you; you rolled over and reached for it. You looked at it, there was a message from Lay.

 

(Bold-Lay; Italics-You)

Hey :)

Hey~

Did you sleep well?

Yup.

Are you sick?

No…

You should have listened to me yesterday

I know…

I’ll be over in a bit, okay?

Okay

 

Somehow even through text messages Lay always seemed to know when you were lying to him. He just knew you so well and could tell when something was wrong with you. You loved how sweet he was all the time, and when you were sad or feeling down he’d sing for you to make you feel better. You had been dating Lay for about a year and with in that year you two have been inseparable.

You laid in bed too sick to move anywhere, so you the tv and started watching a Korean drama. You heard your front door open and close softly, followed by the sound of footsteps getting closer to your room. You looked to the door and saw Lay leaning against the door frame with a smug look on his face.

“Yeah,” you croaked, “you told me so~”

He chuckled softly and made his way over to you then slid into bed. He smiled softly and pulled you into his arms, “How are you feeling?”

“Not so good,” you admitted.

He nodded and felt your forehead, “Doesn’t seem like you have a fever, so you probably just caught a cold from playing in the rain yesterday.”

You nodded and snuggled close to him, “I should have listened to you…”

He chuckled and kissed your forehead, “Aniyo it was fun and wouldn’t trade it for anything else, plus now I get to take care of you.”

“But you always take care of me.”

“Well yeah, but this time I get to use my magical powers on you.”

You chuckled and looked up at him, “Your magical powers?”

“Neh.”

“So what is this magical power of yours?” you chuckled.

“I have the power to heal you.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes I do. Here let me show you~” he smiled and raised a hand to your forehead and closed his eyes. You stared up at him not sure what was going on.

“What are you doing?”

He chuckles, “I’m kidding I don’t have healing powers, but… wait hold on I’ll be right back,” he smiled and got up and left the room.

He came back with two plastic bags in his hands, “I brought you some medicine and some miyeok guk to help warm you up~”

You smiled at your boyfriend’s sweetness and moved to sit up. He first made you take your medicine then he insisted on feeding you the soup while the two of you curled up and watched the Korean drama together.