The Dark Alley

Dangerous Love

 

                                In a wet day I came out from the car in front of my new house - my new life actually. With a half heart I walked toward the wood made gate to my step father's house, Nichkhun Horvejkul. I grabbed my suitcase after he took it from the trunk as he handed me smiling, yeah.. everyone could see how a nice man he was but still - I could not call him as my dad cause I already had one though. Mom and Nichkhun were already inside the gate while I was standing here, hesitanted to moved few steps more toward them.

                I didnt know yet if my decision to moved from my warm hometown Busan the warmest part of Korea  to this city called Seoul would be a right decision or not. No more warm sun shines, breeze, and sounds of sprinkling waves of my beloved beach but only a metropolitan city with unpredictable sociaty. Seoul , the capital city of Republic Korea with population around 2 millions peoples. Not like Busan, Seoul was wetter and cold even in summer, Nich ever told me the rain came for the whole day sometimes and I hated it. I didnt like rain, it was wet and cold.

                But I had to accepted it with a wide heart for my mother, Victoria who was smiling wide there with Nichkhun by her side. She was and would always being the most important person in my life, so leaving Busan wasnt a big deal then. As long as she was happy, I was happy then - I tried. Plus as what I told you before Nichkhun indeed was a nice person and my mother loved him, so what was the problem. Let's be a happy family, that was what Nichkhun said before we were leaving Busan few hours ago.

                "Krys , come darling !" My mother waved her hand broke my trance, I was smiling back then. Collecting my courage , I sighed before took one more step and here I was - the part of Horvejkul. Nichkhun grabbed my hand with his right hand and other grabbed my mother's hand. We walked together to faced our new life as a new family.

 

~

                I entered my new room, I was smiling brightly as Nichkhun showed me the purple wallpaper and another puple stuff filled the room whick he decorated for me. "Thank you !" He hugged me from beside with his muscular arms. " I really happy then, my little princess." That the way he always addressed me most of the time and he really meant it , I meant it wasn't just a nickname given by him but also he really teated me like a princess.

                " Your mother is busy give a try on her new kitchen, so I guess you should unpacked your stuff by yourself. Do you mind ? " I could see a guility on his face , feeling sorry for couldnt help me with the things. I shook my head. " I'll waiting for you downstairs , she's cooking samgyupsal and kimchi stew. If you need something just call me , oke ! remember we're family from now on !" He patted my shoulder for the last time as he dissapeared from my sight.

                The delicious smell teased my nose and guided me to the kitchen where my mother and Nichkhun were. Like another newlywed couple, they were just too sweet. Look ! my mother looked very cool as always in the kitchen, she was joggled the pan to mixed the fried rice like a chef on the cooking channel. Sometimes she took a look at Nichkhun who sincerely sliced the pumpkin to made the pumpkin pancakes , my favorite. He put lots of effort to be common with cooking since my mother and I did enjoy to spent our time in the kitchen. After couple times almost burned his own kitchen, I guessed his cooking skill was lots better. I prouded.

                "Hi , sweetheart !" as always my mother used her aegyo everytime called my name and as always too Nichkhun would giggled and looked at her lovingly. " Hi , princess ? how's the things ?" Nichkhun's sight left my mother face to mine. " Everything is ok, hmmm.. it's smell good. What should I do to help you guys. " I offered as I took a look at the delicious fried rice. " Just sit there and watch ! mom and dad would make a special dishes to their beloved daughter !" Nichkhun guided me to sat on the dining table as he fixed his blue pororo apron made me realized that my mother also used the same but pink one - the both used a couple apron.

                " Have a good meal !!" We said together , my eyes fixed on the samgyupsal , friend rice , kimchi stew and pumpkin pancakes laided on the table tidily. I saw Nichkhun gave a try on the fried rice, my mother impatiently waited for his comment. "Woooww.. !" We all laughed by his action as a big smile planted on my mother's face , so was I. " You are the best honey !" He added made she blushed. Now was my turn to gave a try on Nichkhun's pumpkin pancakes I wonder if it would be hard and uncuttable pumpkin like before. He bit his chopstick to hold his nervouseness, "Woooww.. !" I acted overboard to made them laughed for the second time and I was success.

                " Honey..you said you already found a new school for Krystal, didnt you ?" Mother brought up a new topic. I didnt expect to went to the new school this soon, I was a newbie at Seoul and didnt I need a time to addapted with everything ? honestly inside the plane I made a list of some places I had to visit when I arrived here for a week at least. " This soon ?" I sighed gave them a dissapoint face. " I am sorry dear, I know that you need a time to relax before busy with school, I really understand." Nichkhun explained. If he really understanded why did he do this ? sent me to the new school a day after I arrived at this city? I sighed again.

                " Listen ! I want to give the best for you and your mom. I choose the best school in Seoul for you and because you indeed a smart girl, they accept you. But because it almost the middle of smester, they said you have to start learning from tomorrow so you can join the next exam 2 weeks later. I am so sorry." He said with his calm voice he usually used. I could be a selfish person right ? he did it for my shake so, considered it as a challange.

                " Yeah, I got it !" smile curved on my lip for his relief. " But I have a good news here, we'll spend this evening to going around Seoul !" right after he finished his words I couldnt hide the bliss from my face as I jumped happily. " Yeah.. that's great ! that's great !!!" I screamed in bliss.

 

~

               

            We were in Insangdong street one of the busy part of Seoul in the night. Actually I recommended to just spent tonight at the romatic view of Han river watched the stars at least to comforted my self from being stress thought about school. But I had to kept this thought of mine inside my head since my mother really wanted to came here to the dead. Well , her happiness would always be my priority and it was glad enough to saw her smiled brightly like this running like a kid from one shop to another shop while I and Nichkhun only could giggled from ear to ear, she was lovable so no wonder Nichkhun fell for her.

           

            “ Soo Jung darling, look at this bag. It’s really suit  you. “ My mother grabbed a purple bag from the rack and asked me to gave a try on it. “ Maybe it is too girly mom, mind to find another one ?” I let out a weak smile as I put it again to the bag rack as her eyes went around the whole room to found another for me. Even though we were a mother and daughter, it didn’t mean we always had a same taste. I loved purple and dark color while she loved colorful and soft color. I was an introvert person, cool and icy so people often called me Ice princess while my mother was a cheerful, friendly and people loved her include me. So I preferred to.

 

            “ How about this dear ?” I heard Nichkhun’s voice from behind brought a dark blue backpack whick finally suited me, I thought. “ Your uniform is soft blue so I pick it.” He added, I nodded. “ Thanks Nich, I really like it.” With that Nick went to the cashier with mother while I waited for them near the glasses wall examined the street.The street looked different for it was quitter than other busy spot. Nobody walked on the street only the sound of wind, I looked at my wrist it showed 10.00 pm. Was it too early for people to left Insangdong, weird.

 

            “ Where do you want to bring us again honey ?” My mother broke my trance. I just realized that it wasn’t the way to our hous but somewhere else. I moved my eyes from the view outside the car to Nichkhun  who still focused on the wheel stole a glance at me before answered “ I think our beloved princess need more entertainment more than just shopping before goes to school.” My eyes wider as seemed he could read my mind. As I looked outside before I just imagined how wonderful spending tonight in Han river and now he said wanted to brought me there.

 

            “ Thanks Nich, you’re the best.” I raised up my thumb. I saw a satisfied smile on his face, “ Anything for you my only little princess.” He added. The car parked and I saw the plank said welcome to Han river in hanja followed by English, no doubt we were in Han river. Once again Nichkhun always knew what I wanted.

 

            Not like what I expected the cloudy hid the bright night sky, I was unlucky. Although I was a Korean but it was my first time came here. From the day I was born to the world Busan was the only place I ever knew. Mother and Nichkhun walked hand in hand while I only by myself behind them, I would not disturbed their time so let it be. The both went to the cruise and left me here alone since I had a terrible sea sick even thought I was lived in Busan which really famous with it’s sea. The both glanced at me as they felt regret to left me alone but I just gave them a sign that I was happy here, I really was fine.

            I continued stepped my feat on the quite street along the side of river with a calm heart. I stopped on the wood branch under the lined up trees as I looked straight to the river tried to imagined the sky with thousand stars which were twinkling., it felt so nice. Actually I more enjoyed to spent my time by self that was why I had not too many friend in school and made my mother so worried.

 

            My leg started to patted the grasses under my shoes, it almost 20 minutes but the two love birds didn’t come yet from the romantic cruise moment, I bored. Nothing was fine here so my sight turned around to found something fun rather than a flat river with cloudy sky. My eyes fixed on a little white cat sleeping tight near the street, I stood up decided  to moved her to the safe place cause people might stepped on her. Before I could made my first step, I gasped. “ What was that ?” I said in my mind since I could not freed a word from my throat. I just saw a man stood on the roof before he disappeared and appeared again near the dark alley before walked in. The man exactly the same, the hair, outfit but it was impossible for a human to moved to another place in blink of eyes. I meant, the building he stood at had 3 story and if he jumped he might got a bone crack plus the distance between the building and the alley wasn’t that short. Was it really happen ? or it was my imagination played with me, I shook my head.

 

            “ Too many watch a movie.” I said to myself but somehow the scene I saw before was very clear and seemed real. Actually I didn’t believe such as myth , gosh or any kind of it. They were fake and only exist in the movie not in our real life but the mysterious man like slapped my own thought, I sighed. My leg still could not move next few minutes before I felt a strong palm touched my shoulder made I turned my head to faced him. What I saw was frowned Nichkhun. “ What ?” I asked. “ I called you many time but you just stand there like a statue.” He said exchanged glance with my mother. “ I.. I was.. I was just too focus on the cat.. “ I pointed at the white cat on the street, but she wasn’t there anymore and I could see Nichkhun frown again from the edge of my eyes. “ Cat ?” I heard my mother voice this time. “ She really was there before, maybe she went somewhere else. “ I reasoned.

 

            I really confused with myself now, why did I be an idiot like this ? that man ruined my day. “ Ok, so satisfied enough to go home ?” I nodded. My mother reached my hand and hold it tight maybe she realized something wrong with me as she patted my shoulder. I glanced at the dark alley for the last time, was it really my imagination ?  

             

 

Hiii..  how was that ?? I got a headached to write it !!