The Date :) Part 2

My Hip Hop Heart

 Here's Part 2 of the date! Sorry that it took so long! ^^"

Taemin and I walked in silence as he directed us somwhere. I was really curious on where he was taking me. We just ate at a private restaurant room in an aquarium that made you feel like you were in the ocean AND the food was delicious. What does he have that can top that?

We suddenly approached a large crowd of people that looked like they were in a rush to get to work. Even though it's around mid-day, this happens often. I feel a hand grasp around mind and when I look at the owner I look into Taemin's eyes with a surprised expression.

"You think I'm gonna take the risk of losing you in this crowd? I don't think so." he tells me seriously. Funny, I was expecting a softer, more cheesier reply.

But still, I stupidly blushed at what he said. Seriously, get ahold of yourself!

We walk through the large crowd of people and I tighten my grip on Taemin's hand, replying on him completely. It was that crowded! He seemed to have noticed and I caught him smiling like he likes the fact that he's reliable.

We exit the crowd of people and I let go of Taemin's hand. "Why'd you let go?" he asks me disappointed. "Because I'm not scared that I'll be lost anymore." I simply tell him.

He pouts at me and takes my hand in his and he begins to smile his kind smile again. "That's not a good enough reason to let go of my hand. We're on a date, so we should hold hands of course."

I look at him weirdly before saying to myself, "Tch, couldn't you have thought of a more romantic excuse?"

Apparently, Taemin heard and he chuckled before stepping in front of me to block my way. "You want a more romantic excuse?"

Deciding not to back down and stand up for what I said, I raise my chin up to look powerful as I answered, "Yes, Yes I would. This may be my first date, but one thing that I know for sure, is that the boy must be romantic on a date."

"Oh, so you're a love expert now?" Taemin teases. "Dude, I said "one thing for sure"..? Seriously man, clean your ears."

"Hey, no need to bring your guy out," Taemin says. "You're back to being a girl now, so act like one."

"Now you're starting to be more manlier." I comment. Taemin rolls his eyes playfully and tightens his grip on my hand before pulling me closer to him. Our noses were just a centremetre apart and I could feel his breath on my lips.

"So you wanna know why I wanna hold your hand?" he asks me in a tone that's just above a whisper. I was so speechless at our closeness, I just nodded.

He smirks and tells me, "I don't want any other guy in this world to look at you expect me. I don't want you to leave my side. I don't want any other guy to try and flirt with you. I don't want you to get lost. I don't want you to feel nervous on this first date. And I want everyone to know..."

I look at him waiting for him to continue.

"That you're mine..."

Okay, now I'm officially, a tomato. Did Taemin really just say that? And... did he somehow confess to me? His words took me aback and I couldn't think. Instead, I just looked up into his dark brown eyes and he looked back at me not seeming to want to break the connection we both felt.

It was like fireworks were exploding inside me, and it left warmth all over. My heart felt like it was about to reach it's limits as it beat so fast it was gonna come out of my chest. 

I unknowingly smiled at his statement and he smiled back. He moved back, making me able to breath again.

I scratched the back of my head, still feeling embarrassment of what he said. Taemin chuckled, noticing.

 

We began walking again in silence and pretty soon, Taemin told me that we've arrived at our location.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDTkV1UR7rZf583_S3zGA

We were currently in at an Ice-skating venue and I couldn't keep my happiness inside. I've always wanted to go ice-skating, I've never tried it. I always watched Kim Yuna perform on TV. Ever since then, I've wanted to try it at least once, but I never had the chance.

"C'mon, let's get some skates." Taemin says, noticing my happiness. He drags me towards the place where you ask for skates.

We got our skates and put them on. It was surprisingly easy to balance and walk in them. But it was only until I set foot on the ice that I started to wobble.

Unlike me, Taemin was comfortably skating around the rink by himself. What on earth is he doing just ditching me here? But on the other hand, it would be pretty boring to have to watch out for someone who can't skate. Especially if the person taking care of you knows how to skate.

I stayed on the rim of the ice-skating rink, hanging onto the edge and pulling myself around. It looked like I was the only one who didn't know how to skate, so it was pretty embarrassing.

Suddenly a small group of people come rushing past me, and my feet couldn't keep balance, I ended up on the ground and a hint of disappointment waved over me. Wasn't Taemin meant to be here before I fell?

Aish, I should stop expecting things to happen. I'm not in some romantic movie here. This is reality, and I have to admit it. And I have to accept the fact that good things won't always happen to me, that Taemin isn't my "hero" and save me before I hurt myself or get into trouble.

A tall, skinny figure comes skating my way. Great. Another fast skater that's gonna rush past me and make me feel even worse than the feeling I'm feeling at my position right now.

He suddenly makes a halt in front of me, stopping on his side and making bits of snow fly towards me.

"Need help?" Taemin asks lending a hand. I grab his hand and he puts an arm around me, taking a firm grip on my other arm, supporting me as I get up so I don't fall again.

This physical contact makes me blush. But it was a good thing, as it was quite cold in here.

"Would you like me to teach you how to skate?" he offers. I quickly cover his mouth with my hand and I look around incase anyone heard. After a while I let go.

"What was that for?" he asks me. "I don't want people here to know that I can't skate." I inform him.

He chuckles, "I'm sure everyone here already knows. You've been on the wall since you got on the ice."

"Still, I just don't wanna be the odd one out." I say. "Just teach me, but secretly."

"Secretly?" Taemin asks like he's about to laugh, but with confusion. "Yes, secretly."

"Okay, okay." he says. "LESSON ONE!" he purposely begins aloud. "Yah!" I yell at him. But he just laughs.

I slap him in the arm and give him a disapproving look, but he just continues to tease me, by yelling out the instructions so everyone can hear.

I am buried in embarrassement, as passing people be their selfish selfs and points at me or whispers to the person next to them that someone on the ice can't skate.

I know what they're thinking. Get off the ice if you can't skate.

I've heard this many times when I was back in my old life. At school, when we'd have ice-skating for sport, I would always stick on the side and the place was pretty crowded so people would try to find enough space to skate. Apparently, I would be in their way and wreck their fun cause everyone on the ice can skate except me.

"Get off the ice if you can't skate!" TJ would tell me. He'd then push me towards the ground and my would hit the ice hard.

I unknowingly started to shed a tear at the memory, and Taemin stopped teasing.

"Ya, are you okay? I didn't mean to make you cry..." he tells me apolygetically, holding me by the shoulders.

I look up a him with my teary eyes, and I whispher, "TJ..."

I see his eyes look at me with confusion before widening them a little. But not too much that I'd have to ask about it.

"Is he one of the people that rushed past you and made you fall?" he asked. I shake my head before sniffling, "Don't worry. Let's just skate."

Taemin nods, and grabs my hand gently, he squeezes it a little before telling me, "Just trust me okay?" I nod and he wipes my tears away with his sleeves and then begins to guide me thorugh the ice.

Sometimes I would almost fall, but then his other hand would come and support me before I fell.

It took a while, but I finally got the hang of it. And pretty soon, I was skating just like Taemin and all the other people on the ice.

It was great fun. And with Taemin's hand around mine, made me feel safe. No one rushed past me anymore.

We were both comfortably skating on the ice, hand in hand, when Taemin suddenly, slowly starts to let go. "Ya! What are you doing?" I panic, tightening my grip. "You have to learn how to skate on your own. You can't always rely on me."

I felt a little disappointed when he said that, at the same time, slowly letting go of my hand.

I was panicing, but as soon as our fingertips lost contact, I didn't end up falling or anything. Taemin skated close beside me incase I was about to fall, so I still felt safe.

I begin to smile and laugh at my success. "I'm doing it!" I exclaim proudly, with Taemin clapping his hands and smiling back at me. This is like the feeling you would get when you first learn how to ride a bike.

I've never even touched a bike, but I know of the feeling you get. I've read it in books and seen it in movies.

I then accidentally skate over a wet spot on the ice, causing me to wobble and lose my balance. But before I fell back, a pair of hands held my waist. I stay still in this position, as I just feel cold breath on the back on my neck. I slowly turn my head, eyes meet Taemin's, "Are you okay?" he asked me. I nod my head slowly, not used to the closeness.

"I'll hold onto you incase you fall. You were scared, right?" I nod again. He pushes me forward a little, hands still on my waist so I can get moving. I skate like normal again, but I feel nervous at Taemin's touch. 

Taemin's POV

I noticed how nervous she felt with my hands on her waist. I decided to have fun and a little.

I wrap my arms around her waist completely and I rest my head on her shoulder and look at her face for her reaction. 

As expected, her eyes widened with shock and she blinked a number of times. Her breathing became heavier and she looked the other way, not daring to make eye contact with me.

I smiled and laughed a little. She's so cute! x3 She began to stop skating, so I'd skate, causing her to keep moving, not wanting to fall even though I've go her secure in my arms.

"Taemin, do you think you can loosen your grip?" she asks me nervously. "But you're gonna fall." I say as an excuse to keep holding onto her, but I loosen my grip anyways. She wanted me to loosen my grip, but not let go. How sweet. She's so cute!

She begins to feel comfortable after a while and getting used to the closeness. Now it's time to have some fun. 

I let go of her waist and I push her forward gently. When she gets surprised and looks back, I skated in front of her and she bumps into me, but I hold her by the arms incase she falls. I lean my head next to her ear and I whispher, "Let's have some fun okay? Don't be afraid of falling. I've got you." She seemed shy at my words, but nodded. "You shouldn't be fearful on a date. You have to trust your partner." I smile at her.

She smiles and nods, trusting me and my words. We begin skating, and to get the fun going, I skate faster than her. She skates to keep up to me, but then after a while of doing this, she got the message, and we began our race around the ice rink.

She dodged all the people in her path, and her balance was perfect so I didn't worry to much about her falling. We were all laughs and smiles and fun, and when I was slowing down from tiredness, she whizzed past me. There wasn't even a finish line, and she was so keen on beating me. 

I skate up to catch up to her and when I arrive at her side, I tell her, "First one to reach the small entrance in the next lap wins, okay?" 

"Game on!" she states competitively and skates ahead. I think she's having a little too much fun. But it doesn't bother me. I just find it enjoyable to see her smile and have a good time.

I decide to take this race as seriously as she is so we can have more fun. 

I skate to catch up to her and I grab her by the waist lifting her up. She was surprsed and screamed at first, but then it was replaced by laughing. 

I put her down, making her face the opposite direction, then quickly skate to the 'finish line.'

"Yah!" she yells, and grabs my sleeve to pull me back. 

We were both holding each other back, and it was really fun. She ended up winning and for revenge, I scared her from behind.

She almost slipped so I tried to catch her, but then I slipped too, and we both fell on the ice.

To my surprise, she wasn't crying in pain, she was crying in laughter. Wasn't she hurt?

"Yah... did you get hurt?" She nodded, "Just having to much fun to focus on the pain."

I had to chuckle at that. She's having fun. I'm glad.

I help her up and she skated in front of me to get off the ice first and I looked at her figure from behind. She's so beautiful, why did she have to disguise herself? She probably doesn't realise the beauty that she clearly shows. 

Maybe it's something from her past. Maybe she's just been in the dark all this time and being a boy was her only path of being on the bright side.

Maybe it's been a while since she's smiled like she did just now. Maybe no one understood her. But I do.

Maybe she just needs a little love. 

I skate next to her and without warning, I plant a soft kiss on her right cheek. She stops skating and looks at me, surprised.

I stop infront of her and I turn my head to face her. 

"You must never forget to smile," I tell her. "Especially if you're with me. I know how you must be feeling. No one understood you..."

She just looks at me confused and still with shock from the kiss.

"Only I can heal your hip hop heart." and with that, I skated off the ice.

Lol! The last part he said was pretty cheesy and lame at the same time! XD But I tried to make it relevant to the title so I apolygise if it kinda killed the mood. Answers as to how Taemin knew will be next chapter, and then the date will be finished. 

By the way, this story is ALMOST finished! I'm trying to fix up the ending, but maybe 5 or something chapters left. I'm sorry if the date isn't "cheesy" or whatever, I think I have a writers block when it comes to cheesy parts. But I tried? haha! XD Laters guys! XD