Chapter 3

Masochist for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

RYEOWOOK

 

I'm still in the middle of convincing her to agree to my most masochistic offer. And as I realize how foolish and impulsive that question was, I still can't believe I asked her to make me her rebound. I don't really know what's wrong with me. And to be honest, I don't think any sane person would do what I had just done. Well, that probably means that I'm not a completely normal one. I guess.

"Please? Let's have a deeeal~" I whine. No. I am not acting cute. I am definitely not acting cute, okay? Okay. Okay, fine. Maybe I really am acting all cutesy and whiny. Damn it, after asking such a question to her, I'm doing an embarrassing thing in front of her. My reputation is in jeopardy.

She gawks at me before struggling again from my grip, "Please stop bothering me! Now mister Ryeowook or whatever you're called, can you please kindly let go of my arm!?"

"Not unless you'll agree," I deal with her and now, I really seem so desperate, I know. But, ha! Take that, you have just been bounded in the do or die situation. I can actually hear my own conscience laughing while rolling on floor right now.

"Ugh, fine! Fine! Whatever! Just let go of my hand, for goodness's sake," she scowls at me and I loosen my handle to her arm. Then, she asks me sternly, "What's the deal?"

I had heard it correctly, right? My ears aren't fooling me, right? She had just agreed to my painfully moronic request right?

YES, FINALLY! If I had known that threatening her like this would make her agree that easily then I should have done that ages ago. The burden could have been lessened a lot.

I let go of her arm then I tell her to follow me. She complies without any complaint and I lead the way somewhere. So, where are we going exactly? Well, just somewhere to make up the heavy mood. Maybe a place with benches or chairs or something 'cause I really want to sit already. 

As I walk relentless towards Ryeowook-knows-where, I notice how quiet the atmosphere has been since we started our short journey. She's been very quiet and I feel responsible by half of why. I tilt around to take a better look at her. Then I saw her looking at the ground, without any care of her surroundings. She looks so devastated and so empty. And I'm starting to wonder if what I did was a bad idea.

I think I don't want to do it anymore. I don't want to trouble her with my selfish—well, half selfish and half not—request. I don't want to be another reason of her blues. But the thing is, I don't think I can take my words back anymore.

I plopped myself down on the first bench that greeted me. 

"Jimin," I call, "Come and sit down. Now."

"Huh?" I seem to have called her out of her fantasies, and then she snapped back to her usual self, "Oh, what now?" She asks, looking a lot more irritated than before.

"So here's the deal," I start talking, "I'll be your 'rebound' boyfriend for 127 days. After that—"

"Wait, what? WHAT? 127 DAYS?! ISN'T THAT A BIT TOO MUCH?!" she protests. I wave my hand a no and counter her.

"Not really. IIt's more or less four months," I say, "And as I was saying, after 127 days, I promise, I'll do anything you want. Just give me 127 days. Once it's over, if you want me to get out of your life I will or whatever it's up to you. I won't protest. You can give your rules if you have anything in hand"

"Anything, huh?" she smirk, then she crosses her arms, "I'll give you my rules tomorrow."

"Great, same here," I smile, "Oh, and by the way, nobody, as much as possible, should know about this thing. And tonight, I'll make a contract for you to sign."

"Mister Ryeowook, you do know that almost everybody here knows me, right? Don't you think it would be bad for me, and my reputation, if they find out that I'm dating another guy just after a day of breaking up?" she scoffs at me.

"No," I shake my head and say, "We don't care about them. We care about Yejun. We care about making him realize how big of a loss you are to him."

"Uhm.. O...kay then, I guess? I'm going ahead, Ryeowook," she bows slightly, "Let's just continue discussing about this, err, deal tomorrow. Thank you for giving me another problem. You are very nice." She tells me in a sarcastic manner.

"You're welcome, Jimin," I reply to her happily.

Oh, my! I never really thought that I'd be able to talk to her like this, and the guy talking to her .... that was not me. I want to say that it wasn't me who said those words but yes, it's me. I just can't picture myelf saying those things in front of the one I love.

But the thing that I really thought would never happen was becoming her boyfriend.

I get it, I'm a rebound plus, I even volunteered. But hey, it's still under the label boyfriend, though! And it's a lot better than watching her from afar, I guess. And the best part of this deal? Starting tomorrow, I'll be her 'official' boyfriend.

I'm still in cloudnine, daydreaming about everything, when my phone suddenly vibrates from my pocket. I fish my phone out and see a message from Jihye.

"Hey, you home?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter