I Need Your Help

All About Him

CHAPTER 8:

Seohyun stared at the paper given to her by their manager. They were tasked to sing in Mandarin and almost everyone was troubled because it was their first time singing in Mandarin. Hmm... Let me see. Seohyun tried to focus on her lines but the pronunciation was her problem, and not to mention, her lines were the fastest.

"Ah, this is so hard!" She exclaimed which made the other members jump.

"Good thing I studied Mandarin before." Hyoyeon beamed and playfully hugged the paper in her hands. Before debut, Hyoyeon was sent to China with Super Junior's Siwon by their company to study, that was the reason why she is very fluent in Mandarin.

"Stop talking and just teach me the right pronunciation." Taeyeon frowned, she was given a lot of lines due to being a main vocalist, she had to sing a lot in the song. Hyoyeon chuckled, she didn't worry about her lines although it was a really fast rap and proceeded to teach Taeyeon.

Tiffany looked the most troubled, she had plenty of lines in Mandarin and also a rap in English. All she wanted to do was to run to her dongsaeng, Tao and ask him to help her. They developed a sister-brother relationship because of the special stage they did along with Taeyeon, Seohyun, Luhan, and Seohyun. They sang "Crazy in Love" that time. 

"Teach us later too, all right?" Yuri stated, a problematic tone drawn in her voice. She face palmed and placed the paper down, "Wow, I remember how we all felt when we had to sing Japanese the first time." She giggled, trying to shrug away all the trouble they were experiencing that time and ran her fingers through her hair.

"How are you all doing?" A man's voice broke through the silent atmosphere, it was their manager.

"Horrible." They all spat, making the man laugh at the troubled girls before him.

He sat beside Seohyun and ruffled her hair, "How's Mandarin?"

"Oppa!" Seohyun fixed her hair and glared, "You ruined my hair." She pouted and grabbed the paper where the lyrics are all written.
"I feel like I won't be able to pronounce these words correctly. It's going to be embarrassing." Seohyun frowned with her eyes almost closing.

"It's all right," Taeyeon assured everyone, "Hyoyeon's going to help us."

Hyoyeon's ears perked up, "What? That's going to be hard for me! What are you saying, Taengoo!" She hit Taeyeon playfully on the shoulder and thought about teaching 8 girls. The thought made her shiver; it was going to be a mess.

"What about asking help from your close friends who know Mandarin?" The manager suggested and made the girls think about it too. "What? You think that's going to work? You can't ask Hyoyeon that much since she's teaching Taeyeon and you're a whole bunch of girls. It's going to be hard for everyone."

Seohyun's thought about their manager's suggestion, a close friend who knows Mandarin? Hmm...


"KRIS!" Seohyun ran towards a tall guy in a hoodie with a piece of paper in her hands, "I need your help." She shyly looked down, waiting for his response.

"U-uhm... Are you busy? I-I could just ask Luhan to help me—

"What? No." His eyebrows furrowed and took the paper from Seohyun's hand, "What is this?" 

He scanned the paper and broke into a smile, realizing the reason why she needed help from him, "This is easy. Come on." He grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the practice room.

They both sat down beside each other on a couch, "So?"

"Uh, I was wondering if you could help me with my Mandarin. It's our first time singing in Mandarin and I'll be in real trouble if I'd be the only one with the wrong pronunciation." She thoroughly explained, planning to add some more reasons for him to agree with her.

"And I—

"Don't worry. I'll help you." Kris gave her a smile, eyes scanning through the paper.

"Thank you! Thank you very much!" Being the bubbly girl that she is, Seohyun hugged him tight and gave him a kiss on the cheek, making her flush in a bright color of red.

I shouldn't have done that. She thought and awkwardly look away, "I know you're blushing, now look at me." Kris chuckled at the girl's behavior and strangely, he found it cute.

"Point out your lines in here." He handed her the paper and she shyly pointed out her lines.

1.) zài nǐ xīnlǐ diǎn qǐ huǒyàn
     ràng nǐ lúnxiàn xiànzài nǐ yǐ shǔyú wǒ

2.) méiyǒu wèijù chōngmǎn zìxìn
     zhè cái shì nǐ zuì yǒu mèilì de mō yàng

 Find Your Soul (Mandarin Ver.)

"My problem is, it's really fast. Both lines have the same tone and pace but it's really fast." Seohyun rubbed the back of her neck and took a deep breath.

"It's not really that hard if you know the right pronunciation." Kris stared at the paper on full concentration, "What we need to work on is your pronunciation. This is no joke if it's fast so that's what we really need to get to." Kris sighed and clapped his hands, "Alright, come on. Let's work on this."

Kris seemed to look troubled too because he didn't know the right way to teach her, he's probably going to look so stupid.

"Uh, so starting off with the first line...."


SanniSideUp → A really short chapter just to inform you guys that I'm back! With my friend, jjangseori! Go visit her profile for more of her stories! This chapter is written by her! <3

jjangseori → Hello! I hope you liked this chapter! Although it was short, we promise to write a satisfying chapter the next time we update!  Be sure to write down your feedbacks and tell us what you think about this story!

xoxo, mishee and andie. ♡