IX

MBLAQ has a Baby

dTr5MgET9.jpeg

 

Thunder snapped from his id-driven reverie the second the words passed through his lips, and he clumsily stumbled back, a hand pressed to the side of his face in shock as he watched set worker after set worker react in the exact same way. What had he done? How could he have let his emotions get the better of him like that? He was an idol for goodness sake—he knew better than to go around blabbing secrets and scandals, and acting like they were the most normal things in the world to announce. And Mir... sure, he had been acting like a jerk by rambling on about all of those girls, but he was the pregnant one here... And Thunder had just dragged him out and practically thrown him under the bus for everyone to feed their hatred on. And now the poor boy was cowering behind his back, releasing quiet whimpers he could only guess were really a prelude to something much worse.

 

"I-I..." he turned his back to the cameras and hung his head in shame; Mir only clung to him that much tighter in response, burying his face in his shoulder. "Mireu... I—"

 

"You're so mean, hyung," he murmured, feeling the tears streak down his cheeks in thick rivers. "Why would you do that to us... to me...?"

 

Thunder just stood there gaping at him, not quite knowing what to do about the sobbing mess in his arms; he'd never had anything like this happen before—he was usually too nice to act up and hurt someone so special to him—so seeing Mir so broken and upset right in front of him, and knowing that he'd been the cause, made him feel abysmally more guilty about what he'd done. But what should he do? What should he say? He was just as confused as he knew the maknae was, and even though they were over two completely different things, their reactions were near-perfect in similarity... which meant that he was now crying as well, and that the only saving grace they got came in the form of the cameras cutting so Seungho and G.O. could go over to hug and comfort them.

 

"Babo..." Seungho sighed, placing one hand on Thunder's shoulder as the other one pushed his blonde hair out of his tear-soaked face. "You really messed that one up, you know..."

 

Thunder only replied by practically jumping onto his leader, and holding him as tight as he could, not wanting to look at anyone, or have anyone talk to him in his time of weakness. "What happened...?" he then asked, and Seungho pat his back reassuringly, coaxing him to continue. "When he was going on about those girls... there was this anger inside me... and the next thing I knew, I was dragging him out in front of all of you to tell the viewers about the baby... But why would I do that, hyung...? Why would I be so selfish like that...?"

 

"Because you really care about him," Seungho finally answered, pulling him even closer as he watched Mir break down all over again in G.O.'s arms; Thunder was still too vulnerable to be able to witness that right now though, so he knew he had to keep the visual distracted by any means possible until things had calmed down again.

 

The two of them were quiet from that point on, rocking from side-to-side slowly as Thunder cried out all that he had to; Seungho watched their other groupmates do the same a few meters away, and only when Mir had quieted down too, did the older two back away and turn their dongsaengs to face each other so they could make up. Mir immediately ran to Thunder when he could, and hugged his waist tight, mumbling out a slew of apologies that no one could really hear because his face was too far hidden inside a broad shoulder. But then Thunder hugged him back, and told him to calm down so they could properly say what they had to... which they did.

 

"Please, Doongie-hyung... I really, really did not mean to make you so upset... I just got nervous, and carried away, and—"

 

"Mireu, stop, let me now," Thunder gave him a small smile, and his lips quickly pressed back together so he could listen to what the visual had to say. "I am truly sorry that I put you through that just now. I know you were still feeling uneasy, and that we had planned for the announcement in a much better way... But I got jealous of you talking about those girls, and I reacted wrongly because of that... Can you forgive me...?"

 

Mir just gave his famous grin, and moved his arms up to instead wrap them around Thunder's neck. "Of course, Doongie-hyung—I can always forgive you. You're too nice for anyone to hate you over one stupid thing..."

 

Thunder laughed, petting Mir's hair and kissing his temple. "Thank you, Mireu..."

 

"Okay, okay, enough of the mushy stuff," Seungho suddenly stepped up beside them and pushed them apart, though there was a smile on his face that told them he was happy they'd made up... and so fast too. "The cameras are going again in twenty."

 

Everyone rushed back to their respective seat and wiped away any miniscule remains of what could have given away their earlier confrontation, before they listened to the final countdown and turned to Hyung Don as he picked up from where Thunder had stopped. "So you two are having a baby together..." he said, and four nods came as his answer. "Boy or girl?"

 

"Girl," Thunder replied, and a few of the make-up artists in the back squealed in delight. "We don't know what name to use yet though."

 

"Oh, maybe I can give a few suggestions?" Hyung Don raised his eyebrows, but Defconn just smacked his shoulder and pressed on in his stead.

 

"Will she staying at the MBLAQ dorm with you five?" he questioned carefully, not really knowing whether such a thing could be revealed yet or not (there were still some issues he and Hyung Don hadn't been told about before they'd started recording today). "Or are Cheondoong-ah and Mireu-ah going to be moving?"

 

"I said she should be able to stay at the dorm until she's maybe two or three," Mir replied, before he pointed over to a frowning Thunder. "Doongie-hyung thinks we should just move out right away though."

 

"And what about you, hyungs?" Defconn motioned to Seungho and G.O. "Whose side do you take in this?"

 

"Cheolyong's," Seungho quickly said, and G.O. nodded his agreement a moment later. "We want to help him and Doongie take care of her, but how can we do that when they're living in a different home while we still have schedules to attend to?"

 

"True, true," Hyung Don conceded, before turning to Thunder. "I guess you're outnumbered on this one, Cheondoong-ah," he then said, and Thunder merely shrugged and smiled in return; as long as his groupmates were appropriate around the baby as she grew older, he could tolerate her living with all of them in the dorm.

 

"Oh, now here's an important one," Defconn suddenly cut in, and he held up his finger to each of the maknaes to show just how serious he was being; Mir gulped, clinging back onto Thunder, who squinted his eyes and prayed for nothing too harmful to come from the incoming question. "Whose name is she going to take, since you two can't marry?"

 

Mir's eyes widened in shock at the question, and he had to think long and hard about what kind of answer he could give. To be completely honest, he'd never even thought of bringing such a thing up to Thunder before; he was the umma, and he was the one who had to carry her, so he really wanted her to take his last name... especially since his parents had told him before that the Bang family name would end in him, and he was determined to prove them wrong. But at the same time, he truly believed Thunder deserved to give his name to her, to show to her that he was always going to be there for her, and be a good appa to her no matter how hard things got for them.

 

He looked up to Thunder as the seconds only ticked by in silence, and wondered just what was going on inside that pretty head of his. Was he thinking the same kind of thing? Did he want to be possessive of her, and have his family name carry on to her? Mir squeezed his hand tighter, nervously coaxing him to give his reply...

 

"She's taking mine," Thunder finally stated, sounding more concrete in what he'd said than perhaps anything any of the others had ever heard from him before. "Or... I want her to take mine anyways..." he then corrected, looking shy again; Mir was still there beside him after all, and the last thing he wanted to do was make him angry or sad again.

 

"Another Park child, huh?" Hyung Don rubbed his chin in thought, seeming to examine Thunder closely as if he'd never had a good chance to do so before. "That sounds cute... and your fans would be more than happy to have a mini Sandara-ssi or Cheondoong-ah around..."

 

Everyone nodded (or squealed) at the idea of having a third Park child living in the idol world, before Hyung Don and Defconn went back to asking Mir and Thunder a variety of things about their relationship and the baby. Thunder and Seungho were the only ones to answer them though, while G.O. just sat back and watched, and Mir slunk down in the background and nervously listened, wanting nothing more than to hear Thunder's truest opinions about their daughter and her future life as an "A+ baby", as Hyung Don had so cleverly labelled her.

 

He really was curious as to what the visual was going to say, and because of their upcoming schedules—and the fact that they had spent the last week discussing nothing more than Mir's aches and pains, and his fear of doing their upcoming shows and interviews—he knew that any chances for them to really dig in and discuss just what they were going to do about their future lives as parents, would be few and far between in the next three months.

 

Eventually the director had to wave a hand for them to wrap up though, and Hyung Don once again asked the MBLAQ members to give their thoughts on the show before they had to leave. And all four of them stood up to ask that the fans support them and the baby as they continued to figure things out and get more comfortable being Oppas, Umma, and Appa.

 

As soon as Mir gave his thanks and bowed to the camera (or as far as he could when he had a rounded belly in his way), he and his hyungs waved goodbye and moved off behind the cameras so Hyung Don could officially wrap things up for him and Defconn. That was where Seungho found and greeted Hyung Sub, who was grinning and clapping as he ushered them to head out the door to the group van. "You did well in there," he congratulated them, before he climbed up into the front seat alongside Seungho.

 

"Yeah, and even though Doongie went and made the announcement too early, I think we handled things pretty well," Seungho said, glancing in the rearview mirror to find Thunder blushing and looking down at his knees; Mir just smiled at his cute reaction—like their leader—and poked at his cheek teasingly, before giving him a kiss in the exact same place.

 

"And now we just have to be ready for the fans' responses," G.O. added, leaning up in between the front seats so he could better hear, and speak to, Seungho. "Of course, other idols and MCs are going to know as well, and some of them are sure to oppose..."

 

"We can handle them though," Hyung Sub assured, glancing back to find his maknaes snuggling close in the back row of seats. Mir had his head on one of Thunder's shoulders, and their hands seemed to meet together somewhere around his big stomach, making them truly look like a happy expecting couple... The other three knew just a bit better than to believe that was wholly true though, because after what had happened back at the studio, after Mir had voiced dozens of times just how afraid he was of being hated... of having to protect his daughter and keep her from growing up as a normal child should, each of his hyungs (including Thunder) knew full well that things were really not as pleasant as they seemed on the surface.

 

Seungho and G.O. nodded in agreement, before they each looked back into the rearview mirror to check up on the sudden, odd quiet emanating from the back seat... "Yah, none of that now," Seungho shouted, noticing that Mir and Thunder were in the middle of kissing—and quite passionately at that—on the lips... and there were tongues involved too, only making the leader want to gag all the more.

 

Luckily, he was saved by G.O.'s hand turning his face away from the horrendous scene, and he instead chose to stare out the window, his arms crossed and his lips pursed. Hyung Sub and G.O. just exchanged an amused look at his immature behavior, and only let Mir and Thunder continue on in their session of pleased giggles, intimate whispers, and hard lip-locking... There would rarely be any appropriate occasions (or remaining energy) available for such things to happen the closer to the baby's due date they came, so why not let them have some fun while they still could (and piss Seungho off in the meantime as well)...?

 

A few minutes passed and nothing changed, but then Mir pulled away from Thunder and wiped his lips, not wanting to push his body into doing something he had no desire to take care of at the moment. "No more, Doongie-hyung," he whispered, and Thunder only nodded, knowing precisely why he was ending their heated make-out session in favor of laying his head on his shoulder and napping the rest of the way back to the dorm. They had to be more concerned about the baby and her upcoming arrival into the world than their id-driven needs and wants. Besides, there would be time later on when Mir was home taking care of her, to carry him off to one of their bedrooms and lock the door from the hyungs so they could be together intimately again.

 

He sighed and just pulled the real maknae closer to him, wrapping an arm around his back and giving his forehead one last kiss, before he turned to stare out the window at all of the passing cars and buildings. Soon... soon they would all know about him, and Mir, and their daughter, and soon he would be hearing their opinions on them, no matter whether they be good or bad. And he knew that he was completely ready to do that, because he had to be responsible for his mistake, and his family, and be ready to defend them at any turn...