VIII

MBLAQ has a Baby

dTr5MgET9.jpeg

 

(FOUR DAYS LATER)

 

They were lined up beside Hyung Don and Defconn, waving to the camera happily to entertain their fans as they each gave their greetings and reasonable, but vague, predictions for the night's show. Seungho began, announcing that he was anxious and excited at the same time, only wishing for their visit to go well in the end so their fans would be pleased with them. G.O. said basically the same thing, only he wished them all well, and hoped for the fans to continue their support of the MBLAQ group. Thunder, on the other hand, bowed to the cameras and told everyone that he had high hopes for the show, and for what he was going to say later on towards the closing. And Mir, well, he stuttered out a brief greeting, and tried his hardest not to move around too much out of fear that his stomach would show too easily if he did; because even though he'd worn loose clothes that morning—which completely consisted of Thunder's black, printed t-shirt and rolled up jeans, and Seungho's grey leather jacket—he knew that the bump was still far too obvious to be missed, should he turn even a centimeter too much to the side.

 

To say he was nervous too was an understatement—he was utterly scared, freaked-out, panicked. The world was about to find out about him and Thunder, and the baby that had been conceived through their irresponsible actions... Yes, the scandal was about to be revealed, and only from there would he feel worse and worse as the days passed, until the incoming welcoming of their daughter was upon them. How would people take things though? How would they treat the MBLAQ maknaes once they knew of the impure acts they'd performed together? Would they hate the other three as well... or even Hyung Don and Defconn for allowing such an announcement to be made on the show? And Joon... would he really be so busy and oblivious as to overlook the fact that his Mireu-ah had been knocked-up by his Doongie-ssi...? Or would they be woken up in the middle of the night by an angry phone call and maybe even a broken front door? He shuddered at the thought, not wanting to disappoint or upset his Joonie-hyung, before he moved closer to Thunder, and intertwined their hands behind their backs; all he got in response was a reassuring squeeze, and a small, encouraging smile from the visual, but that was more than enough to ease his overworking heart and lungs, and get him to relax some.

 

His attention soon went back to the conversation at hand between Hyung Don and his other two hyungs, who were laughing over something he'd missed in his mental time away, and gave them all a feigned grin to keep them from worrying over him and stopping the cameras. Thunder seemed lost like him too, and must have been thinking just as hard as he had before he'd taken his hand and interrupted him. That was okay though, because the topic quickly changed to something they could follow along to... which just so happened to be the recent filming Thunder had done for a cameo on a show. Hyung Don looked to him and asked all kinds of questions: funny ones, embarrassing ones, and even some that Thunder avoided answering. Mir just giggled along the whole time and pulled their hands closer behind him, letting their knuckles rest in the dip of his back like they would if they were dancing together.

 

Hyung Don then went on to doing odd impersonations of Thunder, and how impossibly aegyo, yet handsome and y he could be all at once; and the others all agreed—Seungho even went so far as to say that he was jealous sometimes—but as soon as Hyung Don made a move to be the same way, everyone, including the set workers, laughed at him, and told him to leave the job to the MBLAQ visual instead.

 

"Well then, go ahead and show us the real way to be," he motioned to Thunder, who only blushed and declined. Seungho and G.O. encouraged (forced) him forward though, and yelled at him to quit being so humble, and just cater to his fans like a good idol should.

 

"Here, just wink and tell them you love them," Defconn offered, and Hyung Don immediately went into demonstrating the "proper" technique; he was quickly stopped by his co-host though, and was pulled back to stand by the others as Thunder stepped forward—regretfully letting go of Mir's hand—and looked forward into the main camera.

 

His right eyelid slid closed then, and he nodded his head before murmuring out an "I love you" to the audiences at home. His groupmates and Hyung Don burst out into laughter upon his awkward finish, and he quickly moved back to his original place, blushing and wishing for them to move on to someone else.

 

"Wow, you really are all those things in one, Cheondoong-ah," Hyung Don commented after his chuckles had died down, and he clapped his hands in awe of the visual and his stunning looks. "Does this mean you get a lot of girls coming to you all the time?"

 

Thunder reddened more, and shook his head "no"; of course there were always girls going after him, and guys too, but he wanted to refrain from giving away that important fact when he was on TV beside his boyfriend... who happened to be six months pregnant with his baby. He was kind enough to know when to draw the line after all, and could only hope that Mir would be the same way.

 

"You're really cute, but you're boring," Hyung Don suddenly pouted to him, and G.O. and Seungho almost fell to the ground dying of laughter. And Mir giggled along too, but he tried harder to keep from wiggling around a lot and revealing his secret too early. "Fine then... G.O., tell us about your recent recording sessions."

 

G.O. straightened up and adjusted his wrinkled clothing, before he began to ramble on about the songs he'd recorded solo earlier on in the month. And Hyung Don and Defconn listened to him carefully, nodding and giving feedback in the form of jabbing jokes every once in a while, until they finally asked him to sing a sample of one. "I can only do one line," G.O. quickly explained, and the two hosts grew utterly animated over his answer.

 

"Omo, are they really that good?" Defconn asked, taking a surprised step forward.

 

"No," G.O. shook his head, but there was a grin on his face all the same. "Well... maybe, but the real reason is because my manager said I have to wait until the CD is released before I can sample them."

 

"Oh..." Hyung Don nodded his head, but he motioned out to the singer anyways, and encouraged him to give his one line like he'd offered. And G.O. gratefully obliged, putting his all into the four words he released, before he bowed and received the elated applause his groupmates, their hosts, and the studio help gave him in return. "What a great singer..." Hyung Don then commented, stepping up and puffing out his chest like he was going to bust out a word or two; Seungho and Defconn stopped him quickly enough though, and he slunk back into line, feigning a childish pout that made the others cackle again.

 

"Okay, okay," he finally conceded, moving back into the schedule he'd planned earlier on that week when he and Defconn had received the call that MBLAQ would, in fact, be announcing their news on their show. "Let's move on to something else now..." he and Defconn exchanged an amused look, before they threw up their arms and announced for a "Random Dance" segment. The MBLAQ boys clapped in reply, and the older three moved off to the side in preparation of their performance, while Mir carefully slid over to his sunbaes to watch; the risk of getting hurt was too great for him to be able to participate this time around... That was okay though, because he much preferred to watch his hyungs abyssmally fail, than have to join in and look foolish too.

 

"Mireu-ah, you're not joining them today?" Defconn asked him a moment later, pretending to seem confused by the maknae's separation from his group. "Are you hurt or something?"

 

"U-uh... something like that, yeah," Mir nodded, suddenly feeling the strong urge to run over to Thunder and hide behind him. Instead, he just stood close to Hyung Don, and carefully ran a hand over his churning stomach, hoping that the normally odd action had not been picked up by the cameras... or the audiences watching him at home.

 

Hyung Don however, thankfully decided not to dwell on his answer, and proceeded instead to explain what the other three members were going to be doing, and what prizes they would receive if they succeeded. "You just have to dance to five of your songs, and if you can remember them all... meat will be the reward."

 

Seungho made a small noise of victory, while Thunder and G.O. merely bowed their heads and said their thanks. That was when the music suddenly started, and they had to run into their proper formation of "Oh Yeah". Thunder did his solo dance as he mouthed the words to his rap, but just as he got to the middle, the song changed to "Stay". G.O. moved up to the front and sang his piece, while Seungho and Thunder slid around doing their parts in the back. After that came "Y", "Cry", and "This is War", all of which were performed precisely as they had originally been choreographed.

 

And as soon as the music died, Seungho and G.O. jumped up and cheered—they were getting food as a prize after all—while Thunder clapped and laughed at their immature response to winning, even though they were the hyungs.

 

Mir applauded them as well, a smile on his face, before he moved back over to stand beside Thunder on the end; their hands immediately linked together again as soon as he did too, and he nudged a broad shoulder in thanks before the two of them bowed and prepared for the commercial break that Hyung Don was announcing.

 

As soon as the cameras cut for them, Thunder turned to him and touched at his cheek, checking to make sure he was still feeling well enough to keep shooting. "You're not nauseous, are you?" he asked, but Mir only shook his head. "What about dizzy, or light-headed?"

 

"Hyung, seriously, you don't have to keep worrying," Mir chuckled, shooing his hand away. "Yes, I was nervous before, and nauseous, and dizzy... but I feel fine now, I promise."

 

"Are you sure? We can take a break if you need one," Thunder insisted carefully, giving his face another once-over.

 

"We're on a break right now," Mir informed him, teasingly, before he grabbed his hand again and kissed the smooth skin of his knuckle. "And no, I do not need a longer one... I can handle this, hyung, so just... think about what you're going to say when the moment comes, and don't worry about me."

 

Thunder seemed hesitant to listen to him, but he soon backed off and offered a genuine smile. "Okay, I trust you, Mireu... But tell me if anything happens."

 

Mir nodded and let him go off to redo his make-up, not even caring at that point that there were dozens of eyes on him and his abnormally shaped body. He just rubbed over the area where the baby was kicking and sighed instead, before taking a seat in one of the chairs that had been dragged out onto the set for him, his hyungs, and the sunbaes. A patterned blanket was then handed to him by a young girl, and he thanked her graciously as he covered up his middle to hide the bump that only showed more obviously when he was seated.

 

That was when Seungho came over to him, and plopped down in the chair that Thunder would be using once the cameras were rolling again. "Hey, maknae," he said, coaxing Mir to look up at him so he could speak to him properly. "You know that this next part is when we're going to tell them, right? Are you ready for that?"

 

Mir just snorted and nodded his head; were G.O., Hyung Don, and Defconn going to do this too? "Yeah, hyung," he then assured, when Seungho only gave him an odd look in response. "Please, believe me..."

 

The leader sighed, standing up again. "Fine... but when you go crazy in these next thirty minutes, don't say I never asked you anything."

 

"Okay," Mir said, grinning; he then waved to his hyung as he walked away, and went back to rubbing his tummy to soothe the anxious feet kicking him. "We can do this..." he whispered to her, something he had never done before; and he knew must have sounded crazy doing such a thing too, but there was just a weird kind of comfort that washed over him when he did. "We can tell the world about us and appa, and be happy and grow up together as a family... No one is going to stop us, and no one is going to hurt you... I promise..."

 

Another few minutes passed by before Hyung Don, Defconn, and the other three MBLAQ boys came over to him, and they all took their respective seats on the set just as the main cameraman began the countdown to start filming again. When his fingers reached zero, Hyung Don greeted the viewers and reminded them of just who was on the show that night (though they were really recording in the morning), before he motioned to the easel at his side, which held giant information cards on each of the four guest idols. "Three facts are put onto each of these," he stated, laying his hand over the top card to indicate just what he was talking about. "And each of these boys are going to have to demonstrate or explain what each fact means for them."

 

He removed the top card, which was blank, and revealed instead a card that had a picture of Seungho, as well as his name, off to the side, next to a list of three different facts. "Yang-leader," Defconn called to him, and he nodded in acknowledgement, "you're very good at tumbling, as the card says... And the viewers are sure to know that already too, right? Can you show us a move or two though, just to prove that you still can?"

 

Seungho chuckled at the blatant accusation directed at him, but stood up and made ready to prove them wrong anyways. The cameras backed away a meter or so as he prepared to go, and soon he was in the midst of a round-off back tuck, which immediately spawned a din of cheers and whoops in response (and not just from his hosts and groupmates behind him). He then bowed and smiled to the cameras, before going back to his seat and straightening out his jacket.

 

"Okay, so next is..." Hyung Don then said, pointing to the next fact about the MBLAQ leader, "your black hole of a stomach..."

 

Another round of laughter erupted throughout the studio—particularly from G.O. and Mir—causing Seungho to cover his face in his hands and groan in shame. "No..." he tried to protest, finally looking back to Hyung Don and shaking his head. "I do eat a lot, yes... but not as much as everyone says."

 

"No, no, you eat enough for Cheondoong, Joon, and me put together," G.O. countered, slapping a hand on the older's shoulder; Seungho just shot him a glare, but he only smirked that much harder and raised his eyebrows in a way that told the leader he either needed to take the abuse now, or suffer from more later. "He really does eat quite a lot, and all the time too," G.O. then finished, before he sat back again and let Hyung Don continue on in his teasing of Seungho.

 

"Okay, okay, let's go to the last one then, so we can end your suffering, Yang-leader," Hyung Don read over the last fact in his head, and nearly had the chance to jump up and do what the paper had said when Defconn grabbed him and kept him from doing so.

 

"You can beatbox," he said.

 

"Yes I can," Seungho assured. "Do you want to hear?"

 

"Please—go ahead," Hyung Don ushered him on, and he inhaled deeply before making the unnatural sounds tumble from his mouth and out into the studio air. The others clapped along to his beat, and once again applauded him when he ended; a wave to the camera was his thanks as things then moved on to G.O., who looked somewhat nervous over what was going to be mentioned of him.

 

He was relieved however, when his facts were almost... normal, and he graciously went about answering them. The first one had been about his love for cooking (to which Hyung Don then asked whether or not that was why Seungho ate so much; the group leader only blushed and grumbled that much more as a reply); the second one had been about the fact that he'd just shaved his facial hair again, and the reason why he'd done so; and the third and final one had been about TYKEYs, and what had happened to them. And he gave his response to all of them in a mature and calm manner—a complete change to what Seungho had given them—which only helped to make him seem better on camera than even his own leader did.

 

Next in the mix came Thunder, whose first fact was one they'd already gone over during the show: his aegyo, yet y appearance. "We already know this is true, so we can just skip over your example and immediately go to the next one, right?" Hyung Don asked, feigning jealousy of the fact the he'd not been graced with the same talent; there was a chorus of laughter in response—Thunder even joined in too—so he really did as he said he would and moved on to the second fact. "Hm... you've never been on a date before?" he asked, and the deep red blush that came to the visual's face told everyone that that fact was most definitely true...

 

Mir however, knew better than to believe that facade, because he and Thunder had already been on three dates together in their time of being a couple; he just figured the visual was getting nervous because he didn't want to lie and say "no" to their sunbaes, but he also didn't want to come out and tell them that the two of them were together yet either. Mir was quick to dispel that worry in a matter of seconds though, by squeezing Thunder's shoulder to let him know he could go on and lie for now, but would have to fess up later when he was asked again.

 

"N-no, I have never been on a date before..." Thunder stuttered, shaking his head in the negative. "Not on a real one anyways... Maybe for a TV show, but not because I truly wanted to take someone out..."

 

"Oh wow... You really are boring, aren't you?" Hyung Don sighed, and Thunder smiled shyly in return, only shrugging his shoulders as his reply before the last fact was read out for him to hear. "Here we go—maybe this one will make you seem more manly and lively," Hyung Don pointed to the bullet point and smiled. "You can b-boy..."

 

Several women (and maybe even a few men) behind the scenes gasped, and Thunder only darkened that much more when he realized that it was because they found breakdancing attractive. Again, he nodded his head, but when asked to give a demonstration by Defconn, he unfortunately had to decline. "My clothes are too tight today," he murmured, but the sunbaes only laughed at him and motioned for him to go out anyways.

 

"Just do something simple—something that won't rip your clothes," Hyung Don insisted; Thunder aversely obeyed, but stepped out in front of their chairs all the same before dropping down onto his hands so his legs could swing out in a wide circle around his nearly unsupported body.

 

He only made two rotations before he stopped and stood again, but the applause that met him was enough to make him want to run away and hide in embarrassment. "Thank you," he said instead, bowing his body to his onlookers before sitting back down beside Mir.

 

"Omo, that was wonderful," Hyung Don commented. "I wish I could do that..."

 

"So do I," Defconn concurred. "Maybe Cheondoong-ah can properly teach us how at a later date, but as of right now, we still have one more person we need to shame."

 

All eyes fell on Mir, who gulped and chuckled nervously as he reached his hand out once again to grab ahold of Thunder's. This time he knew the camera could see them too, but he was more focused on the fact that he was about to be embarrassed and humiliated in front of his fans... And normally he would have embraced that kind of thing, because that was who he was, but his hormones were telling him a different story this time around, and he knew that he was surely listening to them more in that moment than he was his heart and mind.

 

"Okay, so first is..." Hyung Don moved Thunder's information card away in order to reveal his, and he sighed in relief when he realized that all of the facts were nothing new to him, and far less embarrassing than he thought they'd be, "you're confident in the way your looks..."

 

Mir grinned and nodded his head, before he jumped up out of his chair and turned around—he made sure to move quickly, before anyone could really get a good look at his tummy, and he was also thankful that Thunder's shirt decided to flair out as he did so to help keep him better hidden—to stick his behind out at the cameras. "See, I have a nice one," he stated, smacking a hand to the right cheek as a treat to anyone watching. That was when Hyung Don stood up and moved over alongside him to bend over and show off his backside too, forcing Seungho, G.O., and Thunder to jump up to take a peak at the two of them.

 

"Wow, Hyung Don-sunbaenim's is nicer than yours, maknae," Seungho confessed, and Mir immediately stood up to get a better view of his rival's lower back. "Look, his definitely sticks out more, and is more rounded too..."

 

An adorable pout formed on Mir's lips when he realized that what Seungho had just said was absolutely true: Hyung Don, for once, was better than them at something... and that just so happened to come in the form of owning a nice-looking bottom. "Mine still looks good though, right?" he asked then, nervously, gazing more at Thunder than the others, and the small nod and wink he got in return lightened his mood enough for him to want to move on and chat about the next piece of information on him.

 

"You have an ever-changing personality," Defconn read as he sat down again, and Hyung Don gave the maknae a questioning look in the hopes that he'd elaborate; he did.

 

"My fans say that I go from one extreme to the other a lot, in terms of how I act," Mir explained, and the two hosts nodded in understanding. "I can go from being happy and affectionate in one moment, to y and calm in the next... But I think that I need to be that way sometimes, because then I can cater to all kinds of fans, not just a certain group. And besides, staying the same all the time is boring—you have to switch things up once in a while and act unlike you normally would to stay happy."

 

"That sounded so wise, what you just said," Hyung Don breathed, leaning forward on the edge of his chair. "Since when are you well-educated, Mireu-ah?"

 

Mir just shrugged, offering a rather triumphant smile in reply; that was one way to show off just how cool and wonderful he was to the fans... and his sunbaes too, obviously.

 

"Okay then... And last but not least," Hyung Don slapped his hand to the information card, "you have so many ideal types, there's no way any number of pieces of paper could hold them all."

 

Mir gave out a boisterous laugh, but nodded his head and made to answer anyways. "Yeah, I guess I do have a lot of them," he confessed, before he began throwing out names and groups and reasons why he liked each of them so much. Of course, all of them were girls too, so almost everyone in the studio seemed taken aback by his blatant willingness to say such things when he was in the state that he was. Seungho and G.O. found the idea hilarious though, and kept nudging each other every time another name slipped from the maknae's mouth, until they were wiping tears of joy from their eyes, and holding their stomachs to try to dissipate the sharp pains.

 

Five minutes ticked by and he was still going, changing from one girl to the next as if they were his mangas at home for him to review and fanboy over. And Thunder sat there beside him the entire time, listening carefully and being the good boy that he was, even though each new word out of Mir's mouth made his heart ache more and more. He was saddened, to say the least, that the maknae would do such a thing to him, but there was anger and jealousy hidden inside him as well that threatened to boil over at any second if he had to hear just one more mention of some stupid girl he knew Mir had never really cared about; he was just putting on a playful show to cover up what really interested him, and Thunder was more than ready to draw those curtains on him in order to exact his rightful revenge.

 

"Sunbaenim," he suddenly called to Hyung Don, and Mir paused in his musings to give him an odd look; he avoided the gaze though, and smiled over to their hosts instead. "I have something to say... The real reason we came on this show today was to make an announcement to all of our fans, and I was the one who had volunteered to say something... So can I, please...?"

 

Hyung Don just nodded and motioned for him to continue... which he did, but not before catching a good look at the confused, angered, and scared faces of his groupmates as he opened up to speak again.

 

"Mireu and I... we made a mistake, and the consequence we have to face now will change our lives forever... and not just in our home lives, but our careers' as well... I only ask that you—our fans and viewers—don't hate any of us for what happened... We never meant for it to, and Mireu and I are really sorry for doing to you what we did..."

 

He stood up and pulled Mir along beside him, until they were as close to the cameras as they could get while still having a good shot of their midsections. He gulped then, and nearly told the men operating the reels to cut so he could apologize for what he'd just done. He'd gone out of turn, out of script, and now he was announcing their child in a way he'd never dreamed he would... And Mir, scared out of his mind, was standing there trying weakly to yank his wrist away so they could just go back to laughing about things, instead of being angry and jealous over some stupid facade. But the more he thought about doing that, the more he wanted to just say something—to just blurt out that MBLAQ's real maknae was knocked-up, and that he, their other maknae, had done that to him. But as much as the idea appealed to him, he was still somewhat of a good person, and instead chose to get his revenge in a more appropriate manner, one that would make him and Mir look less like a pair that should be thrown out in the trash, and more like two sorry idols that only wished to be forgiven and accepted again.

 

"W-we... we started dating each other eight months ago," he started up again, feeling a hand grip his forearm in nervousness, and scratch its way into his pale skin. "And we were careless and irresponsible in doing that alone... But then we took things a step further, and now... Mireu and I are going to be parents..."