I

MBLAQ has a Baby

 

The dorm had been quiet all morning, staying completely devoid of anything or anyone who could possibly disturb its peace. Two of its inhabitants had been gone for a while anyways, and the other three—the more responsible ones of the group—were out for an early lunch, since they hadn't had the chance to spend time together in a few weeks; their schedules had been way too busy to allow such a luxury to happen. And the horrid sight of the place surely proved that such a thing was true too, since clothes (dirty and clean) lay strewn across every visible surface, including the couch, kitchen table, and shoe holder by the entrance; dirty dishes piled up all around the kitchen, and in two of the bedrooms as well; animal cages, filled with bedding, food pellets, and dead insects leaked seemingly toxic fumes into what could only be described as the closest thing to hell any living human could get… Well, except to the five who lived there, of course.

 

Minutes ticked by and nothing much changed. A curtain fluttered from the breeze passing in through the living room window, a cricket leg twitched in its dying salute to the world, a dish slipped and clinked on a glass cup… And then all was still.

 

For a few more moments, that is.

 

The main entrance opened slowly, quietly, as if the person on the other side was afraid of someone jumping out at him when he walked in; but he was only met with silence. He slipped inside and shut the door behind him, then kicked his shoes off in order to put on a pair of slippers, before he slunk into the living room, his eyes searching for any sort of life in the darkened dorm. "Hyungs?" he called playfully, hoping to get some sort of reply… at least out of one or two of them; no one answered. "Yah, Joon-hyung, Cheondoong-hyung! Where are you guys?"

 

He stepped over to the closest of the three bedrooms, and peeked his head inside—nothing. Not even a tiny crocodile was there to greet him, meaning that neither Thunder, nor G.O., were inside there either. So he decided to move over past the kitchen, to the only bedroom that housed a single member of their group: their leader. "Seungho-hyung? Where are you?" Nope, no one was in there either. "Joonie-hyung!" he called out as a last resort when he pushed open the last door, the one to his and Joon's bedroom. But just as he'd suspected, the place was seriously lacking in human life.

 

He pouted, puffing his cheeks out in irritation as he flopped back onto the couch in the living room and pulled out his phone. He was going to give those hyungs a piece of his mind for not being there to greet him when he returned… even though he'd come three days early, and without telling them he would too… but that was beside the point. As the maknae, his hyungs had to be there for him no matter what, especially at a time like this.

 

The line rang for a few seconds, only helping to stir his anger more—he was really kind of impatient—but then he heard someone mumble a greeting into the receiver, and the sound of two others talking in the background began to echo back as well. "Seungho-hyung! Why aren't you here to see me?" he whined, laying his free hand across his stomach as he lay back on the comfy cushions; his legs raised up after that, to rest on the backing where their heads usually went.

 

"What are you talking about, Cheolyong?" Seungho replied, sounding more than confused about the vagueness of his sentence. "Are you dreaming or something?"

 

He laughed. "No, I'm sitting here at the dorm right now, alone, waiting for my hyungs to return so I can see them for the first time in three months."

 

There was a pause, in which he could hear Seungho talking to the other two, who eventually called their greetings to him from far away, wherever they were in relation to Seungho's phone. But then the leader was back, sounding excited and worn-out at the same time. He smiled and crossed his legs in victory; he knew he was a handful, and he was proud to admit that he was. "We really missed you, maknae," Seungho said. "We're just going to finish up lunch here, and head back to the dorm as quickly as possible so we can see you. Just be patient until then, okay?"

 

"Hurry," he replied, nodding his head. "I have something to tell all of you anyways. You're going to be surprised, believe me."

 

"We can't wait to hear what you have to say then. Bye."

 

The line went dead, and he clicked the button to shut his screen off before dropping the handheld onto his chest. From there, his hand wandered down to meet with the other, and they both lay atop his stomach, rubbing over the swell that he'd been trying his hardest to hide over the past four months. He was lucky the only people he'd really run into during his time away were his parents, his noonas, and a few of his old friends. But they'd been supportive of him, luckily, and he hadn't had to worry too much about the way he looked when he was out visiting them.

 

But his hyungs were a different story. Being from the country was a lot different than being from the city, or growing up in a different country altogether. He wasn't too sure how they'd take this news, especially since they had to be so careful of their images and reputations in their line of work. He figured though, that if anyone were to stick up for him, it would be Thunder or Seungho. Thunder was understanding of almost everything any of them did—maybe from the fact that he had, actually, grown up somewhere else—and Seungho was their leader, so he had to be just a little sympathetic of what happened with his dongsaengs, even if he didn't like what he was hearing. But he didn't know what to think of G.O. and Joon. Sure, G.O. could be pretty calm and cool in the most unexpected of situations, but he was still kind of… stiff and old-fashioned. For example, even though he'd told the younger ones before that they didn't have to call him so formally all the time, when Joon did it to him in an interview, he got really upset. And when they did that show back around the time of "This is War", that online one, he'd gotten really mad about Joon's cake beating his own in the "romantic" category, even though Joon's had just been a pile of sweets and cake layered together to look like crap.

 

Maybe he just had a thing against Joon though, because that was where his anger was focused most of the time… And that was also who their little maknae was scared of most in this situation. Seeing his hyung looking so put-together and perfect all the time, with his nice abs and arms, and his utter angelic appearance that made all the girls feral… well, that made him feel a little insignificant, and self-conscious… and that had started long before this moment had, when he was sprawled across their couch with his arms trying their hardest to cover up the awful lump protruding from his middle. He didn't want Joon to hate him for being so… disgusting (he figured that was the right word), because he sure wasn't as nice-looking as he'd been before; which, in his opinion, still hadn't even come close to comparing to Joon's appearance. And that darn handsome hyung of his was even more uptight than G.O. was about things. Back during Hello Baby, he'd turn around and yell at Leo for doing the smallest thing wrong. And then he had that dumb thinking chair too, only making the kids hate him more. He said that that was how his parents had raised him, but he needed to remember that they weren't in the time of his childhood anymore, and that, even though they considered Dayoung, Lauren, and Leo a part of their family, they weren't actually their kids, and they couldn't be so harsh on them for getting too excited every once in a while.

 

Not that he'd been much better when he made Dayoung cry for not eating with them… but he'd learned not to be like that anymore—not after they'd seen that professional—especially since Dayoung had the kind of personality that didn't allow for her to be put down like that. And besides, he hadn't really known how to care for children until they'd done that show, so he was damn proud of himself for doing as well as he did.

 

But back to the issue at hand: what were his hyungs going to think of him when they found out about his little (okay, not really that little) protrusion that was stopping him from wanting to even step out of the dorm again… never mind if he had to do another television show or concert? And what about a video? How was he going to be filmed dancing and moving like they always did when he had this stupid lump on him?

 

He sighed out loud, then sat up on the couch again to get more comfortable. The thing was annoying, and not even small enough to hide from a camera, no matter how much editing went on. He figured that he was just going to have to be miserable like this for a while longer, until he either got small again, or was kicked from the group for not being desirable enough for their fans and the J. Tune Camp executives. The problem was that the latter was far more likely to happen, and a lot sooner than the other too.

 

"I'm hungry," he mumbled to himself, his eyes wandering over to the fridge. He might as well get his mind lost again somehow, and what better way than through eating something? Not that they probably had much left, considering the way the rest of the dorm looked, but he figured he'd find something worthy of his stomach if he looked hard enough… though he was usually fine with pretty much anything they had. Joon was more the picky eater, and Thunder too sometimes, but he was a pig, and once again, he was proud to say that he was, because that just made the fans coo over him more, particularly when they took pictures of him stuffing his face, or eating some kind of sweet that they thought made him look more innocent and aegyo than he really was.

 

He pushed up from the couch, and shuffled his way over to the kitchen, his previous excited and playful attitude gone in favor of tired, worried, and upset. He really should have thought things over more in the three days he'd had remaining before he was scheduled to return so they could start stuff up as a group again. He'd told his parents the day before that he'd just been too hyper and anxious about what his hyungs would say to him, that he couldn't wait any longer and just had to go home to them. His mother had seemed a little reluctant of his decision at first, especially since she knew what kinds of personalities the other four had, but she'd given in eventually when his pleading and asking of his noonas to be on his side became too much for her. She'd been outnumbered four-to-one (because his father had been on his side from the beginning), so she gave him a hug, told him to call her if anything went wrong, and waved him goodbye the next morning when he got on the plane to come back to the dorm.

 

Now he really wished he'd listened to her, instead of being one of those people who never obeys their defensive parent in situations such as this, even though he clearly understood that she knew more about the world and its workings than he did.

 

He opened the fridge and peered inside—something smelled off, like his snake had up and decided to die right there in the opened milk carton sitting on the top shelf. He pulled the container out and read the expiration… two weeks passed. He tossed it into the sink with the pile of dishes, and continued to look. There were some interesting things he found then, like the western dishes Thunder had left behind from a restaurant he'd visited with his noona (he could tell because she was the one who'd written his name on the to-go containers, complete with hearts and a pair of kissy lips). He pulled out the plastic and opened the tops to all of them, only to find that three of the four were molded, and smelled just as bad as the milk. He threw them onto the counter next to the fridge, and grabbed a pair of chopsticks from their respective drawer to eat the fourth with.

 

He took a small bite at first, just to test the meal, as he tracked his way back to the couch, but then proceeded to stuff the thing into his mouth as quickly as possible once he realized that it was completely safe (and tasted a lot better than he'd expected too). That only meant that he was done that much faster though, and he laid the container down with a frown when his stomach grumbled for more. He hoped Seungho would have thought to bring him back something from lunch like he always did, or at least have saved some of his leftovers to give to the maknae when he finally showed up… which, he thought, was taking a lot longer than he would have predicted. They lived pretty close to the restaurants they always visited, and he knew that they would be moving a little faster than usual to get there to see him again… They always gave him grief about being annoying and childish, and that they were glad whenever he left; but they were a family, and a family was always happy when a member came home—even if he was the least favored out of the whole group.

 

His eyes slid shut as his back hit the couch backing, and he exhaled deeply, trying to push his impatience and worry out of his mind. So he focused on their music instead, humming (and quite badly) to some of his favorites, then lowly rapping out his and Thunder's parts whenever he reached them. That got old kind of quickly though, and he instead decided to turn on the television and watch something… if anything was on at that time anyways. He couldn't even remember his own schedule half the time, never mind trying to memorize TV schedules. He flipped through a few channels that looked less than interesting, then settled for one that had a cute girl group he used to fawn over on a show, talking about their latest work. But his attention was fast drawn away—just like with the songs—in a matter of moments, and so he leaned forward to shut the television off, only to be stopped when he heard the entrance doorknob turn. The door opened then, and he gulped, waiting for the oncoming confrontation he was about to share with his hyungs.

 

"Cheolyong, we're here!" he heard a voice from the entry way, before the sound of shoes (and several of them) hitting the floor echoed in and hit his ears. He stayed where he was, unmoving and unwilling to answer, because his anxiety level had just skyrocketed; he really didn't know whether to be excited or saddened anymore, and he really didn't know what his hyungs were going to say to him when they found out his secret.

 

"Cheolyong, you're supposed to say something when a hyung calls for you," another voice shouted to him, but he still didn't make a sound. He sat back on the couch and covered himself up with one of their spare blankets instead, so that his stomach was as hidden as possible from them. He cleared his throat then, and was just about to squeak out a reply when he saw Seungho peek his head around the corner of the wall, and give him a smile.

 

"Maknae, you really are here," he said, stepping into the living room fully, along with G.O. and Thunder. Joon must have been off again, doing one of his shows or promotions or whatever… that wasn't necessarily a bad thing though, Mir figured.

 

"Hey," he replied, nodding his head at the three of them; Seungho rolled his eyes and moved over to the couch, next to him, to pull him up by his shirt and into his arms. He held his breath when their bodies pressed together, close enough so that anyone would be able to feel that something just wasn't right, but the leader appeared to be too wrapped up in the fact that Mir was home again to notice. Once they were apart again though, and the blanket had slipped its way onto the floor, the older three had to pause and stare at him, confusion written all over their faces.

 

"Cheolyong…" G.O. cocked his head to the side, his gaze trained intensely on the odd bump their maknae was sporting. "You uh… well, you've gotten a little big, don't you think?"

 

"Hyung, that's not very nice to say," Thunder scolded from beside him, even though his own focus was on nothing more than the unexpected change in his dongsaeng. "And I'm sure he's going to tell us about this anyways, so we shouldn't just push him for information like he's a criminal or something."

 

"That's true," Seungho nodded, "but we are his hyungs… so he should probably start informing us on what's going on right now, before we get too far into our greetings," he shrugged his shoulders at the nervous-looking maknae, and coaxed him to turn back to them so he could explain. "Cheolyong," he murmured, "please…"

 

"I-I…" the youngest sounded just as distraught as he appeared, but a reassuring hand on his shoulder, and three comforting smiles from his hyungs gave him the courage to take in a deep, calming breath, and finally decide to just come out and say what he had to. "Hyungs, well… I'm pregnant…"

 

Silence enveloped the room, and none of the four found enough brain power to form a sentence in explanation or questioning. They just stood there, scared and dumbfounded and seeming more and more like idiots than they usually did. But then Seungho, being the leader and oldest of the group, found his voice again, and repeated the simple sentence back to them; only he was asking instead, as if he was skeptical, because really, who wouldn't be when their young maknae returned to them after three months apart and just up and told them that he's expecting? And as a male, no less, who was in a famous pop group, and who couldn't afford to risk his career on something as life-changing as a child.

 

"Yeah," he said shyly, turning his face away from them. They didn't really seem to believe him, but he soon reached out and confirmed his declaration by putting Seungho's hands on his stomach, where a foot pressed out to greet them. "See, I'm telling the truth," he mumbled, waving G.O. and Thunder over to feel as well, though only one other pair of hands joined them in their little exploration.

 

"Okay, I think I believe you," Seungho breathed, moving his hands around to chase after the wandering foot, and G.O. followed too, letting his fingers press back in a gentle reply when an elbow jabbed his palm.

 

"Here, this is easier," Mir sat back on the couch again, and guided his two hyungs to follow so they could get a better feel for the child moving around inside him. "So what do you think? Do you hate me for being like this?" he then asked, praying that the answer wasn't one he'd regret hearing later on.

 

Seungho sat back then, shaking his head. "We could never hate you, Cheolyong," he said, his hand patting at the maknae's knee for added reassurance. "We may be a little disappointed to learn that you weren't responsible enough to keep yourself distanced from this sort of situation, but we can't hate you for doing what you do. Besides, I feel like this is my fault, in a way. I should have kept a better eye on you, and taught you what you needed to know in order to stay clear of these kinds of consequences."

 

G.O. nodded in concurrence, but then his face changed to that of a questioning look, and Mir gulped at the thought of what his singing hyung would ask him. "Cheolyong, if you're like this, then who is the other parent? You must have had to look hard into your schedule to find the time to meet up with a boyfriend or someone in order for this to happen."

 

Mir squeezed his eyes shut—he knew this was going to happen, and he didn't want to throw the other person under the bus, but then again, he couldn't just ignore his hyungs and walk away… Not when they were already so deep into the topic, and were so accepting of the fact that he was in such a troublesome situation… "Well, actually, I didn't have to look too far…" he confessed, his eyes glancing up to look at the fourth person occupying the room.

 

Thunder looked like he was going to be sick when he realized that Mir was, in fact, referring to him, but he only turned his head away from them, and continued standing there in silence, his eyelids squeezed closed.

 

"Doongie is the appa?" Seungho asked, sounding almost skeptical of the idea that his two youngest bandmates could be the most advanced in ual encounters and their consequences; but Mir nodded his assurance, and curled in close to hide his stomach from them, almost as if he thought they'd harm him for telling them that he'd slept with their visual. What he received instead was a light chuckle, another pat on the knee, and a hand mussing his hair (the first hand was Seungho, the second was G.O.).

 

"I guess this is just how things go sometimes, right?" G.O. sighed as he stood up from the floor and straightened out his jeans. "But what are we going to do about work? Cheolyong obviously can't be doing live shows in this state, and we don't know how open J. Tune is about children being conceived through these types of relationships. They may very well just fire him, and Cheondoong, when they discover what's going on, and then anyone who knows us will remember what they did, and what resulted from their carelessness."

 

"We can leave that up to Bear-hyung," Seungho replied, waving his hand at his main singer in a dismissive manner. "Right now, we just need to think about what we're going to do with Cheolyong. He's probably tired after his flight back, and I don't want him in his room alone…" his eyes flashed dangerously at Thunder, who only seemed to slink away from him more than before. "And I think it would be best right now if you two weren't near each other. This whole thing started because of you being alone together, so maybe if you and G.O. just stay in your own room, and Cheolyong and I share his and Joon's room, then we can settle this in the morning, publicity-wise, with hyung. How does that sound?"

 

"I'm fine with that," Mir yawned, stretching up along the couch backing until his aching muscles relaxed once more. "That flight earlier really took the energy out of me. And waiting for you three to get back here only made me bored, so of course I'm tired from that too…" he pushed his way off the couch, and walked away towards his bedroom. "Let's just go to sleep for now, and talk more tomorrow…"

 

"Cheolyong, the afternoon's only just started," G.O. stated, laughing. "We're going to be up and about for a while longer, but Seungho will be in to check on you soon. Be careful, okay?"

 

"Yeah, yeah, I know," replied Mir, pausing outside his door to look back at his three hyungs. "I've gotten a lot better when it comes to kids, remember? And I promised myself back when I found out that I would do better as a parent this time around, because I don't want to upset it the way I did with the other three…"

 

"Good for you then, maknae," Seungho smiled. "Now go on to bed, and just call us if you need anything."

 

Mir yawned another time, and padded his way into his shared room with Joon, before closing the door behind him to block out the lights and sounds of the living room. Things went silent after that for a few minutes, with G.O. and Seungho exchanging quizzical glances—all of which explained more to them than anyone else could have guessed—and throwing hardened stares at Thunder. He remained timid the whole time, cringing nervously whenever one of them made a sudden movement near him, or cleared their throat to restore the attention back on them.

 

Seungho though, was once again the first one to speak, and he had to hold a hand to his forehead just to make sure he wasn't actually going crazy when the words began to flow from his mouth. "We took that a little too easily, don't you think?" he murmured, casting his gaze up to G.O., who only shrugged in reply.

 

"Cheolyong may be crazy and hyper and annoying, but he's also loyal and respectful. He wouldn't lie to us about this sort of thing, and he certainly wouldn't go around telling people his privacy like it means nothing. He came to us with this for a reason, and we should be happy that he did. He trusts us to know what to do to help, because we're his hyungs, and us overreacting would have only made things harder on him. Plus, I don't think being yelled at when you're pregnant is really something doctors would recommend… So even though we're kind of… upset about what he and Cheondoong did, we can't really lose our temper…"

 

Seungho exhaled long and loud, and dropped his hands back to his sides. "Yeah, you're right," he conceded, "but I still think we should have at least scolded him a little for waiting so long to tell us. He didn't look all that small, you know."

 

"From what I've seen before, his size means he could anywhere between four and seven months," explained G.O. "But he's only been gone from us for three months… which means that he must have been pregnant before he went back to visit his parents—we just didn't know at that point, because he'd stayed too small for us to notice."

 

"Do you think he knew back then?" Seungho asked, kicking one of his slippers against the wood floor beneath them. "Do you think he would hide this from us for so long, because he didn't think we'd be supportive?"

 

G.O. dropped his gaze, and pushed his hands into his jeans' pockets. His fingers fiddled with the thin lining there, distracting him only momentarily before he looked back to his leader and sighed. "To be honest, I don't even know what Cheolyong thinks of us half the time. One moment he's hugging and kissing us like we're in some kind of romance movie, and the next he's pouting and telling us we're all a bunch of stupid jerks who can't let him live his life properly, even though he's a grown-up."

 

"I guess the only answer is to have him tell us himself then," finished Seungho. His gaze quickly refocused after that, landing on Thunder; the visual maknae winced and turned his face away. "You heard me before though, right?" he asked, and Thunder nodded as much as he dared. "Just stay away from him—no looking at him, no talking to him, and no touching him, alright? The time will come again when you can, but since we just found this out now… and we're still trying to deal with the very thought, even you, I think it would be better if you just stayed separated. And if I find out you did otherwise, I'm going to find a very severe punishment to serve, got that?"

 

Thunder nodded again, before slinking past his two hyungs in order to take a seat on the couch. He pulled out his phone and texted Dara then, for some reinforced noona comfort (he made sure to leave out the part about him and Mir becoming parents, of course), but he'd only gotten to about his third or fourth message when a hand popped up in front of his face, leading up to nothing other than the stern expression of his leader. "No phones either," he added, curling his fingers up to show just where he wanted the device to go.

 

"But this isn't him—I'm just texting Noona," Thunder defended, holding the device tight in his hands.

 

"You have Cheolyong in your contacts though, right?" Seungho pushed back. "And you told me that you've memorized his number, right? Then that means no phones—not mine, not G.O.'s, not yours. And when Joon gets back—"

 

He stopped when the cell dropped into his hand, and he instead bowed his head. "Thank you," he said, stuffing the vibrating thing into his back pocket. "And I'm sure Sandara-noona will understand if you don't answer her right away. She knows how busy our schedules are, and hers is just as hectic."

 

G.O. hung back from the scene and bit his cheek. He didn't really agree that everything should be taken away from Thunder, just because of something he and Mir had done nearly half a year before. Sure, he should be punished, and sure, most of the punishment came in the fact that he was soon going to be an appa, but taking his phone away was a bit too harsh, and keeping him from his boyfriend (maybe) and child was just… well, cruel.

 

But Seungho was the leader, and what he said to do, all of them obeyed… even when he was four against one.

 

His thoughts wandered away from there, thinking instead of how quickly and easily they had taken to the idea of Mir being pregnant, and so far along too. He was their little maknae, and Thunder was their other… tall, but by no means less naïve and innocent maknae, and for either of them to come out and confess that they'd done something as scandalous as getting pregnant (or getting someone else pregnant) was something G.O. figured they'd have a lot harder time believing, never mind accepting.

 

And how could they have just taken in Mir's confession without questioning him further to find out everything they wanted to know? How far along was he? When did he and Thunder find the time to meet alone and make a child? How had he hidden his weight gain from them and the rest of the world? When had he discovered his predicament for himself? Why hadn't he told them sooner, or at least gone to Thunder earlier with the news? The poor boy had been more shocked than his hyungs when he'd heard the confession, and he'd seemed kind of… upset to find out that he hadn't been confided in earlier, since his baby was what lay inside their maknae. And now that everything was gone from him, he looked lost—like his thoughts were all he had to use, and they kept giving him things he didn't necessarily want to think about at the moment. He looked scared, and nervous, and hurt, and all kinds of negative… G.O. didn't like to see that about his dongsaengs, especially not ones as timid and shy as their precious Thunder. He was a strong young man, yes, but half the time he looked like he could break down and cry his heart out at the simplest of things. He'd never done so before, but just the mere thought made G.O. want to go over and comfort him until he smiled again.

 

He figured Thunder had a right to be so jumpy though; he knew he would be too if he'd just discovered that he was going to have a child with another man, who also happened to be his bandmate, and who also decided to wait until halfway through the pregnancy to tell him the news. He was actually surprised to see that their visual maknae was taking the whole thing so maturely and calmly—though he was being a lot quieter than usual—because he would have expected him to at least scold Mir, or even burst out in anger for being kept in the dark over their baby's conception. But no, he was keeping cool, taking in deep breaths and exhaling them through his mouth like he was dizzy and about to faint.

 

And Seungho wasn't making things any easier by muttering to himself about just how blind he'd been to his own maknaes' carelessness. "How could I have missed this whole thing between them?" he asked just loud enough for the other two to hear, though Thunder seemed too wrapped up in his own head to notice what the words actually meant. "Dongsaengs don't just start being intimate out of the blue, Yang Seungho, they have to build up to it first… And you completely missed that, you babo."

 

G.O. shook his head, then glanced about the place as if he were looking for a missing object to his affections. They really needed to clean, more so Joon and Mir than anyone, but he knew that they'd never do such a thing—not willingly anyways, and he didn't like having to go back and forth with them every time he said something, so he'd just have to rely on Thunder the next time they got a day off together (which he figured was tomorrow), because he knew his visual maknae was more than happy to help him, even when he was on the verge of tears, or a nervous breakdown.

 

The singer bent down and picked up a t-shirt that he knew was his but hadn't dropped there, and trudged his way back to his shared room with Thunder. He closed the door behind him once he was inside, stepping over his dirty clothes' basket—in which he'd dropped the shirt—before he flopped back on his bed and stared up at the ceiling. Somehow, he realized then, nothing like this had ever crossed his mind before; he'd never dreamed that the MBLAQ group could be put into such a situation, where two of its members were seeing each other, having a baby together; and at a young age, out of wedlock, while they were in the middle of the idol world, and while living in a house with three other men. Then again, such a thing wasn't too common for them. Maybe in other countries, where even just liking someone wasn't such a scandal, did these kinds of situations occur more often, but for idols like them, well, he had to say that he'd only heard of one other case of this kind of thing happening… But then again, hearing that a "she" was pregnant over a "he" was more acceptable in the public eye, so she hadn't been put down and berated nearly as hard as he knew Mir, and eventually Thunder, would be. But that was why he and the other two needed to be there for them every step of the way, to make sure their little family survived the onslaught of angry fans, managers, and other idols that was sure to come once the news got out to them. As hyungs, they had a duty to protect their maknae, and that was precisely what they intended to do… even at the expense of their own careers.