The Nerd, the Shopping Spree and the Chance

A Day in Teacher Sooyoung's Life

Choi Sooyoung always loved her free time. It only meant that she has more time to laze around and maybe, actually do things she planned, like getting a facial, cleaning the apartment, or become famous online. But as always, she would be stuck in doing nothing but laze around. Thing is, the situation right now is different. Oh how she wished that she had something to do. Shim Changmin was invading her thoughts and it was not good.

What she decided to do was, change her clothes, grab her phone and start dialling Yeonhee's number. She hoped that her friend will have her do something interesting enough to keep her thoughts from the long-legged man.

"So how is this interesting again?" Sooyoung asked her friend who was comfortably seated on the leather chair opposite her.

Yeonhee put her latte on the table and resumed reading the newspaper. "We are relaxing. That's what." She told her friend without even bothering to look at her dumbfounded face. "You said you wanted to do something. You didn't specify that you wanted to do something that requires a lot of energy."

Sooyoung scrunched up her nose as she stared at the slice of blueberry cheesecake. Having nothing to do but sit, eat and drink coffee, maybe even read a magazine, she chose to stare at the cake. She moved the dessert a little farther from her, placed her elbows on the table and started a staring competition with the said entity.

And then, it came, again. Sooyoung looked up from the screen of her phone and onto the person behind the books. The boy had less books today, she noted. He was catching his breath. "Sooyoung-ssi..." he called her name once more. He stared at her, mostly on her lips. Her pink lips, full and inviting. Without the usual hesitation, he leaned in closer to her and felt a hand on his left cheek, making him jerk to his side.

"What do you think you're doing?" She almost screamed. The boy blushed. Well, she did see a small hint of red on his cheeks, both cheeks.

He stopped. "Uh..." He forgot the very reason why he suddenly took off library duties and chased after her. To kiss her? No, that wasn't it. And then he remembered the small weight in his pocket. He quickly took it out, not wanting to make her think that he's a creeper of any sort. "Y-you forgot your tamagotchi." He said, handing the small egg-like device to her.

"Oh! Uh, thanks..."

"Changmin. Shim Changmin." He told her his name. He wanted her to remember it. But alas, she didn't even care about him or his name.

"Uh yeah, thanks Shim Changmin!" She told him and left hasitly, not wanting to spend anymore time with a person she now labeled as a nerd, geek and weirdo. Yes, weirdo for trying to kiss her.

"Yah!" Yeonhee hit her arm with the newspaper. "What are you doing?"

"I was having a staring competition with the cheesecake and I was winning." She glared at her. She was not really angry at her for distracting her, she was thankful. The glare was just used to channel her regret, unfortunately Yeonhee didn't know that.

Yeonhee let out a sigh. "Fine, finish your food and then we'll go shopping." Her eyes brightened. She loved shopping, especially with Yeonhee. Shopping with Yeonhee only meant one thing: FREE!

If Sooyoung only had enough artistry with words, she could have made a whole album about shopping with Yeonheee. She paid for everything. The shoes, bags, clothes, even Sooyoung's clothes.

So with that prospect in mind, our dear Teacher Sooyoung gobbled up the obstacle that was in the way of her and Lee Yeonhee's once-in-a-blue-moon Shopping spree. Yeonhee simply watched her with her latte, chuckling to herself.

Little did Sooyoung know that she would start cursing her luck or maybe her past life after they left the cafe. Maybe she was a criminal in her past life for her to receive a fate like this, she didn't know. But she did know that Shim Changmin was haunting her.

Because a few steps from the cafe, she saw the dreaded being, hand in hand with a woman. An extremely beautiful woman, she noted. Somehow, the green monster inside her suddenly took over and made her blood boil. The couple were all smiles, clearly, they were happy and they looked good together.

On that afternoon, Choi Sooyoung just bid her chances with the gorgeous daddy Shim goodbye.

 

 

n/a:

I'll really try to update this week, I mean lots of updates 8D

Its exam week this week so I have a lot of time. WOOOT~

but really, my brain's not functioning properly these days for

me to come up with a pretty decent chapter. Is this decent

enough for you guys? Let me know pleaseeee?

all-nostalgia: You don't want unli samgyeopsal?

casettetapesxo: Glad to hear that! I'll try~~

 

Thank you for reading ~~