Chapter 11

A Day in Teacher Sooyoung's Life

Sooyoung bit her lip. Never had she imagined that she would stand there in the middle of September, contemplating on the same question asked by the exact same man years ago.

 

"Will you go out with me?" The tall, lanky boy asked shyly. Although she saw the nice guy behind all the books and the black rimmed glasses, she wouldn't change her mind, not a tiny bit.

She was heartless, she knew that. But the boy seemed a little too desperate for her and she didn't want any of that. No, she didn't a clingy boyfriend nor a clingy date. Sooyoung looked him in the eye with her most sincere eyes, she gave him an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry."

 

Now that he has raised the same question under different circumstances, she wasn't quite sure if she could give him the same answer. She likes him. That was the difference from before and now. She looked into his hoping eyes. He had been waiting for this; for her. And to make things harder, she remembered what Yeonhee told her on the ever of her first day, 'You can't date a student's parent.' She frowned.

Changmin saw it and sighed. "Are you going to say no again?" A small pout forming on his lips. He was going to use aegyo if the situation deemed appropriate. He was not going to take no for an answer, never again.

"No! It's not like that!" She exclaimed, waving her hands frantically. She didn't want to make another mistake.

A smirk took the place of the pout, "Then you're saying that you'd like to go out on a date with me?" He adjusted his hold on his daughter who was still very focused on her wafer, taking small bites.

Sooyoung blushed, "You're not letting me finish!" The man simply chuckled at her. She puffed her cheeks, glaring at him. "I'm not allowed to date a student's parent." She looked at her fingers, hiding the growing blush on her cheeks. "That's why I cannot go out on a date with you."

"So you you really do like me!" He grinned like a boy who just found out that his parents are buying him the newest Hot Wheels or something, while the woman continued to grow redder.

She braced herself and looked him in the eye and said, "Yes. I do like you, so what?"

The man chuckled in amusement. The woman crossed her arm and cleared , eyeing him dangerously. "Why don't we all get in the car?" He offered; Hwayoung was getting heavy, rather, he was getting tired of carrying the three-year old. After all, with the appetite she got from him, she would be anything but light. He really didn't wait for her answer and slipped his fingers between hers. He mused at the softness of her hand and how it felt so right, his hands laced between hers. He smiled contentedly.

 

 

Choi Sooyoung looked at herself in front of the mirror. For the first time in a long time, she was nervous for a date. She didn't know if the curls at the end of her low ponytail was enough to exude an innocent, lady-like romanticism with the lace top, skirt and pair of floral printed wedges she wore. If anyone were to come in, they would probably tell her how pretty she looked. But she would still feel that something is off. Was it because she was going out with Shim Changmin that nothing seems to be perfect?

With uneasiness lingering, she chose to get her satchel and head out. There was nothing she couldn't do anything if she didn't know what the problem was, right? According to Shim Changmin's plan; yes she had the "Daddy Shim" nickname discarded, afraid that he would hear her again; they were supposed to bump into each other somewhere near the mall entrance, west wing at around lunchtime. So that ever someone were to see them together, they could just say that they bumped into each other.

And true enough, it was almost 12 noon when Sooyoung literally bumped into Changmin. The two were busy texting, looking into their phones not to notice that they were already in front of each other. "Sorry." The two apologized at the same time.

Seeing each other, they broke into a sheepish grin. "So, you could say my plan worked." He chuckled lightly, scratching the back of his head. He kept his gaze on her. She looked beautiful. Choi Sooyoung was already beautiful to begin with, and well, to Changmin, beautiful was an understatement. And looking at his clothes, a black long-sleeved shirt with thin white stripes, a pair of white pants and loafers, he was a bit underdressed.

"It's because you weren't using your eyes properly Mr. Shim." Sooyoung retorted, walking by his side to enter the establishment.

"Mr. Shim? Whatever happened to Daddy Shim huh, Ms. Choi?" He teased.

"What are you talking about Mr. Shim?" She denied but oh, she was dying of embarrassment inside. 'So he did hear me!' She thought. 'Wait, I didn't mention anything about Daddy Shim yesterday.' She recalled her "conversation" with Hwayoung. and then it hit her, Yeonhee must have said something. Oh she was definitely going to get it. 

"Someone told me that for the one and only Choi Sooyoung, I go by the name of Daddy Shim." He stepped in front of her, leaning towards her, a smug grin plastered on his face. Oh yes, Lee Yeonhee was definitely going to get it. "And what was that you told my daughter yesterday? Something about a nice boyfriend like your dad, was it?" Ah that look just irritated her even more.

"Yah!" She hit him on the arm with her bag, making the man wince. "Are we on a date or are you going to spend the whole day annoying me?" She almost screamed at him.

"Since my plan isn't on the choices you gave," He held her hand and pecked her lips. "We're on a date." He grinned before taking her lips for all the world to see.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I'm really sorry for the late update. I know I've been slacking but my favorite student dropped out of school at the start of September and well, work caught up with me. And now that I'm in the mood to write, I'm having this migraine for two days now when I've been sleeping 6-8 hours everyday. Weird, yes. Maybe I should just go and blame the heat. :| And I'd like to share with you guys the good news, I'M GOING BACK TO UNI THIS COMING SEMESTER~ :3

And I'm leaving the date to you guys because I do not, for the life of me, goes on a nice romantic date :)) I fail in life, yes I know haha. And I'm just happy a lot of you liked the previous chapter.Hope you'll like this as much :D