03

How King Luhan Met His Queen

03

"Hello Minhee."

Luhan holds his hand out and helps Minhee hop off the gandola. Minhee's eyes wander around some more, taking the beautiful scene in front of her and trying to save it into her mind.

"So I see Jongin isn't with you," Luhan states and smiles at her. Minhee blushes from being spoken to by the Crown Prince.

"Ah, he is still recovering from shock. Please excuse him Prince Luhan," Minhee tells him.

"Luhan."

"What?"

"Just call me Luhan."

Minhee smiles at him. Luhan was nothing Minhee expected. He seemed so sweet and playful. He didn't seem arrogant at all like what all the boys had said. Minhee learns that the boys in the village probably labeled Luhan "arrogant" out of jealousy.

"Yes, Pr- I mean L-Luhan," Minhee stutters. Luhan chuckles at her cuteness. Then Minhee's cheeks heat up again because she notices that Luhan is still holding her hand. The harp plays softly in the background. Luhan shoots her another smile.

"Would you do me the honor of dancing with me?" Luhan asks.

"Oh but I've never..." Minhee trails off, embarrassment painting her cheeks a rosy red color once again.

"Just follow me," Luhan smirks.

So Minhee does and they dance around in circles to the music of the soft harp. Luhan leads Minhee well and both actually start to feel comfortable around each other. Soon, they are seated at the tables and are enjoying the meal that the royal chef has prepared. Minhee and Luhan are laughing and enjoying each other's company; all the while, slowly falling for each other.

"So, Jongdae throws the tomato and it hits Junmyeon right on the face!" Luhan continues his story about throwing tomatoes with his fellow princes, causing the two to burst into laughter again. Minhee wipes a tear out of her eyes, a smile beautifully on her face.

"Luhan you are too funny! I think... I'm falling for you," Minhee blurts out. Silence overtakes them, only the sound of the playing harp filled the night. Minhee blushes.

"Actually, I've fallen for you ever since I first set my eyes on you," Luhan admits. By now, the two hearts were beating unbelievably fast.

After finishing their dinner, Luhan takes Minhee's hand again and they dance once again. While dancing, Luhan secretly gives a signal and fireworks light the sky. When the first one pops, Minhee gets frightened and instinctively jumps closer to Luhan.

When Luhan looks down at her, almost at the same time as Minhee looks up at him, they notice the close proximity of their lips. They felt each other's warm breathes ghost over their faces. Minhee stares into Luhan's beautiful eyes and vice versa.

And so... Slowly like the arrow of a ticking clock, the distance closes until both experience the sparks and softness of each other's lips.

"Ewww!" Hyunwoo says then giggles, "Umma and Appa making kissy faces? Even from before? Yuck!"

Luhan and Minhee laugh.

"Alright little Prince, go to sleep," Minhee says, kissing her son's forehead. Luhan tucks him in more and kisses his son's forehead as well before picking up Hana.

Together, they tuck in Hana as well before retiring to their own rooms.

"I can't believe I fell for you on the first day I met you," Minhee whispers.

"Oh come on, I'm a hottie," Luhan winks at her, causing Minhee to laugh.

"I love you," Luhan mutters, a blissful smile on his face. Minhee smiles back.

"I love you too."

And once again, they put their lips together ever so softly.