002- Version A

Open Arms

 

002: Softly you whisper, you’re so sincere / How could our love be so blind?

 

 

You may know kiss the bride.”

Luhan wiggled his eyebrows at the woman in front of him, causing her to bend over in laughter. Once she returned to her normal position, Luhan grabbed her delicate face and planted soft kisses on her lips.

I’ll love you forever Mrs Xi”

Jessica smiled at the sound of ‘Mrs Xi’ from Luhan’s lips, “I love you too…husband”

Luhan pulled Jessica into his embrace before picking her off the ground and twirled her in the air. The wedding guests erupted in laughter as they watched the young lovers enjoy their little moment.

 

Days have passed since Luhan’s and Jessica’s wedding and the two are really enjoying their new life together. The newlywed was at the airport waiting for their flight to Australia to enjoy their honeymoon. One by one, Jessica bid goodbye to her eight members and her younger sister, Krystal.

Aigoo, Krystal. Take good care of yourself while unnie is gone ok?”

Krystal pulled her sister into a bear hug and kissed both her cheeks, “You don’t have to worry about me. Just remember to enjoy yourself”

And Luhan oppa, you better look after my sister. If she comes back bruised and battered, I swear I will personally rip all your hair out” Krystal warned her brother-in-law.

Luhan gulped and quickly used his hands to shield his hair from Krystal, “Jeez, so violent. Just like your sister”

Kai walked up to them and softly punched Luhan’s right arm, “Don’t say that about my princess. Krys is a nice and loving girl alright?”

Krystal giggled as she wraps her arm around Kai, “My prince charming” She stated before pecking him on the lips.

Jessica gagged and tried to separate the two, “Don’t ever kiss each other whilst in front of me. No, don’t even touch each other. I still can’t wrap my head around the idea of my baby sister finally dating”

Luhan chuckled and wrapped his arm around his wife to comfort her, “Baby, she’s old enough to be dating. Plus, Kai isn’t that bad”

Sica, stop being a worry wart. You’re gonna get grey hair soon if you keep stressing” Taeyeon chipped in which earned a glare from the ice princess. Baekhyun decided to step in before two eldest members of Girls’ Generation started bickering in public. He ushered his Taeyeon away to go grab some snacks for his and her members.

 

Seohyun was the last to be greeted before Jessica had to hop onto her plane. The younger girl was awfully quiet and distant for the past few days. Jessica had noticed that Seohyun would be her bubbly self when she was with other members but as soon as Jessica stepped into the scene, Seohyun would back away and exclude herself from the group. The newly married woman frowned as she spotted her lovely member by herself on the seats, her earphones stuffed in both her ears.

Maknae-ah…” Jessica approached sweetly.

Seohyun looked up and gave a questioning look at Jessica, “What?”

The bitterness in Seohyun’s voice was enough to make the Ice Princess gulp.

Unnie is leaving soon… remember to take good care of your health okay? Don’t stay up too late studying and don’t go for your morning jogs without the other unnies. I’ll miss you”

Jessica reached out to give the younger girl a brief hug but was pushed away when Seohyun snorted, “I don’t need to be told that. I’m old enough to know how to take care of myself”

Jessica was speechless. She had never received such cold treatment from her members and she didn’t expect the sweet and adorable Seohyun to be the first to do so. Jessica wanted to question Seohyun about her sudden change of behaviour but was disrupted when Tiffany started yelling for her,

Jung… I mean Xi Jessica! Mrs Xi! Get your over here before you miss your flight!”

Jessica glanced over at Seohyun, who had returned to what she was doing before, and ran towards her husband. Once she felt Jessica was no longer beside her, Seohyun watched the older girl being embraced by her husband. Tears evolved in her eyes as she watches Luhan affectionately kisses Jessica. The way his eyes turned into crescents when he was around Jessica and how happy he seemed was enough to tear Seohyun’s heart into two.

I thought you loved me… Xi Luhan…” Seohyun softly whisper to herself as she made her way towards the exit of the airport.

 

Luhan held onto Jessica’s hand as he led her towards their gate. He looked back at s and smiled before doing a quick scan of the airport. He felt slightly disappointed when he couldn’t find her. His attention reverted back to his wife, who was tugging on his shirt,

I love you,” Jessica sincerely whispered.

Luhan couldn’t help but smile at the adorable and beautiful angel in front of him. He leaned closer to help and kissed her softly on the lips,

I love you. And only you” This was enough to send Jessica over the moon. One minute ago, she was fatigued, tired and concerned about Seohyun. But that one sentence from Luhan was enough to re-energize her. He was like her personal vitamin. However, guilt started to bite onto Luhan’s conscious as he observes the gleeful woman beside him.

I’m sorry…” He whispered to himself.

 

The long flight from Seoul to Australia was finally over. Luhan open his eyes at the sound of the captain’s announcement and glance beside him. There, his wife was peacefully sleeping with a smile on her face. Not wanting to wake her up, he quietly buckled her up and gently pushed her head so she was resting on his shoulders. Soon after they landed, Luhan carried his sleeping beauty towards the taxi while a kind elderly man offered to carry his and Jessica’s luggage towards the taxi for Luhan. Finally reaching their hotel, Luhan decided to join his wife for a nap before deciding what to do first on their honeymoon.

Luhan woke up the next morning but refused to open his eyes. Using his arm, he fished around the bed searching for his wife. All he wanted at that moment was to cuddle with his Jessica, but to his dismay the spot next to him was rather cold and empty. Quickly flashing his eyes open, he looked around the unfamiliar room for his wife. Nothing. No sign of any living human. He then shifted his eyes towards the coffee table where some breakfast was placed then Jessica stepped out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around her body.

Good morning baby. I called in-room service to prepare our breakfast” Jessica informed him as she approached her sleepy husband. The latter smiled as he wraps his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. He inhaled the strawberry scent from her body wash then placed butterfly kisses on her neck.

I don’t want to go anywhere today. Can’t we just spend the day together on this bed?” Luhan whined, using his aegyo-voice to persuade her.

We can decide on the agenda later. Go eat before the food go cold”

No” Luhan pouted. Jessica chuckled and pinched his cheeks softly,

You’re not hungry?”

Luhan smirked and harden his grip on her waist, “I’m hungry for something else”. Luhan wiggled his eyebrows and pulled the blanket over them.

Today’s going to be a long day,” Jessica thought to herself before screaming inaudible things.