Final

Unreturned Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

unreturnedaffection

 

 

“Sehun Oppa!” Minah called excitedly.

 

“Oh hey.” Sehun smiled.

 

“Oppa! Let’s go on a date!” Minah smiled widely while clinging to Sehun.

 

“Oh, where does my baby girl want to go?” Sehun laughed while pinching Minah’s nose.

 

“Yah. Oppa, I’m not a baby!” Minah pouted while Sehun just laughed.

 

“Okay. You’re not a baby, I get it.” Sehun smiled while raising his hands in defeat.

 

“But I’m Oppa’s baby!” Minah mumbled and giggled quietly while blushing, and, she ran away. Unfortunately, Sehun heard it clearly and grinned.

 

“Yah! Park Minah! Come back here!” Sehun shouted while running after her, earning stares from the people walking by the park.

 

 

***

 

 

“Yah Luhan-ah! What are we going to do now? It seems like Sehun-ssi really likes Minah now.” Jaemin asked while having her arms crossed over her chest.

 

“I don’t know.” Luhan said while hanging his head down, away from the scene he just saw.

 

“Luhannie, as your friend, I want to help you. So mind to tell me why you want to continue this ‘stalking’ thing?” Jaemin placed a comforting hand over Luhan’s shoulder, reassuring him that she was there for him.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe I like Minah so damn much that I’m doing this.” Luhan sighed while looking at Jaemin.

 

“Luhannie, stop hurting yourself. Why don’t you just man up and confess to her?”

 

“I can’t. You know I can’t,” Luhan said. “Because that would just mean that I’m going to betray my best friend’s trust.”

 

 

***

 

 

Days have passed and Sehun never saw Luhan in school. Sehun can’t actually wait to tell his best friend that he and Minah have officially dated each other. But, too bad, because that was the actual reason to why Luhan was being absent in school for days.

 

Jaemin told everything to Luhan, of course, she felt really guilty for telling him that. Why? Because after that, Luhan refused to go to school and she can’t do anything about that. She missed talking to him because her freaking best friend isn’t with her because she already has a boyfriend. Jaemin only had two friends, and that was Park Minah and Lu Han.

 

Jaemin had this unrequited love towards Luhan for the past years but Luhan only had his eyes for Minah. And that hurts so much for he likes Jaemin’s own best friend. No one’s there to comfort her and everything’s just really messed up. Even Minah can’t comfort her because Minah doesn’t know a thing. This unrequited love is just for Jaemin to keep.

 

 

***

 

 

Luhan was happy. Luhan was smiling. Luhan was laughing.

 

Luhan is down. Luhan is frowning. Luhan is crying.

 

Luhan was currently a sobbing mess on his bed. He had no one to cry on.

 

Sehun wouldn’t have the heart to understand him. The two of them made a promise to never fall in love with the same person. However, Luhan broke this promise and his best friend would surely feel betrayed. Becoming a betrayer, that was the last thing that Luhan wants to be. He was not born to betray people, that’s what he believes in.

 

Suddenly, a knock was heard on his bedroom’s door. Only one person has a duplicate key to his house and that was Jaemin. Jaemin was really persistent back then. The door opened and he saw his friend smiling at him. Luhan returned the gesture and sat down. Jaemin sat on the edge of his bed while putting her backpack down.

 

 

“Luhannie! I missed you!” Jaemin said and hugged Luhan tightly.

 

 

And Luhan broke down again. Jaemin just hugged him tightly while remaining silent. She knew that Luhan needed someone and Jaemin is willing to help a friend in need. Luhan was comfortable around her and she’s happy about it. At least, the boy she likes acknowledges her presence. But the negative side of it is that he only sees her as a friend. Friend-zoned.

 

After some minutes, Luhan’s crying had subsided and Jaemin released the hug. Jaemin laughed at Luhan’s face for a while and Luhan just let her be. Luhan’s being was really a funny sight right now. Red and puffy eyes and dark eye-bags under, red nose, tear-stricken cheeks, and dry and chapped lips.

 

 

“Yah, Jaemin-ah, stop that already.” Luhan said and pouted.

 

“What? Oh my god Luhan, you look horrible. Did you even take a bath?” Jaemin asked while holding her aching stomach from laughing too much.

 

“Uhh.” Luhan scratched the back of his head, looking away, he was embarrassed.

 

“Yah, Luhan! Do you think other girls would like you if you don’t even keep your body hygienic enough?” Jaemin said with a threatening tone on her voice and a joking face.

 

“Fine, whatever, mom.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

“Yah, take a bath! You stink!” Jaemin said while covering her nose with the back of her hand.

 

“Okay, okay! You win. I’ll take a bath and you’ll treat me bubble tea.” Luhan grinned while running towards the direction of the bathroom before Jaemin could retort back.

 

“Aish, this boy.” Jaemin silently smiled and arranged Luhan’s bed.

 

 

***

 

 

“So, what actually encouraged you to go out of the house?” Jaemin asked while sipping her own drink.

 

“Why? It’s suffocating in there. I also feel lonely, you know? I’m not a robot without feelings.” Jaemin just nodded in agreement.

 

“Yeah, I know that. You’ve been crying for the past days.” Jaemin teased and stuck out a tongue and grinned afterwards.

 

“Yah! Shut up!” Luhan said and pouted.

 

“What? I’m telling the truth here.” Jaemin laughed and left Luhan sulking.

 

“At least I’m not small.” Luhan said back.

 

“What did you just say?” Jaemin glared at Luhan, she needs to look up, just a little more to reach Luhan’s eyes.

 

“Why? You’re only,” Luhan stood next to her and looked at their height, Jaemin was only up to his eyes. “Look, you’re only up to here!” And he pointed at his eyes.

 

“It’s not my problem that you’re so tall!” Jaemin pouted.

 

“Yes, it is!” Luhan said.

 

“I’m taller than other girls you know. They actually like my height so stop that.” Jaemin boasted.

 

“Doesn’t matter, you’re still smaller than me.” Luhan said and the one that was left sulking now was Jaemin.

 

 

They were currently walking around the streets. It was full of people. But the thing was, there were a lot of couples in here. And the funny thing is that, Luhan and Jaemin looked like one. They were walking side by side while talking with each other. Sometimes laughing at what the other was saying, making snarky comments about the people they see, making up different scenarios that they think would happen in the future.

 

But what they didn’t expect to see was the couple that Luhan dreaded to see. Sehun and Minah were holding hands while smiling at each other. Sehun caught a glimpse of Luhan and was surprised to see him. He dragged Minah along while running towards Luhan’s direction. He was just standing there while looking at the couple approaching them. Meanwhile, Jaemin tried to keep calm, but inside she was panicking.

 

 

“Hyung!” Sehun called and released his grip on Minah’s hand and hugged Luhan.

 

“Oh, hey there Sehun-ah.” Luhan smiled, too calmly that it scared Jaemin.

 

“Hi Jaeminnie!” Minah waved at Jaemin and Jaemin just smiled.

 

“Hyung! Guess what?” Sehun said excitedly.

 

“Oh, I know it already. You and Minah are dating?” Luhan said.

 

“How did you know? Did someone tell you? I wanted to be the one to tell you personally!” Sehun said while pouting at his Hyung and Jaemin just laughed.

 

“Yah. Jaemin, did you tell him?” Sehun accused Jaemin but Jaemin ignored him.

 

“No, she didn’t tell me. It was quite obvious though. The two of you together in this park and to mention that you’re holding each other’s hand awhile ago.” Luhan stated which made the couple blush.

 

“Oh.” Sehun said while he stared at his best friend shyly.

 

“Come on, continue on your date now.” Luhan said while ‘shooing’ them away.

 

“But Hyung! I haven’t talked to you for days! You weren’t going to school.” Sehun said childishly. He always made this action towards Luhan because he knew that his best friend won’t have the heart to reject children.

 

“No. Minah’s waiting. We’ll talk next time, okay?” Luhan smiled a reassuring smile.

 

“Fine! But Hyung, why were you absent?” Sehun asked.

 

“Uhh, he was sick.” Jaemin said and the Minah looked at her suspiciously.

 

“What? Hyung? You were sick? And you didn’t call me. Who took care of you? Yixing Hyung’s not home and so are your parents.” Sehun panicked.

 

“Hey, I’m fine now. Oh, and Jaemin took care of me.” Luhan said and smiled at Sehun.

 

“Jaemin took care of you?” Minah asked, she was really getting suspicious now. Girl’s instincts.

 

“Uhh yes, why?” Luhan asked, avoiding Minah’s gaze. He has been doing this since they arrived.

 

“Jaemin never takes care of anyone.” Minah said while looking at the two of them suspiciously while smirking.

 

“Are the two of you a couple?” Sehun asked.

 

“WHAT?!” Luhan and Jaemin shouted at the same time.

 

 

***

 

 

Jaemin was quietly lying on her bed while rethinking that happened earlier that day. Her head was full of questions like,

 

‘How could Sehun-ssi say that?!’

 

‘Do we really look like a couple?’

 

‘Why did Minah look at me like that?’

 

And...

 

‘Why did we become awkward after that?’

 

Jaemin was frustrated. She was trying to talk to Luhan after the incident. However, Luhan only gave her simple answers, or maybe nod when he agrees, or shake his head if he disagrees. She only wanted to strike a conversation but whenever she starts, Luhan ends it with his answers.

 

 

“Jaemin-ah!” Her mom called.

 

“Why mom, do you need something?” Jaemin said while going out of her bedroom and going downstairs.

 

“Oh, I just wanted to tell you that I’ll be out of town for business trip for the next five days.” Jaemin’s mom said.

 

“So, I’ll be alone here?”

 

“No. Luhan’s going to live here for the next five days that I’m gone. I trust him enough.”

 

“And you don’t trust me?”

 

“No. It’s just that you could actually burn the house down when I’m not here and Luhan’s a very trusted friend’s son. So yeah.” Her mom explained.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter