Scent

Scent

Of the thousands and millions of smells and odors in the world, there is one unique scent that belongs to each individual. It is a special perfume that is available to one and only one person, a beautiful scent. However, the sweet musk tends to be hidden under environmental influences and artificial chemicals, losing its power of identification but nevertheless retaining its attraction. Our olfactory sense plays a much more significant role in our lives than we give it credit for; subconsciously, we always inevitably rely on this sense that we cannot stop perceiving. Like a bee drawn to the sweet pollen of blooming flowers, people follow their noses, when they believe they are following their hearts, and Jessica does as well. But unlike other people, she does it consciously.

Out of the other eight members of Girls’ Generation, there were three distinct aromas that Jessica particularly liked, these three members subsequently becoming the ones she was particularly fond of. Firstly, Yoona. A whiff of this girl’s scent would bring back memories of vast green fields, warm sunlight, and colorful springs. It was a scent of freshness that never failed to reenergize her whenever she felt lethargic.

Second was their little bookworm maknae. As expected of Seohyun, Jessica was reminded of her days at school whenever she hugs their pampered baby, not necessarily of books but of youth, innocence, and carefree happiness. It was a reminder of the days that had passed and a trigger brought out the caring side of Jessica as she wanted to keep the scent as pure as possible.

Lastly, Tiffany. Her fellow American girl always has on a mixture of perfumes that usually cloaked her real identity. If you ask Taeyeon who usually attaches herself to Tiffany’s right, she was say that Tiffany smells like flowers that bloom in the morning. If you ask Sunny who likes to skip along from her other side, she was answer that Tiffany smells sweet like the sweet little girl she is. However, Jessica knows better. True, Tiffany uses floral perfume on her right side and candy perfume on her left and both were nice, but those were not her real scents.  Every night when Tiffany joins Jessica on their bed, having just emerged from the shower, and gathers the smaller girl into her arms, Jessica would snuggle into her girlfriend’s neck and bosom. There she would breathe in Tiffany’s special scent, freshly and lovely. It was a scent full of love, one that always warmed Jessica’s heart, brought a content smile to her lips, and made her imagine a happily ever after with her Tiffany.

 

 

 

A/N:

sorry for it's short length! im on a time constraint and i dunno how to possibly make this long teehee. hope u guys liked it and found it sweet rather than creepy -.- it's been a long while since i wrote jeti *sighh* i alluded to Perfume which is a very good read, and is very very much more weirder than this short fic. do give it a try if you hav time.

also i allegorized to some symbolism, if you guys noticed. but it's also okay if u didnt :)

just hope u enjoyed it ^^

cya when i cya!

comment, upvote, spread the love~