Touch

Tell Me (with your touch)

---

 

In Seoul, a great building stands at the middle of the city, blending in with the towering buildings around its area and reaching high towards the sky, the windows all polished and shines when light reflects on them, this is the building where a man, not that tall and not that short, storms out of the double glass doors.

 

The busy drivers and occupied people walking down the street don’t see him angrily keying his car open and driving fast away from the tall building, anywhere just to get away from the unpleasant memory marked in his mind.

 

Kim Minseok, 26, drives home to a lovely apartment complex, not too near and not too far from the said building he had stormed out of, he was the boss and he supposed that he needed to get some fresh air, he thought that he needed to get out of that building as fast as his feet and his far could take him.

 

He arrives in front of his door and presses in the password to the keypad, the door unlocks and he slowly pushes the door open. Minseok like going home, he likes taking in the design of his living room, he likes taking in the scent of home and the view of light hair sticking out from the back of the couch. “Hey,” He greets as he trudges to the couch, removing his shoes in the process.

 

Said man turns and kneels so that he is facing Minseok who is still walking towards the couch, Lu Han doesn’t speak but instead smiles at him, but upon seeing the hint of grim in Minseok’s face, Lu Han reaches out and Minseok’s cheek with his thumb, his brow raising in question and Minseok leans against his palm.

 

“Work, it’s bad.” Minseok breathes against the warmth of Lu Han’s palm and Lu Han pulls him to sit with him on the couch. So he does, he sits beside Lu Han and lets himself be cocooned into Lu Han’s embrace, it’s calming and he likes it.

 

It feels as if Lu Han detoxifies him from stress, calms and soothes out every fibre of his being and just the presence and feeling of Lu Han against him makes him happy, it makes him feel content and satisfied as if everything in the world is okay. Lu Han makes him feel as if everything will be okay, that everything bad will end.

 

Lu Han cups his face into his hands and presses a chaste kiss against his lips and Minseok feels his own lips breaking out into a smile before he leans in again to kiss Lu Han. “Thank you, for being here, I love you.”

 

**

 

When Minseok was about to take his entrance exams, Lu Han stayed over for the night and kept him close since Minseok wasn’t living with his parents anymore, they slept together, nothing ual happened between the both of them, just a few good luck kisses and hugs and hand holdings for Minseok to remember how much Lu Han believed that he could pass the exam. While Minseok poured out his feelings, anxieties and worries to Lu Han who just rubbed soothing circles on his back while pressing soft, innocent kisses to his lips.

 

**

 

When Minseok became an architect, Lu Han jumped on him and Minseok twirled him around, sniffing the scent of home and Lu Han. That night wasn’t the first time they had , that night wasn’t the first night they kissed so rough and deep but Minseok felt Lu Han’s love and pride for him, with Lu Han’s kisses and touches, he felt that Lu Han was proud of him. Also, that night was the night when Minseok laced his fingers with Lu Han’s and talked about his future, their future. That was the night when Minseok poured all of his dreams and goals to the love of his life, that was the night when Minseok told Lu Han that he loves him over and over again until it lulled the younger to sleep.

 

**

 

They first met when Minseok was a high school student who had family problems, after school, Minseok would drop his bag on the couch and run away from his house to escape the screams and curses and threats of divorce his parents would throw at each other, he found solitude in the field not far from his house, almost nobody goes to this field anymore because school started and Minseok was very thankful for that  (because students were busy and nobody went to the field anymore, it was sort of abandoned and forgotten when school starts but it was always like a second home to Minseok).

 

A muddied soccer ball rolled to his feet, his black leather shoes for school still in because he didn’t bother to change out of his school uniform. Minseok placed a foot on the soccer ball and looked up at the approaching footsteps. The boy who Minseok assumed to be the owner of the soccer ball smiled at him and Minseok felt like his heart jumped out of its place, as cliché as that may sound.

 

“This yours?” Minseok asked as he bended down and picked up the muddy soccer ball, he placed the ball out for the boy to grab and the boy smiled at him, eyes up in crescents and his lips showing teeth. Maybe the boy saw the sadness in Minseok’s eyes, maybe, just maybe.

 

The boy took the soccer ball from Minseok’s hands and placed it down, stepping on it with a foot before he jerked his head, an invitation for Minseok to join him playing and Minseok smiled, all teeth and gums, one of the truest smile he’s ever had shown this week.

 

Minseok pushed himself up, dusted his hands on his slacks and followed the boy who ran fast, kicking the soccer ball to where he wanted it to go, which is, away from Minseok.

 

By the end of the day, the boy never said a word to him, still. So when they sat on one of the concrete stairs, with their hair sticking to their forehead due to sweat and chugging down water from the water bottles they bought from a nearby convenience store, Minseok finally asked the boy. “You’re not much of a talker are you?” Minseok was sure it came out as a joke from his lips but the stranger smiled, tentative and wary as if he wasn’t sure on what to say.

 

The boy smiled, lips pressed together before he pulled out something from his back pocket as he turned his back on Minseok and Minseok raised a brow, confused and baffled.

 

Minseok didn’t know what to do so he just sat there, gripping on his water bottle awkwardly as the boy still had his back on him. After a few seconds, the boy his heels to face him and presented him with a notebook, messy hangul scrawled on it and Minseok took it to be able to view it properly.

 

“My name is Lu Han. I like soccer. I’m mute. I can’t talk. But I hope we can still be friends?” Minseok read it aloud and the boy, whom introduced himself as Lu Han flashed a small unsure smile, as if Minseok was going to reject him any minute now after learning that he was mute, after learning that he couldn’t talk and wasn’t normal.

 

But Minseok smiled, all teeth and gums with happiness surging to him because maybe this time, he finally found a friend, a friend that could be perpetual to him. “Sure, my name’s Minseok by the way, same time tomorrow?”

 

And the smile Lu Han showed him was priceless, as if he could’ve hugged Minseok right there and then.

 

***

 

“How is Lu Han?” His mother asks over the phone, when Lu Han’s head is on his lap and facing the television, watching his favourite drama intently, when his hands are in the light locks of Lu Han’s hair, twirling and untwirling his fingers around them.

 

“Lu Han is fine, he’s great.” He says, a small smile approaching his lips as Lu Han shifts so that he lies on his back and faces Minseok up. Lu Han’s brow rises a little and Minseok mouths ‘mom’ to him and that has Lu Han smiling and nodding happily as he turns on his side again to face the television.

 

“Will you guys be able to visit me next week? I really miss Lu Han.” Minseok’s mother speaks, her voice soft and expectant. Minseok looks at Lu Han, runs his free hand over his hair and speaks.

 

“Only Lu Han?” He fakes a gasp and suddenly both him and his mother are laughing, Lu Han turns to Minseok and faces him, still that cute confused face on his face, probably wondering why Minseok is laughing.

 

His mom tells him about how much he misses him too and that she wants to see Lu Han too, because Lu Han is lovely, because Lu Han is pretty, because well, he is Lu Han. “Okay mom, Lu and I are coming over next week, bye. Love you.”

 

When Minseok puts his phone down, Lu Han sits up, cross legged on the couch and tilts his head at Minseok, asking him in sign language about what they talked about. “It’s mom, she wants us to come over because she likes you a lot.”

 

And with that, Lu Han does that silent laugh, with his eyes up in crescents and his teeth showing and Minseok really likes that. Lu Han pulls him into a hug, his chin against Lu Han’s shoulder as the younger buries is head on the hollow of his neck. “Yeah, I’m glad mom likes you too.” He says, arms going around Lu Han’s torso to pull him closer.

 

Out of nowhere, Lu Han pulls away and leans back in to kiss Minseok, pushing him down the couch and entrapping him between his legs. Lu Han his head to the side, hands gripped firmly on Minseok’s shoulder. “Yes?”

 

And Lu Han answers with kisses to Minseok’s forehead, eyelids, nose, cheeks and lips, adoring his skin and face in every possible way he could with his lips. Minseok holds Lu Han by the hips and grins up at him, “Yes, I like you too, honestly, I love you.”

 

 

 

 


a/n: um ok... what do i say.... i hope that the little snippets of their past helped you out with their relationship? bc i wanted to stress how luhan could only show his love and affection for minseok with his action and i think i failed at that um.... *sweats nervously* also i hope the sign language hinted you that minseok learned sign language to be able to communicate with luhan without the hassle of notepads and pens ehehehe