Part II

A Moment that Lasts Forever

 

Micha cooks breakfast every morning. The girl wakes up two hours before Luhan. Two whole hours. But it's worth it.

 

As the first month of Luhan's new job passed by, Micha had taken notice of the darkening bags under Luhan's eyes. Previously, the girl would wake up at seven o'clock, just in time to see her roommate with a loaf of bread between his teeth and brown jacket in hand. “I'm leaving,” he'd say with a shy wave. Once the male arrived back home (which would be at ten in the evening) Luhan automatically dragged himself into his room and fell asleep (without forgetting a bashful 'I had a good time at work today' to Micha).

 

She took it upon herself to make a beautiful breakfast for the working boy. He definitely deserves it.

 

“Good morning,” Luhan huskily greets by the kitchen door.

 

“Hello,” Micha softly says back, focusing on preparing their meal. The blonde tiredly makes his way to the dinner table, seating himself in his usual spot. He stares at Micha's shoulders then the back of her head. He sits and thinks for a moment, wondering if he should-

 

“All done,” the girl announces, suddenly turning around. Luhan flushes deeply, quickly averting his gaze to the food in her hands. She places the dish down, a kind smile on her face. “Enjoy.”

 

“Ah yes, thank you,” Luhan stutters, grabbing three sausages. They munch down in comfortable silence, the sound of raindrops tapping the kitchen window.

 

“Do you have work tomorrow?” Micha inquires. Luhan is about to engulf a pancake, but stops the circular goodness in mid-air.

 

“Um,” he blinks, mentally checking his schedule. The girl waits patiently for his answer. “No.” He replies. “Why?” Luhan rapidly inquires before Micha can pick up her egg. She shrugs her shoulders.

 

“No reason,” she responds, “just a random question.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

But Luhan doesn't think it's a random question. Does she... he ponders, does she want to do something tomorrow? Just the two of us? The blonde feels his nerves shaking. Th-that would mean like... a date, right? He starts blushing. Does she want to go on a date... with me? What would we even do if we went out together?! L-Like a movie? No no that's kind of lame. Or maybe a really fancy super, but I'd really just prefer eating her cooking at home, alone. Luhan's heart starts jumping. We're alone. Oh God. He panics, shoving food in his mouth. Don't get carried away. He mentally scolds himself. We're just roommates, JUST roommates! Stop over thinking everything. A girl like her would never be interested in a nerd like me. The realization makes Luhan's chest sink a bit.

 

 

While typing on his computer, seated comfortably in his new office space, Luhan doesn't notice two of his co-workers walking in.

 

“Who's Micha?” A deep voice questions, jolting Luhan out of his reverie.

 

“Huh? W-What?” He freaks, turning around in his spot. It's Chanyeol and Jessica, two of his closest (not really that close) peers. “Oh, uh good morning.” He greets politely. The woman chuckles as Chanyeol raises a brow.

 

“Dude, noon past awhile ago.” He tells him, smirk growing on his face. Luhan's eyes widen in surprise.

 

“R-Really?” The blonde scratches the back of his head nervously. How embarrassing. “Ha ha time flies...”

 

“Mhm,” Jessica quickly interrupts Luhan's awkward ramble, “anyway~” she draws on, stepping by his side, “who's this Micha? Seems to be someone special.” Luhan's face turns beat red.

 

“What?” He panics, eyes darting away. “H-How do you know her-”

 

“Your computer,” Chanyeol cuts him off, “I think you typed her name over a billion times.” The boy snaps his head to his illuminating screen only to feel his pulse rise in embarrassment.

 

“Oh my God,” he gasps to himself, scrabbling to erase the numerous pages of pure bold 'Micha' everywhere. How long have I been – why hadn't I noticed?! He awkwardly laughs once he's pressed the close button at the top. “That was um n-nothing,” he clears his throat, pulling at his collar. The two co-workers give him a teasing smile. “I'm going to the restroom!” Luhan abruptly stands to run out of his cubicle.

 

“You're not going anywhere,” Chanyeol calmly says, using his body to block the exit, “I wanna know who this Micha is.”

 

“Yeah me too,” Jessica grins, crossing her arms. Luhan's heart is skipping.

 

“Sh-sh-she's no one,” he lies, adjusting his glasses, eyes to the floor. I can't believe I let my guard down like that. I'm such an idiot! “Now, may you please excuse me I really need-”

 

“Is she your girlfriend?” Chanyeol inquires. Luhan's cheeks start glowing velvet, literally.

 

“O-Of course not!” He squeaks. Oh my God, my girlfriend?

 

“Then who is she? She can't be nobody considering how much you're blushing.” Jessica complains, lips pursing. Luhan shoots his hands over his cheeks feeling the heat steaming off his face. Why am I always so obvious? It's humiliating!

 

“She's just my roommate! W-We're friends, that's all!” He rapidly explains.

 

“You live with her?” Chanyeol exclaims.

 

“W-Well yes, I told you she's my room-”

 

Just friends?” Jessica ponders.

 

Luhan swallows. I knew this was going to happen. “Yes, just frie-”

 

“You're lying,” Chanyeol scoffs, waving his hand in disbelief. What in the name – these people are unbelievable! Feeling slightly exposed and very much embarrassed, the shorter boy glares down at his shoes. Luhan doesn't know why he's having this conversation. They can't just force their way into his business.

 

“I'm going to the restroom.” The blonde declares, hands tight by his side. Chanyeol gives him the no-you're-not-little-man look as he leans against the open doorway. What do they think they're doing? He darts between the two. They have no right to walts into my love life and – Luhan in a breath. L-Love life? His eyes widen. What am I thinking? I'm such a fool! I-I don't have a love life! Love? What am I talking about? There's no love going on. I'm not in love. Not o-one bit.

 

“So, from the information I've gathered,” Jessica starts up with a dramatic pause, pacing around the room. Information? What is this woman talking about? “You like her,” Luhan freezes, “a lot.” Luhan freezes some more. A satisfied gleam flashes across the females eyes. Why is my stupid heart going insane? I don't – I don't l-like her. Of course not, we're just... we're just...

 

“No I-”

 

“Oh please,” Chanyeol butts in, “I know that look.” Jessica moves next to the taller male nodding her head in agreement.

 

“You're in love,” Jessica gently says. Luhan's heart stops, mouth gaping, eyes slowly becoming a little wider. No... this is a misunderstanding.

 

“You think it's one-sided though, right?” Chanyeol finishes. The blonde closes his mouth, letting out a shaky breath. Lowering his face, Luhan hopelessly stands there with nothing rely to say back but a weak 'no' in rebuttal. He's too confused.

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

By the time Luhan gets home, Micha welcomes him with a warm smile. However, the boy only hums a jagged greeting in return. Confused and a little hurt by his lack of hello, the girl can only let it slide seeing that Luhan must have had a long day at work.

 

“If you want, I baked some cookies,” she kindly tells him as he slips his shoes off.

 

“Cookies?” He repeats, surprised.

 

“Yeah,” she replies, “they're in the oven, I'll get them out.”

 

As she walks away, she hears Luhan whisper a sincere 'thank you', causing a good feeling to fill her heart.

 

 

As the days go by, Micha notices something... off about her roommate. Every time she greets him in the morning or speaks to him during a meal, Luhan can't seem to look her in the eye. The boy usually takes one (just one) glance in her direction before turning his gaze away. He fiddles with his fingers a lot too and constantly rubs his arms and scratches his neck when they talk or even when she passes him to use the washroom.

 

There had also been several occasions where he wouldn't be able to produce proper sentences. Micha would start a conversation but he wouldn't be capable of voicing anything. His mouth would open, but nothing would come out. Was he too shy or something? She would ask herself once the poor boy gave up.

 

Something was bothering him for sure. Micha keeps assuring Luhan if he ever needed to talk about anything, she was there, but the boy would simply brush it off saying he was fine.

 

 

Micha sighs, her hand gliding with her paint brush. She has been working on this piece for quite some time, but she has to make sure it's perfect. It is a present for Luhan after all. She wants to thank him for all that he's done, and also – maybe – lighten up his mood.

 

It is a painting of Luhan. However, instead of a plain shirt and jeans, she made sure to draw him in a super man outfit. He's standing on top of a high cliff, a bright smile curving his lips as the wind and sun brush his face.

 

Micha thinks it's a great idea. I'd make him laugh (hopefully). She wants to give something that would make him happy and lift that dying confidence of his. Not only has Luhan's odd behavior been effecting him, but also herself. She's worried, very worried.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan takes a deep breath.

 

He's staring at his reflection, locked up in the bathroom, by himself.

 

He's going crazy. He knows it. This is the first time he's ever been – Luhan blushes, hating himself for admitting it – in love. He can't take it. His heart goes insane just by the thought of Micha. Luhan's afraid she's able to hear it, he can feel his heavy pulse pounding through his ears. The jittery feeling in his stomach is so strong he doesn't know what to do. He can't just hyperventilate just because his emotions are going ballistic. And sometimes (all the time), when Micha speaks, everything just... disappears. It's like time stops when he realizes he's aloud to look at her without being creepy or violating any rule. Every time he lays eyes on the girl, it makes him feel wrong, like he's not aloud (or that she'll see right through him). It's a weird thought, but it's true.

 

Luhan doesn't want Micha to know about his affection towards her. He doesn't feel... worthy. He thinks he'd be a burden. He doesn't want that. If Micha ever fell in love with a man, it wouldn't be him. He isn't strong, or tough, or confident. He's not talkative, funny, or charming. He can barely speak to her, he can't look her in the eye and he blushes like some kid, a baby.

 

Luhan doesn't want to be called a 'baby' anymore.

 

Since elementary school, all his classmates made fun of him. They'd call him loser, nerd, chicken. And because of his scrawny figure, girls used to about how gross he appeared. They'd say terrible things. Very terrible things. Luhan doesn't remember having any friends.

 

All through his schooling days not one person stopped the mockery.

 

Luhan needs to get over Micha. But it's so hard. Unbearably hard. Luhan doesn't know if he's ever been so overwhelmed by anything as much as this.

 

Love.

 

He leans over the sink. His heart heavy and completely dejected.

 

What if I confess to her? He thinks. I mean... M-Maybe she feels the same way? His face distorts at that possibility. What am I thinking? Micha? Come on Luhan... What would she ever see in you? A frown over takes his lips. If I can't even make myself happy, how am I supposed to ever make her happy? He gulps anxiously. I need to forget about this stupidness. She... She'd never, I mean, would she? No. I can't have hope. Micha would never look at me that way. I can give up, I can do it. It simply takes time... right? I'll get over it soon enough... Even though I-

 

“Luhan, supper's ready,” comes Micha's soft voice. Gripping his chest, Luhan cringes at the pounding of his uncontrollable heart. Who am I fooling? A frustrated look falls on his face. I'm so in love with her. He hopelessly admits. It's useless.

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

“Hey,” Micha knocks on Luhan's door one day.

 

Nothing.

 

She tries again, louder this time but there isn't a single sound.

 

“What is he doing in there?” She panics a little. “He's going to be late for work.” Sighing, she decides to open the door despite his lack of response. It's dark in his room, so she switches on the light. “Luhan?” Micha exclaims in utter fear when she sees the male laying stiff on his bed, face pale and body drenched in sweat. The girl scurries to his side, placing a gentle hand to his forehead. “Oh my-” she mumbles to herself, removing her palm from his burning face.

 

Micha dashes out his room and into the kitchen. After pouring a glass of water, she searches the cabinets for some Advil. She feels her heart beat faster when she realizes Luhan doesn't have any. Pursing her lips, she runs back in his room, water in hand.

 

“Luhan,” she ushers, shaking him softly awake. The boy can't seem to open his eyes, but by the sound of his pained groan, she knows he is alert. “I want you to take a deep breath and sit up,” Micha tells him with a quiet voice. Putting the glass on the nightstand, Micha aids the blonde as he leans his back against the headboard.

 

Luhan is breathing hard, body shaking.

 

Micha clenches her teeth with force. She knows what she has to do. But can she do it?

 

I have to leave, she squeezes her hands, I have to buy medicine. Luhan seems to be sleeping again, but she knows he's deathly uncomfortable. Micha stands completely still. Go. She yells in her mind. Pick up your feet and go! Just go! Please! Look at him, he's white as a ghost! Please Micha! You can do it! Sighing, the girl takes a moment to calm her nerves. And after one long deep breath, she runs out.

 

For Luhan. She repeats while jogging down the crowded streets of Seoul. For Luhan. Her heart is pounding so hard she's afraid she might faint. It's for Luhan. Micha reassures again. You can do it. Luhan is important. Forget about your fear. It's nothing. Luhan is more important.

 

By the time Micha has arrived back home, she's a mess. All though perfectly fine on the outside, her brain is on the verge of breaking down. No Micha, she scolds herself, get a grip. Luhan's sick. And in the matter of a second, she's by his side, feeding him Advil.

 

 

Luhan only starts getting better two days later.

 

Micha had informed his boss of his current condition. Which led to several weird phone calls from a man named Park Chanyeol and a woman named Jessica Jung.

 

“Hello?” Micha answers the phone. She hears a deep gasp.

 

“Is this Micha?” A man asks. Startled, the girl wonders who this is.

 

“Um, yes. Who is this?”

 

“The name's Park Chanyeol,” is his answer. “Are you Luhan's roommate?” Maybe he's one of Luhan's co-workers. Micha guesses.

 

“Yes I am.” She hears shuffling on the other line.

 

“You're Luhan's roommate?!” A woman's voice shrieks. Micha moves Luhan's cell an inch away form her ear.

 

“Uh yeah? Who is this? What happened to-”

 

“I can't believe Luhan didn't make a move yet!” The woman whines, but it sounds a little distant, probably because Chanyeol took the phone from her.

 

“Sorry, that was Jessica,” comes the familiar deep voice. “Anyway, I called to ask how the little guy was doing. Heard he caught the flu.”

 

“He did,” Micha replies, glancing at the sleeping Luhan, “but he's getting better.”

 

“That's good to know.” Chanyeol says. “Hopefully he'll be able to come back to work soon.” So they are his co-workers. They're worried about him, how sweet. I guess Luhan made some friends.

 

“Yeah, I hope so.” She says with a smile.

 

“Well, it was a pleasure speaking with you,” the man concludes, “that's all I wanted to know. Have a nice day.”

 

“You too.” Micha hangs up.

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

Luhan lets out a small groan when he's conscious. He's so comfortable it's amazing. His body is nice and warm, his headache is gone, the nausea steady. He wonders what happened. He knows he got sick, and maybe still is, but where is Micha? Did she notice his absence? Is she eating well? Is she still drawing? How long has he been delusional? He really hopes she's okay. Luhan really wants to see her.

 

Suddenly, the boy feels something move. His eyes snap open in alert, but a moment after, Luhan thinks he forgets to breath.

 

Micha is on his bed. On his bed, laying beside him. She's not beneath the covers (probably because that would be inappropriate) but it doesn't matter considering she has her arms secured around him. Both arms around Luhan. She is touching him, hugging him, cuddling him. If Luhan thought he was blushing before, he was wrong. Now he's seriously blushing.

 

The boy presses down on his chest as his heart pounds erratically against his rib cage. What – what's going on?! Luhan forces his brain to keep calm, it's hard though. He berates himself repeatedly, chanting you've fallen too hard, you've fallen way too hard.

 

The girl's head is right there. Why is she here? What is she doing? The boy breaths heavily. I'm sick so... so I must have been cold last night. Y-Yeah, and she decided to warm me up... with her – w-with her... Luhan can physically feel heat steaming from his head. The facts that she's so intentionally close doesn't seem to process in his mind.

 

He can see every little detail of Micha's face; from the dip of her chin to the curve of her lips. Her nose is resting snuggly by his forehead. If he wanted, Luhan could simply shift upward a tad and kiss her. What.

 

K-Kiss her?!

 

Luhan bolts up, chest heavy, heart a mess. “Oh my God,” he panics, pulse multiplying by the second. Wh-What am I th-thinking?

 

“Luhan?” Micha wakes with a jolt. The blonde's eyes widen. Using the blankets, he throws them over his head. He can't be seen in such a vulnerable state. “Luhan?” Micha sounds concerned. “Are you alright? What's wrong?”

 

“I-I-I'm fine,” he peeps, voice cracking near the end. Calm down Luhan, the boy thinks, calm down. He feels a hand touch his shoulder through the covers.

 

“Are you sure? You were shivering last night.” S-So I was right... He concludes to himself. “Is your head hurting? Do you want some Advil?” Huh?

 

“A-Advil?” He stammers. “I don't have Advil,” he mumbles.

 

There's a pause.

 

“I bought some a couple days ago.” A couple days ago? I've been out of it that lon- Luhan freezes. Micha left the apartment? His eyes widen. But she said she was afraid! Why did she leave? For Advil? For- Luhan's heart squeezes; joy, worry and confusion circling through his body.

 

“You...” Luhan hesitates, staring intently at his lap. “You left... f-for... for me?”

 

“Yes,” she replies. Luhan feels his mouth go dry.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you were really sick.” She explains casually. “You're more important than anything, so I it up. And it was worth it, wasn't it?” Her tone is happy. However, Luhan feels angry. Very angry. A bubbling furry jumbles itself within his stomach.

 

Pulling the covers away from his body, he glares at his roommate. “Why would you do that?” He raises his voice. “You risked your sanity for me? I'm the least of your problems! You could have gotten lost! Or hurt! Or someone could have robbed you! O-Or kidnapped you! You could have been in a lot of danger! You were all by your self! You don't know this part of Seoul like I do! You could have – you c-could have...” Luhan is shocked by his outburst, but he's more confused with the unchanging grin on Micha's lips. “Wh-Why are you smiling?” Voice a lot less confident.

 

“Because of you,” she says, causing Luhan's mind to swirl.

 

“M-Me?” He wavers. “I d-didn't do anything funny-” But he can't finish his sentence when Micha hugs him. Oh no.

 

Luhan's heart beat instantly collides with her chest. She can feel it. Luhan tenses. There's no where to hide, no where to run. No corner to turn or door to close. Luhan knows all his feelings are being opened like a vulnerable forgotten locket. It's easy to tell. The way his beating organ pounds considerably within his body and the color of his blood red face. She knows.

 

Luhan's ruined everything. He's ruined their friendship, their bond, the only possible way to be close with her. She'll feel awkward around him now, burdened, uncomfortable. Nothing will be the same. Nothing. He's ripped the paper, there's no way to put it back the way it was. Luhan stop this foolishness. You're making yourself into a lonely, heartbroken weakling.

 

But Micha is careful, she doesn't hurt him. There is no judgment, laughing, bullying or teasing. She doesn't call him names nor looks him in the eye. Micha doesn't say anything. She just hugs him, and it scares Luhan. He can't see her reaction. He had been expecting the worst of the worst, but the girl does nothing. Not one thing. Did she figure it out? Does she know of his enormous attraction? Maybe Luhan is over reacting? Maybe she really can't feel his pulse. Maybe Micha hasn't realized. Maybe Luhan still has a chance to get over her.

 

“I get it now,” she says softly, pulling him closer.

 

“H-Huh?” Luhan blurts, snapping from his thoughts. “What – what are you t-talking about?” Attempting to pull his head away, Luhan is still too weak to actually budge. So he nervously stares at her beautiful hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Micha stays silent, savoring Luhan's escalating heart beat.

 

Nothing, in her entire life, has ever flattered her more than this little realization. Since all this time, Luhan's odd behavior, his sudden anger. It makes sense. It makes complete sense.

 

“You have feelings for me,” she says. There is a pause, but that's all she needs to confirm her hypothesis.

 

“No!” He denies, voice breaking. But the heat of his cheeks against her hair, and the pounding from his chest say otherwise.

 

Swiftly, the boy pushes her away. Micha takes a good look at his tomato red face, and for once, they're meeting eye to eye. Luhan's orbs are glazed, his mouth open in terror. “I-” he stutters. It's as if he's so ashamed, so guilty, so humiliated.

 

“Luha-”

 

“I don't!” He babbles, shoulders heaving for air. “I swear!” He panics, tear ducts filling with water.

 

“It's-”

 

“I-It's a misunderstanding!” He helplessly continues. “I...” Luhan pulls his glasses off, clumsily brushing at his eyes. He doesn't finish, instead, Luhan struggles to keep his composure.

 

Micha opens again, but Luhan beats her to it. “I'm sorry,” he whispers so brokenly.

 

“Luhan it-”

 

“I kn-know,” he cuts her off again, “I'm just a burden. I-I'm sorry, I'll get over it, I promise. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.” Micha's heart falls at how sorrowful he is. “My heart just does weird things s-sometimes and I couldn't – I couldn't stop because y-you're just so-” he gasps a frustrated whine. “Please don't leave me,” he wearily sniffs, “these feelings will go away, just p-please, don't leave me alone.” A shattered look dawns upon Micha's face. She can't believe how depressed Luhan is. “Y-You're the best thing that – that's ever h-happened to me. I don't want to lose you.”

 

They remain in dead silence once the last of Luhan's words fall from his mouth. The boy's ears are bright red. He covers his face with the palms of is hands.

 

This is Luhan, Micha thinks, he's broken just as I am. Micha sighs whole heartedly, softly placing both hands to his own. Luhan flinches away in embarrassment.

 

“You don't have to be sorry,” Micha says immediately. Luhan cautiously unmasks his features, red face in perfect view. He looks so confused it's adorable. “Loving someone is normal.”

 

L-Love?!” Luhan exclaims, flabbergasted by the word.

 

“Yes, love.” Micha smiles. “Everyone falls in love. You don't have to feel ashamed or guilty, it's perfectly normal.” The blonde nervously looks away. “You've never been a burden, even when you were sick. Not once have I felt burdened. I love caring for you and I love being with you.” His eyes become larger at that.

 

“Y-You do?” He inquires, not expecting Micha's honesty.

 

“Of course,” she nods, “you are the best thing that's ever happened to me.” She borrows Luhan's phrase.

 

“I – I am?”

 

“Mhm,” Micha hums. She can't believe this had been the problem all along. It wasn't because of his job, it wasn't because of his health, it was because of her. Micha. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know how to act. He didn't know what to feel. He must have been nervous, flustered, confused. Micha never thought Luhan felt that way about her. The girl never imagined anyone would love her in that way. But Luhan does, and she can't deny the great feeling of happiness and love filling her heart. “I love you too Luhan.” She tells him.

 

“Whoa wh-what?!” The male is so shocked my her confession, he stumbles backward, falling hard off the bed.

 

“Luhan?” Micha gasps, jumping to his side. He has his face buried under the blankets. “Are you alright?”

 

“I'm fine, I'm fine,” he quickly rambles, hiding even deeper. “I'm just... uh...” Micha searches through the sheets for Luhan's face.

 

“Where are-”

 

“I'm not good enough for you!” Luhan announces loudly, causing the girl to squeak in surprise. “You deserve so much more than... than me.” Micha watches as the blankets fall from Luhan's body. His small vulnerable figure gazing sadly at his lap.

 

“You're perfect,” Micha tells him.

 

“I'm not, I-I'm really not.” Luhan ducks his head lower. “I'm not strong or tall or funny or handsome o-or manly... I'm just-”

 

“Luhan,” Micha cuts him off. “You're Luhan. And the only person who can be Luhan perfectly, is you.”

 

“Y-Yeah but I'm not perfect,” Luhan denies. “I'm a completely loser...” He chokes up. “I'm so weak and unconfident, I've been looked down upon my whole life, I don't – I don't have what it takes to... to be with you. I'm not cut out for this l-love stuff.”

 

“Yes you are,” Micha prods, scooting closer to her roommate. “I love everything about you.”

 

Luhan swallows. “What's there to love?” He dejectedly whispers. “Compared to how beautiful and smart and charming and artistic and – and nice you are. I'm – I'm nothing.” The blonde covers his eyes. “You're like a princess and I-I'm like a peasant. I can't – I don't deserve to be with you. There are so many other men out there who are way better than I'll ever be...”

 

“But I love you,” Micha says softly. Luhan wishes his face wasn't so red. “There's only one Luhan in the world. I don't care if you think you're unconfident or weak, because I think you're gorgeous just the way you are.” Luhan turns his face away.

 

“I'm so embarrassed.” He mumbles. “Wh-Why would someone so perfect ever love a lonely guy like me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Micha doesn't say anything for a while.

 

Luhan can't understand why Micha would love someone like him. I'm such a-

 

“Luhan,” Micha unexpectedly says.

 

“Yes?”

 

And in situations like this, time pause with a grin on its face, letting the world halt all movement so that two people can share a moment that lasts forever.

 

The touch of her lips against his cheek. Their skin brushing so lightly it's barely possible to sense. She pecks his cheek – once – and Luhan literally transforms into a statue.

 

Micha smiles, wrapping an arm around Luhan's waist.

 

“Let's get you back in bed,” the girl suggests, standing him up, “you still have a little fever.” Luhan doesn't answer (he can't).

 

The blonde gets better rather quickly after that.

 

 

“So?” Chanyeol walks in, expecting some sort of response. Luhan glances up at his co-worker before attending to his computer again.

 

“So... what?” Luhan questions back. Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

 

“You know what.”

 

“No, I don't.”

 

Sighing, the tall male places himself on top of Luhan's desk. “I'm talkn' about your girlfriend, Micha.” Luhan in a tight breath, face turning pink.

 

“I – I told you, she's not my-”

 

“Yeah I know little guy,” the male cuts him off, “but obviously something happened. I can feel it.” Leaning close, he glares, “Spill the beans.”

 

Luhan pushes his chair away, spinning in the other direction. “Nothing happened.” He replies, aware of how hot his cheeks are fuming.

 

“Oh puh~lease,” Chanyeol scoffs, grabbing hold of the blonde's seat. “You were sick,” he twists Luhan around, “and she took care of you. There's no way nothing happened. It's humanly impossible.”

 

“W-Well you're mistaken!” Luhan stands up, flustered. The memory of Micha on constant replay. “Nothing occurred while I was ill so there's no need to dig your nose into someone else's-”

 

“Luhan!” Jessica barges in. “Did you finally make a move on your wife?!” Wife?! Wh-Where is this coming from? Chanyeol chuckles.

 

“You were saying?” The taller male prods. Luhan pulls his chair to his desk and sits down.

 

“It's none of your concern!” He defends. “N-Now leave me alone, I have work to do.”

 

“None of my concern?” Jessica gasps, slamming her fists against the wall. “This involves all of my concern! I need to know if my little baby asked her out yet! Or even confessed! Did you tell her that much?” Luhan digs his face under his arms, his ears steaming red.

 

“Aw,” Chanyeol coos, patting the boys head, “you don't have to be shy.”

 

“I'm not shy,” Luhan swiftly mumbles.

 

“I bet she likes you back,” Jessica smirks. Luhan freezes right down to the bone, heart beating a mile a minute. “Hm,” Jessica hums, enjoying Luhan's reaction, “your feelings are mutual I see.” A goofy smile stretches across Luhan's face, but hides his face between his elbow to cover it up. Luhan doesn't say anything. Stop smiling you big goofball! “Lemme see your visage lover boy!” The woman exclaims, struggling to pull Luhan up. She is certainly NOT getting a peek at me. Luhan panics.

 

“Nuh-uh,” Chanyeol shakes his head, “let the master take care of this.” Luhan doesn't know what his co-worker means by 'master', but he really doesn't have time to think about it when he's being yanked from his cowardly position.

 

“You're smiling!” Jessica gleams, clapping in excitement.

 

“I'm not!” Luhan slams his hands over his mouth, oddly incapable of forcing his lips down.

 

“What happened?” Chanyeol questions. Shifting his gaze away, Luhan's cheeks ting darker.

 

“Did she kiss you?!” Jessica frantically asks next. Luhan is so flustered it's impeccable.

 

“Nah, I don't think it was anywhere on the lips.” The taller male comments.

 

“Huh?” Jessica a brow.

 

“Maybe Micha gave him a little peck on the cheek,” Chanyeol concludes. What the – how does he know?! Jessica gives him a look. “He's still a little guy,” Chanyeol explains, crossing his arms, “I can tell Luhan has no experience whatsoever.” The blonde becomes nervous at that truth. “If they actually kissed each other on the lips-” Luhan swears his stomach his swarming with butterflies, “-he'd most likely be a puddle of goop.”

 

“Huh, that's true.” The female nods. “You really need to get this going though.” Luhan shyly looks to his co-worker. “You can't keep a beautiful young damsel waiting.”

 

 

When Luhan arrives home that evening, he's worried when Micha doesn't come to greet him like she always does. Nervously glancing around, Luhan removes his jacket and shoes at the doorway.

 

“Micha?” Luhan calls, voice gentle. Walking past the living room, the boy peeks his head in the kitchen, then in the washroom, but she isn't there. Scanning her bedroom door, he swallows anxiously, fear building up in his throat. Stepping to Micha's door, Luhan hesitates before knocking two times.

 

There is no answer.

 

With all the confidence he can muster up, the blonde decides to take a leap of faith and go inside. Breathing deeply, he turns the knob cautiously and pushes the door open. The boy's eyes immediately land on Micha's figure. She's lying on her bed, asleep, with a large canvas on her lap.

 

Curious, Luhan tiptoes to see if she's alright. Micha looks normal. He smiles in relief, but then glances at the painting.

 

“Is that...” He utters, leaning close. Luhan furrows his brows in confusion. I'm wearing a super man costume. The blonde glances to Micha's peaceful face. She drew this? He falls back on the picture. It's amazing, but... why did she draw me? She could have drawn the actual super man guy. I just make it look dorky.

 

“Luhan?” Micha wakes up, surprising the boy. The male jumps away when he notices how close they are. “Sorry I fell asleep,” she apologizes.

 

“No no,” Luhan swiftly shakes his head, slightly flushed, “it's okay.” Micha sits up.

 

“How was your day at work?”

 

You can't keep a beautiful young damsel waiting.

 

“It w-was the usual.” Luhan responds, cheeks turning more pink.

 

“That's good,” Micha smiles, looking down at her lap. “Oh!” She exclaims. “I just finished this piece today, I wanted to give it to you as a present.”

 

“Really?” A present? It's not my birthday anytime soon...

 

“Yeah,” she nods, handing the canvas over. “I know you haven't been in the greatest mood recently so I wanted to make you something.” She noticed? “I thought it was a great idea having you in a super hero costume. I hope you like it.” Using the gift to cover his face, Luhan feels a goofy smile pull at his lips.

 

“Thanks,” he bites his cheek in pure happiness. “I really like it.”

 

You can't keep a beautiful young damsel waiting.

 

Luhan scans every inch of the painting, taking in the detail, color and shading. However, at the bottom of the picture is a little sentence, it's small, but he thinks it's supposed to be that way. A three word sentence like this should be found by someone who cares, someone who matters, someone special. A person that doesn't simply look at art, but someone who actually looks. Sentences like these can't simply be thrown out in the open like a piece of trash. It has to be carefully placed with thought, meaning. Only one person should be able to see those three words. It should only be shared amongst two individuals.

 

You can't keep a beautiful young damsel waiting.

 

He can't, can he?

 

So he doesn't.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ The End ~

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

I swear it sounded a lot better in my head.

But life . Oh well.