1

windows apart

WINDOWS APART

The sun was shining over bright against changjo’s face as it subtly grazes the boy’s skin, waking him up perfectly early in the morning. The young man rubs his eyes as he stretches his long lean arms, then he got up. It was another plain morning but still, there was something extraordinary about choi jonghyun’s morning that makes him feel excited, that made him want to wake as early as possible. He took the thin piece of whiteboard off his coffee table and stumbles to his window. Carefully walking out into his balcony while scribbling something on the board. His mouth paints a smirk as he finished writing, as he bit the marker’s cap, he looked down his window. Showing the board to a very special person who somehow held the same board, he smiled brightly. Silently whispering good morning.

Then choi jonghyun grin widened even more, as he read the reply the person who was on the opposite apartment. This was how he lived, each morning and midnight he would greet a special person. That person lived in the small, a bit aged apartment situated just opposite from his brand new, lavish apartment. And during those two specific times, he would go out his balcony, look down to a few floors off the old apartment in front of his and see a gorgeous boy holding on a thin white board. Waiting for him, to have simple written conversation.

“Morning yoo changhyun!! It’s a sunny day right? ^^)”

The moment changjo lifted up the board, ricky couldn’t help but to smile. With a wide grin on his face he replied;

“morninggg *0*) good luck for your interview!!”

Changjo too was ecstatic, somehow these simple childish conversation always made him feel joyous. There was something hidden between each letter they wrote and as for changjo it was love. So silently hiding his feelings he replied each messages with a blissful smile tainted on his face.

This childish yet amusing little routine started four months ago. Changjo who just moved into his apartment got out to the balcony one midnight. The moon was bright and the city lights were subtly beaming over the two apartments. As his looks around, his gaze was suddenly locked on someone. It was changhyun, outside his little balcony, staring up to changjo. At first changjo was shocked but when he stared back somehow the boy living below him felt so familiar. And the first thing that crossed through his mind when they made eye contact was how beautiful ricky had look under the moonlight. Just as he was about to smile at the red headed lad, he was left speechless. Changhyun was endlessly staring at him when suddenly a drop of tears spilled down the boy’s fair white cheek. It was a riddle changjo could never solve but still it was the spark that started these happy little conversations.

“yahh!!! Jonghyun! You spaced out again :P”

Changjo was surprised, he was caught gawking at ricky again. The boy blushed as he wrote something that brought a small giggle to ricky’s face.

“sorry, I missed my dead hamster again ;P hehe kidding!”

When changhyun laughed changjo just could not pull his gaze away. He was mesmerized by the boy’s wide shining smile that seemed so innocent and warm. Choi jonghyun was infatuated with ricky’s wide smile. And even if changjo never mentioned his feelings, he had a hunch that the emotions were mutual. Because each time ricky looked into his eyes, changjo noticed how the boy’s lips slightly curled up unconsciously. They only met four months ago and they never met personally but somehow they knew more about each other as each time one of them had a hard time, when everyone wouldn’t notice, they would know better. To be more specific, it was ricky who knew changjo like a back of his hands. Somehow changhyun could always see past changjo’s smile and that made jonghyun love him more.

“yah pabbo ya! Go to your interview now. U gonna be late !! “

Changjo’s steps was heavy but still he walked away, looking back knowing that it would be alright to leave for a moment. That for sure this midnight they would see each other again.