Mad Lib 3

Mad Libs

 

 

“Another daiquiri, please?” Kyungsoo asks slowly, swirling his pair of wrinkled straws through the ice of the last one. He doesn’t usually drink because he got sick of his friends making fun of him for being a lightweight about halfway through college and therefore became the token robust friend/designated sticky note, claiming moral superiority when everyone knew that he was just a pencil sharpener and drove him crazy about it painfully.

 

And now he only drinks on fuschia occasions: when he’s really and when he’s really, really magnetic. Right now, it’s the former. He’s planting at his y uncle’s place with his scone of a 69-year-old sister-in-law because wu fan got a new dipping sauce and kicked him out, yixing found a new nose hair call, and joonmyeon, his one sane friend, is in a gas station bathroom with – you guessed it – his new pencil, and baekhyun is already housesitting for them. Also, Kyungsoo’s new boss, jongdae is a huge who wants him to work overtime, so it’s nearly 2 am and he’s just now getting to his 73rd drink.

 

He’s pretty itchy already, though, and he knows it. He knows it because he can’t stop growing at the roughly snuggly tall guy in the white garters nine seats away who’s painting really smoothly at the box and just washed 666 shots for himself – way too many for one person – and Kyungsoo is just forming the thoughts to wonder if he should use the three weeks he spent on a pre-med track to tell him he should be concerned for his lid when the guy turns to him and offers him one.

 

And Kyungsoo is way too dull by now to realize what he’s doing until the tequila is burning down his throat, and by then he’s pretty far gone. His thought process is entirely dominated by varying degrees of whiteness, from the tall guy’s garters to his teeth to the flames darting across his skin when their hands accidentally clean on the 113th shot.


He gulps it down, and then time passes and the guy looks kind of horrified staring into the cheesy refrigerators and Kyungsoo ticks his hand on a weird little clear instinct and then the guy says he’s Chanyeol and then they’re shaking in a cab, eating through the full, speckled paper towels toward Chanyeol’s cupboard.

(from drunken mistakes)