First Green Tea

Lost

 

 

 

 
Chapter Four:
Kenra's first green tea

The next day I woke up with Kenra sleeping next to me. “ARGHHH!!!”

I jumped out of the bed, taking the blanket with me along. Kenra flinched and jumped out at the corner of the bed.

“What are you doing in my bed?! You didn’t do anything, do you?” My voice rose and he crunched his eyes close. I pull the collar and have a peek but it is still there. You know… the…

“No. Do I have to do anything?” 

“No!” I accidentally shouts at him again. “I mean no. Nothing. Just don’t do that again. It scares me out.”

“But I used to sleep with you, Yura chan.” His voice is as usual, soft and barely audible.

“Not when you are not a cat. What will people think if they see us sleeping together? And most important is, we are not married.” I said. Kenra’s forehead furrowed in curiosity and his head tilted to his side.

“Don’t give me that look.” I look at him for a second then turns away. No. No. Not with that cute face you are doing. I shall not approve!

“Why not?”

“Okay. Look here, in human world; we are not supposed to sleep on the same bed, like you did just now for an example before you are married. Okay? It’s forbidden. And definitely a no-no. If my mom barks into this room, you. And I. Are dead. You might be accuse for me and she would drag you into a jail. Get it?” I said, taking my steps toward the wardrobe.

“ you? What does it means?” He flops next to me, standing at the side of the wardrobe.

“. ….. You know.. Those…. Erm…” Oh gosh. Oh gosh. Do I have to explain this too?

He looks out of the shell and blinking his eyes.

“Here.” I switch on my laptop and type ‘’ in the search engine. A few seconds, it came out a list about definitions. I stands up and let him sit on my bed, giving him the time to read the article.

“We…Wui…kee..ped..pedia..” He pronounces the word one by one.

“Wi-ki-pe-di-a”

“Ah… Now I understand. I won’t do that to my own master. I promise.” He says and flashes his beautiful smile. I just can’t tolerate with his pretty smiles anymore. So…… Attractive.

“I know. If you ever do, I would have drag you to jail and lock you up before my mom does. Now, stop giving me those smiles and let us get wash.” I said, pushing his back with me to the bathroom.

 

 

I’m done with brushing my teeth, took the urge to look at him, flopping the bubbles in the tub, and blew them away from his hands. Somehow, I feel pity for him. I wonder how he managed to be a human after all this while he could have just change and run out of the house — Report to the police for abusing, but why?

“Enough of playing with the foam. It is still money to earn them. Give me your shampoo.” I set myself at the edge of the tub as he hands me the bottle. I pinches a little, rubs both of my palms together to make it soapy, and washes his hair.

“Kenra, I just wanna ask something if you don’t mind.”

“Sure. Anything that please you.”

“Why didn’t you change into human when you could?” I asks but silence fills the room.

“I mean, you know they are abusing you but why didn’t you change into human and run away?”

Kenra didn’t reply and he stops moving. It makes me surprise that he didn’t reply any single of words. Is that hurting him? It took us in silence for almost a minute and finally he opens his mouth.

“I didn’t know I could. I just figured it out here when I was flipping your things on the table and that’s how I found myself like this.” He said. I see…

“Kenra..” I call, but suddenly my eyes started to pool seeing the scars at his back. It hurts me so much to see this. I wish we could go back in time and I found him before his previous owner beats the thing out of him.

What kind of human is that? Do they even have hearts? Animals are like us too. I just couldn’t believe seeing this painful scars around him. His cute face is just so unmatched. He has already have a perfect looking but see this. It might take some times to heal this wound.

“Yes?” He peeked at me. No, no. Please don’t look at me like this. I don’t want you to see me crying now.

“I wish I can call you Kenra but you chose Yasuda Ichiru instead.” I said and my voice started to crack. Luckily, he is playing with the bubbles and doesn’t listen to me much. Or he does listen to me?

“Why? You don’t like that name?”

“No! I like it.” I pause. “I think Nakajima Kento would fit you better. Aren’t they?”

“But that will be the same as the singer.”

“That singer?” What does he mean? He meant with Nakaken? How does he know?

“The y Zone leader.”

“It’s fine. Seeing you is like I’m meeting him. Although we are just between fans and idol. So yeah. You do look like him. It’s enough for me.”

 

I went out of the bathroom, heading down for the kitchen. Class will start at 10 and we still have plenty of time. I make breakfast and he runs down the stairs after half an hour. He fishes his books from his new drawer that just arrived last night into his bag and place it gently on the couch. Hmm, he loves his things much.

“Kenra, let’s have breakfast.” I said. He steps into the kitchen and grabs a seat opposite me.

“I will eat!”

While we are having a few spoonful of the soup, I start up with a conversation regarding him in my house.

“Kenra, since you are staying with me now, we might have financial problems in the future. After our class today, shall we look for a part-time job? I can’t manage to pay the rent and food since I have extra baggage now.” I said.

“Part-time job? What would you like to have?” He asks me.

“I was wondering if we can work in a café after class. Can you help me with the job as well? Help me with the finance too.”

“Alright. Anything that please you.”

He doesn’t hesitate. He listens to every words I’m saying. I wonder what is his past life would be. He can’t hide his happy feelings. I can see bright shining eyes in him and he enjoys everything he does with me. Thinking about him makes me pursed my lips into a smile. He is like an angel. Too innocent for a human. Hope one day, someone can see his true self and loves him for what he is.

 

“Kenra! Kenra!” I call. Where is he? I think of a good idea before we head to our campus. But the problem is, where is he?!

I roam my room but he was never there, neither the bathroom. I ran down the stairs and found him in an apron in the kitchen. There was a book next to it and he keeps on taking a glance and prepare something. I propped at the wall, watching him from the entrance and he is hardworking in his job.

“Done!” He clasps his hands together and pour the liquid into a bottle flask. Green tea?

“Kenra…” He cocked his head to his left and smiles at me.

“You are done? I was about to grab my bag too. I just made this for you if you are thirsty during the class.” He said, giving me the bottle flask.

“You make me green tea?”

“Em. It is my first. Hope it taste not bad.”

“Thanks.” I raise the bottle and waving it slightly, acknowledging his hard work. “Let us go. We do have plenty of times but I’m thinking to bring you to one place. Maybe you will enjoy it.”

“Okay. Please wait for a while.” I grab my bag, walks out of the house while he takes out his apron, and keep it in the drawer. I take a sip of his green tea and it is really nice. The fragrance, the taste is dazzling. He put jasmine for the flavor. Thank you…



author's note!

Excuse me for my English because it is not my first language so please pardon with it. I will update the grammar, mixed up spellings or left words frequently. Have a good day subscribers and silent readers! Hope you enjoy~ Don't forget to check out my other fanfics too //especially Cold Spring and Fake. My biggest creation that I'm proudly present with a long chapters. Teheee~