Chapter 12

Our Marriage

The rest of the day, Kris was in bed, sleeping and sometimes he woke up when Tao asked him to eat something or for Tao to check on his fever. On the other hand, Tao would sometimes glance at Kris’s sleeping face when he took a small break from working on his project.

 

Tao was still wondering about the confession Kris gave to him this morning. He was indeed felt the butterflies fluttering in his stomach, heart beats fast than usual and face heated. But he just doesn’t know how to express himself back to Kris. He was still confused about his feelings for Kris.

 

Kris suddenly woke up and took a glance at Tao who was sitting next to him. Tao had a frown on his face.

 

“You don’t have to think thoroughly about it.” Kris muttered as he slowly sat up on the bed and leaned back towards the bed frame.

 

Tao blushed. “I-I don’t know what are you talking about. I’m – I’m thinking about my project.”

 

Kris nodded slowly with his eyebrow raised.

 

“It’s the truth.” Tao exclaimed.

 

“I just nodded, I didn’t say anything.”

 

“But your face-“

 

“What about my face?” Kris leaned closer to Tao and their nose almost touching.

 

Tao pushed Kris away; his could felt his face started to heat up again. “Yo-Your face is ugly.”

 

Kris laughed lightly. “Okay, whatever Tao… Darling.”

 

Tao bit his lips so that he didn’t lash out his embarrassment. “I hate you!!!”

 

 After that only Kris laughter could be heard from the whole household and Tao continuous ‘I hate you’.

 

-

 

“What’s with the frown?” Sehun asked as he sat down where Tao was in the café.

 

Tao hid his face behind his hands and peaked at Sehun in between his fingers. Incoherent words were heard from the other boy.

 

“What?”

 

“I said Kris confesses to me.” Tao grumbled.

 

“So? Why are frowning?” Sehun took a sip of his bubble tea.

 

“I just don’t know how to react to his confession and he’s making fun of me now.”

 

“Making fun? How so?” Sehun averted his eyes to a certain waiter in the café before he looked back at Tao.

 

“Well…” Tao’s cheeks turned bright red as he reminisced back what Kris did yesterday.

 

Sehun smiled slyly. “What did he do Tao?” Sehun poked Tao’s cheeks.

 

“Well, he called me darling.” Tao uttered softly, his cheeks felt like it was on fire. He was so embarrassed to talk about this.

 

Sehun laughed loudly and it caught several attentions in the café. Tao had to kick his leg from under the table to shut him down and bowed his head a bit to the other customers as apologize. Sehun coughed softly and changed his composure.

 

“That’s all? And here you act like a high school girl getting a confession from their crush.” Sehun snickered and Tao kicked his legs again under the table. After letting a soft grumbled, Sehun shoot Tao a glare. “I’m just stating the truth.”

 

Tao scoffed. “Yeah, right."

 

“So, what did you do after he confessed?”

 

“I-I was frozen on the spot. I don’t know what to do.” Tao buried his face in his palm.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “You are such a girl.”

 

“Yah!”

 

“So, when are you-“ Sehun pointed at Tao. “-going to confess back to him?”

 

“When did I say about me confessing back to him?” Tao looked skeptical.

 

“Oh come on Tao, I know you like him back, just admit it.” Sehun let out a soft sighed.

 

“When did I say that?” Tao raised his eyebrow.

 

Sehun tried to prevent himself from strangle Tao. “Considering you blushed madly for thinking what he had done, I think I got my answer.”

 

“But that-“

 

“Shut up mister, and listen to what I say.” Sehun cut Tao’s words. Sehun pointed to Tao’s direction. “You, Huang Zitao like you husband back, Kris…-“

 

“Wu.” Tao continued it for Sehun.

 

Sehun nodded. “Yup, Kris Wu. You already fall for him, yet you are so stubborn to admit it. You are obviously like him back. Just confess to him, huh?”

 

“No, I won’t.”

 

“Just confess to him, Tao.” Sehun leaned forward until their faces were inches away.

 

Tao pushed Sehun’s face away. “Eww, get your ugly face away from me.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and fakes a hurt expression. “I’m hurt Huang ZItao.”

 

Tao scoffed. “Whatever.” And then Tao leaned forward and pointed at Sehun. “Oh yeahhow about you, Mr. Oh Sehun. When are you going to confess to a certain cutie little waiter in this café?”

 

Sehun hissed. “Shh, don’t say it out loud, he might hear you.”

 

“I doubt that he could hear it.” Tao looked at the direction of a certain waiter who was being flirted on his customers. “See, those customers are flirting with him, what are you going to do about it?” Tao raised his eyebrow in a challenging manner to Sehun.

 

Sehun gritted his teeth when he saw what had happened. If only he could go to that table and pulled the waiter away from that flirtatious customers.

 

“Well? Well? Well?” Tao laughed at the distraught face his friend made.

 

“You’re on!” Sehun glared at the direction of the customers and Tao let out an amused laugh.

 

-

 

Kris and Chanyeol entered the café where Tao and Sehun were. After they picked where to seat, Baekhyun came with a huge smile plastered on his face. BAekhyun placed the menu on the table and stood next to Chanyeol. Baekhyun bended down and gave Chanyeol’s lips a peck before he stood back up and grinned at Kris.

 

“Hi Kris.”

 

“Hey Baek.”

 

“You husband was here few minutes ago before you guys came in.” Baekhyun said as he scribbled down on what Chanyeol had ordered.

 

Kris changed his attention from the menu to Baekhyun. “What?”

 

Baekhyun nodded. “Yeah, I saw him here with his friend I guess? But they were so close to be consider as friend. Anyway, I don’t know. And, your order please?”

 

“Ah, just give me chicken sandwich and a hot coffee please.”

 

“Will be in a few minutes.” Baekhyun smile before he walked away.

 

Chanyeol looked away from Baekhyun to his troubled friend. Chanyeol softly patted his shoulder in comfort. Kris looked up at Chanyeol and gave a small smile, and Chanyeol knew it too well that Kris was faking it.

 

“You alright?” Chanyeol asked in concern.

 

“Yeah, I already know about this. About him having a boyfriend, but -“ Kris took a deep breath. “But I don’t know why it hurts so much.”

 

“Wow, I never seen you so trouble like this.” Chanyeol laughed.

 

Kris slapped Chanyeol’s arm. “Not funny!” Kris glared.

 

“It’s okay Kris, one day, he will like you back.” Chanyeol smiled.

 

“I doubt that.”

 

“Think positively, you idiot.” Chanyeol slapped Kris’s shoulder.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Sorry for being late.” Baekhyun grinned as he placed the ordered food onto the table.

 

“It’s okay.” Chanyeol beamed and put his hand on Baekhyun’s waist.

 

“Please don’t show your public affection here.” Kris grumbled and Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughed in unison. Soon Kris joined the other two laughs before Baekhyun excused himself from the two to continue with his work at the café.

 

-

 

Tao was walking back and forth in the living room. After he got back from hanging out with Sehun, he was wondering if it’s a right decision to confess back to Kris. He didn’t want the other to simply think about him sympathy to him.

 

Tao sat down on the couch and wondered what he should do. Then a thought came and he rushed to the kitchen. He started to cook some Kris’s favorite dishes – he had asked Mr. Wu about this.

 

As Tao placed the last dish on the table, the front door opened. Kris came in. Kris put his blazer and his briefcase on the couch and proceeds to the kitchen where Tao was in. Tao greeted him with a smile. Kris wasn’t affected by the smile and it caused Tao to frown.

 

“What is all of this?” Kris raised his eyebrow, gesture it towards the food on the table.

 

“Well…” Tao was fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. “I was… I just…” Tao stuttered and looked away from Kris’s gaze.

 

Kris sighed. Slowly he made his way towards the table and took a seat. “Come on, let’s eat.”

 

Tao smile and replied with simple nod. Tao picked up their plate and some utensils and placed one in front of Kris then in front of his seat. After Tao seated, he asked Kris to pick first.

 

Kris did as what Tao asked him too. After he placed the food on his plate, he picked up his spoon and scooped the soup a bit, and tasted it.

 

It-It taste exactly like how mom used to do it.’ Kris thought as he placed the spoon back down, his eyes began to turn moist.

 

“K-Kris?” Tao called softly. “Is-Is it that bad? If it is, please don’t eat.” Tao gulped as Kris didn’t give any reaction. Tao stood up and walked towards Kris, he placed his hand on Kris’s shoulder. “Kris, are you okay?”

 

Kris took a deep breath. “Yeah. It just reminds me of my mom. Your cooking just reminds me of how its taste like.” Kris turned to look at Tao. “Why Tao? Why are you doing this?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Please don’t make me fall for you harder.” Kris said and glazed into Tao’s eyes.

 

“K-Kris-“

 

“I don’t want to be the reason why you and your boyfriend break up.” Kris took a deep breath and stood up. “I love you Zitao. Even if I love you, I won’t take someone else’s boyfriend.”

 

“Since when-“

 

“May be we should take to our parents to end up this marriage?” Kris let out a dry laugh.

 

That is when Tao had enough. Tao pushed Kris back onto the chair and shut Kris’s mouth with his hand.

 

“Listen here Kris, I said this once and listen it carefully.” Tao took a deep breath. “I-I like you Kris. I don’t know if I love you back, but-but I like you Kris.” Tao’s face turned bright red.

 

Slowly Tao pulled away his hand away from Kris’s mouth and covered his face with his hand.

 

Oh my gosh, that was embarrassing.’ Tao thought. ‘I’m crazy. Yes, yes I am. And it was all Sehun’s idea. Stupid Sehun. Go die!

 

“Tao?” Kris called and Tao peeked from the between of his fingers at Kris. Kris let out a laugh. “What are you doing?”

 

“No-nothing.”

 

Kris stood up again and pulled Tao into his embrace.

 

“Thanks for the confession; it means a lot to me. But, how about your boyfriend?” Kris asked.

 

Tao pulled back and stared at Kris in confusion. “Boyfriend?”

 

“Yeah, you had once introduced him as your boyfriend at me at the café.” Kris replied.

 

Tao thought back about this and when it clicked, he laughed.

 

“That was Sehun, he’s my bestfriend.” Tao smiled.

 

“Really? I thought it was really your boyfriend. But why did you address him as your boyfriend at that time?”

 

Tao shrugged. “To piss you off so that you would walk away and guess what? It works!” Tao grinned.

 

Kris lightly smacked Tao’s arm and Tao giggled. Suddenly Kris leaned forward, when he was almost touching Tao lips, he asked, “Can I kiss you?”

 

“Yes.” Tao blushed.

 

With that Kris closed the distance between his lips and Tao’s. The two shared a breathtaking kiss which they never had experienced before this. Soon they pulled away from the kiss because of the lack of air.

 

Tao’s face turned bright red and Kris chuckled when he saw the younger’s reaction.

 

“Come on, let’s eat my dear.” Kris said.

 

“Stop calling me with stupid nickname.” Tao pouted.

 

“It is not stupid, it’s sweet. Now, sit down and let’s eat dear.”

 

Tao grumbled as he face-palmed himself and sat down on his seat. “I hate you.”

 

Kris smiled. “Yes, yes. I love you too.”

 


 

Tadaa, I'm back with this weird chapter I think? Nah, whatever..keke

Anyway, thanks for subscribing and commenting.. :]

Until then! ^^