.01 - A new beginning.

σρєи αямs

C H A P T E R O N E - A new beginning.


With a deep breath, Luhan bit down onto his lower lip, taking shaky steps onto the airplane— in fact,  this was the first time he has ever been on an airplane. When he was a child, because of his fear of heights, he never once dared to step foot onto an airplane; not because he didn't like traveling, but because he has a terrible fear of heights.

"Luhan, there's nothing to fear about heights! You'll make it to Korea safely, I know for a fact you will!"  His best friend, Xia's words echoed throughout his head. Maybe she was right? What's the worse that could happen? 

"Please make your selves comfortable, we'll be landing in Seoul around 8pm tonight." the flight attendant said. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Have a nice flight." and with that, she finished with a small bow, and a warm smile.

"Seoul, here I come.." 

Meanwhile in Korea, Sehun locked himself up in his bedroom, his earbuds lodged into his ears to drown out his own thoughts. He didn't want this; in fact, he hated this. He was absolutely against the fact of having an exchange student live at his home; exchange student or not, this person was still a stranger nonetheless.

[Flashback — 3 days ago.]

"Sehun-ah, there's something your mother and I need to tell you." Sehun's father called his son over once he had walked through the door. "In three days an exchange student from China will be living with us until he finishes his studies here in Korea."

"His name is Luhan, and he's 24 years old; you can think of him as the older brother you've never had! Isn't that exciting?" Sehun's mother exclaimed, already overjoyed by the idea of having a second 'son' living with them. "Your father and I have already redecorated the room next to yours for him!"

"And for the first few days, we need you show him around town; walk to school with him, etc."

During the whole talk, Sehun stood there, speechless. He already had a terrible day at school; girls constantly squealing and following him around, squealing or fangirl'ing over him just as if he was idol. Honestly, he found their actions nonsense. 

Oh Sehun grew up with a tough outside character; and although his inside persona is similar to his outer, he's a soft-hearted person once you get to know him which is usually hard for other's because he's not so easy to control.

Sehun headed straight for his bedroom without so much as an "Okay."

[End of flashback.]

After a good three and half hours on the plane, Luhan finally landed in Korea; and just like Xia said, he made in there safely in one piece. And to prove it, he pulled out his phone and snapped a quick photo of himself in the airport, a bright smile on his face.

[TEXT; Luhan to Xia.] Xia! You were right, I made it here safely, and nothng happened! I'll be heading to my new home now; I hope it won't be awkward.. wish me luck!

And with that being said, Luhan made his way out of the airport, tugging his luggage along, his face brightening when he saw a sign held up with his name written on it; with eagerness, he ran towards the loving couple which seemed to have been Sehun's parents, they greeted the young male with such kindess and warmth that made him feel like he was already at home. 

"I hope I'll be able to make many memories here."