Chap.2 [Confessions In The Dark...]

Playing Cupid !

It was a Saturday afternoon, I was at my study desk, doing my homework when my phone started ringing beside me. I put down my pencil and reached for it. 'Dino Sunbaenim' flashed across the screen. That's strange why would he call?

"Hello?" I asnwered the phone.

"Yah, JoYii-ah~" His smooth voice called out to me.

"Yes, sunbaenim?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you would go out on a date with me~" He answered. I rolled my eyes, is he seriously doing this again?

"I'm sorry sunbaenim, I've already told you no atleast twenty times in the past month..." I replied. 

Ever since I knew the SHINee sunbaenims, I've always had a problem with JongHyun sunbaenim who was a huge flirt. He would always try his pickup lines on me and send really cheesy messages to me even though he knows that I like Minho. Last month he came to my house, the night before Valentine's day, carrying a huge box of chocolates, asking me to be his Valentines... It wasn't me who answered the door that night but my older brother Kris.

"YAH! I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME NEAR MY SISTER DIDN'T I ?!" Kris yelled.

"I just wanted to ask her to be my Valentines!" JongHyun sunbaenim explained.

"She's not interested!" Kris replied as he reached for the doorknob to slam the door in JongHyun sunbaenim's face.

"But I bought her chocolates!" JongHyun whined. Kris opened the door and grabbed the chocolates.

"Thanks for the chocolates, now get lost punk!" Kris smiled before slamming the door once again.

Sunbaenim walked to the window and saw me standing in the livingroom.

"I love you JoYii! Be my valentines!" He yelled as he made a heart sign with his arms over his head.

Kris walked over and pulled the curtains shut. Well I kinda told my brother about how JongHyun has been trying to flirt with me and let's just say he isn't really that happy that such a flirty guy like him would be trying to pickup his little sister...

"Let's enjoy these chocolates~" Kris smiled as he opened the box of chocolates.

"Nah, I was just joking with you JoYii-ah~" He chuckled. I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration.

"Then why are you calling me?" I asked.

"I just wanted to tell you that JinKi hyung asked all of us to meet up at his house!" He answered. "So are you coming?" He asked.

"I don't think I can... I have homework to do..." I answered as I looked down at the three excercise books on my desk.

"Yah~ Minho will be there you know!" He teased. I could almost imagine his stupid smirk in my head.

"Okay I'll go..." I answered after much thought. Then I heard his chuckle.

"Why do you only agree if it has anything to do with Minho?" He whined.

"Because Minho is special to me~" I answered.

"Aren't I special to you too?" He asked in a sad tone.

"Sunbaenim, I'm sorry but I can only see you as my sunbae and friend..." I apologized.

"I understand..." He answered sadly before hanging up.

Was I too harsh on him? I mean, I would feel terrible too if I keep getting rejected by the person I loved...

-

Kris oppa agreed to driving me to JinKi sunbaenim's house and thats where I met Jonghyun sunbaenim at the front of the house. It appears that he had also just arrived. Oppa glared at JongHyun sunbaenim as he waved at us. "I'll see you later oppa~" I smiled as I exited oppa's car. 

"That punk better not try anything funny..." I heard him grumble as he started the ignition before driving off.

"Hi JongHyun sunbaenim..." I smiled as I gave him a slight bow. He smiled back and walked towards me.

"Let's go in shall we and can you call me oppa?" He asked as he stuck out his elbow. I looked at his elbow and up at him.

"Can't I just walk you into a house once?" He chuckled and I nodded getting his meaning.

I wrapped my arm around his and we walked up to the door. Well this is the least I can do for him, since he had tried his best to get me. Let him have this chance to experience being close to me for once. 

SuJeong eonni answered the door and gasped in shock. "Yah! Kim JongHyun! Wu JoYii!" She exclaimed in shock.

"Hoho! Hyung!" TaeMin laughed cheekily as he came to the door to see us.

I quickly let go of JongHyun's arm and looked somewhere else. JongHyun cleared his throat nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Just pretend that, that didn't happen..." JongHyun muttered as he pulled me into the house, leaving a very puzzled Taemin and Sujeong behind.

-

Finally everyone was in JinKi sunbaenim's house and we sat down in the livingroom to watch a movie. It was 'The Avengers' the only one movie which we all haven't seen this year. Minho and I sat at each end of the sofa with JinKi sunbaenim and SuJeong eonni in the middle.

JongHyun sat on the carpet, in front of me with Kibum sunbaenim and Taemin. Kibum sunbaenim was resting his blonde head on JongHyun's shoulder and Taemin was resting his fluffy blonde head in Kibum's lap. Apparently they went to get their hair dyed at the same salon.

I felt that someone was staring at me and I looked to see SuJeong eonni eyeing me. "What?" I asked.

"I want to know what was with you and Jjong earlier, I thought that you felt annoyed around him?" She whispered. I shook my head and told her that I would tell her later and she nodded as she turned back to focus on the movie.

It was twenty minutes later when TaeMin said he felt hungry so Kibum sunbaenim went with him to the kitchen. A minute later, JinKi sunbaenim stood up and ran to the kitchen after mumbling a few words.

"They better not be emptying my fridge!" Was what I heard. I focused back on the movie and didn't notice SuJeong eonni leaving the couch.

JongHyun got up and sat next to me. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow and he just smiled. I looked over to Minho and he seemed to be completely absorbed into the movie. JongHyun poked me in my side and gestured to the TV whispering, asking me to watch the movie. I nodded and looked back at the flat screen TV.

It was a few minutes later, he slowly climbed behind the couch and disappeared. Then it was just me and Minho alone in the livingroom. I took this opportunity to steal glances at him as I watched the movie, even though I was a bit lost now thanks to all of the distractions.

I admired his side profile and how handsome looked. It was like looking at an art sculpture. I quickly looked away when I felt that he was about to turn his head in my direction. My heart was beating fast as I thought of how I was nearly caught staring at him.

I continued stealing glances at him from time to time until the end of the movie came when Ironman "died". Then suddenly there was a blackout. I screamed when I realized that it was night time now and I was sitting in pitch black darkness. "Yah! JoYii are you okay?!" I heard Minho ask as he got up from the couch.

There was one thing which I didn't tell any of them except SuJeong eonni, and that was my fear of the dark. I am completely terrified about being in pitch black darkness. I completely hate it when I can't even make out any shapes or outlines of objects in the dark. I also kept a night light on in my room before I sleep each night.  I sat there on the couch, trembling in fear as I hugged my knees. 

"Minho! I'm scared!" I cried as I looked every where trying my best to make out my surroundings.

"Don't worry I'm coming!" He answered as he walked cautiously towards me, trying not to walk into the coffee table which was in front of me.I could hear his muffled footsteps on the carpet as he came closer.  

His hand then felt the space on the sofa beside me, I managed to catch his wrist and he held my hand in both of his hands, pulling me up on my feet. "Minho! I'm really scared!" I cried as he pulled me into his embrace.

"Shh... Don't be scared, I'm here for you..." He spoke in a soothing tone as he rubbed my back. My heart skipped a beat when I felt his muscular arms wrap around my shoulders. I felt calmer after a few minutes of him rubbing my back and soothing me with his words. 

"Where are the others?" I asked. 

"I was about to ask the same thing..." He answered. "Yah! Jinki hyung! Did you forget to pay the electric bill?" He yelled. Silence answered him and thats when we realized that everyone left.

"How could they just leave us like this???" I asked in disbelief. 

"Yeah, but don't you like the thought that they left you with me?" He replied as I felt him wrap his arms around me in a tight hug.

"W-what could you possibly mean?" I stuttered as I felt myself blush.

"I know you have a crush on me JoYii..." He chuckled.

"N-no I don't!" I lied to him, denying it.

"Liar..." He replied in an amused tone.

"And so what if I do?" I asked with my heart pounding in my chest.

"Its not like you like me back..." I continued as I felt my heart sink a little.

"What are you saying?" He asked sadly.

"I'll never be good enough for someone like you MinHo..." I answered as I felt a tear threatening to escape.

"Don't say that JoYii.." He said as he pressed my head against his chest. I could hear his heart beating loudly.

"You hear that?" He asked. "This heart it beats for you... I love you JoYii, and I don't want to hear you say that you aren't good enough for me..." He explained.

"M-minho..." I gasped. Am I hearing right? Is he confessing to me?

"I don't care if you are scared of the dark, so what if you're kinda short? You're one of the best dancers in our school, you're pretty in your own way. You're someone who I feel like I should protect. I feel bad whenever I see anyone bullying you. Like as if it was my fault for not being there to stop it before it starts... So its me who isn't good enough for you..." He spoke in a sincere tone.

"JoYii, I know this isn't really romantic at all but, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

Finally the tears which I have been holding back fell down my cheeks. I started crying as I hugged him. Then he panicked when he felt the front of his shirt being soaked.

"Yah! Why are you crying?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm just so happy..." I cried as I hugged him even tighter. "I never thought that you would feel the same way I did. I always thought you only liked me as a friend thats why you never reacted to any of your friends' teasings..." I continued.

"I'm sorry that I made you feel that way... I wasn't sure if they were joking about you liking me and I wasn't really sure about my feelings then... But I've finally found the answer, hugging you now, I can really say that I love you..." He replied. 

Then we heard clapping as the lights came back on. Minho and I were shocked to see our friends standing in front of the TV with big smiles on their faces.

"So beautiful~" Kibum sunbaenim sobbed as he blew his nose with a tissue and wiped away the tears which fell from his eyes.

"Like hearing a beautiful love story unfold on radio..." SuJeong eonni smiled as she hugged JinKi sunbaenim.

TaeMin was standing next to Kibum sunbaenim, trying to stop his tears. JongHyun smiled at the both of us. A hint of pain in his eyes.'I really have to let her go...' He thought.

"What is all this?!" I yelled at them.

"It was all part of my intelligent plan~" JinKi sunbaenim chuckled. "To get you two to confess to each other!" He smiled. "Mission: Playing Cupid! A success!" He cheered.

"Wait!" TaeMin yelled. We all looked at him. "JoYii hasn't answered Minho's question. Will you be his girlfriend?" He asked.

I looked up at Minho, who looked down at me with a smile. I stood on my toes as I pecked him on the lips.

"Of course I will..." I chuckled and they all cheered.

"Congratulations!" They all cheered.

Then we heard the front door open behind us.

"Yah! JinKi-ah!" A middle-aged lady yelled.

We all looked to see Jinki sunbaenim's mom glaring at us.

"YOU CALLED YOUR FRIENDS OVER WITHOUT TELLING ME?!" She yelled even louder. Apparently, she had gone out to have a spa day and JinKi sunbaenim forgot to tell her about the hangout.

"Uh-oh..." JinKi sunbaenim muttered as he ran from his furious mother who was chasing him with a broom.

Everyone laughed as we watched the cat and mouse chase. I looked at Minho and hugged him again.

"Even though it wasn't as romantic as I expected it to be, confessing in the dark is something new..." I chuckled.

----------------------------THE END---------------------------------------

Author's Note: Its finally done! After many hours typing, this oneshot is over~ :D I hope you liked it! ^^