1

The hidden reason

-Elita POV-

I let out a sigh as I put the last book onto my shelf. I slowly turned around to look at the room which I shall now call my room. It was smaller than my last one. It only held a bed, a shelf, a desk, and a drawer and already the room felt suffocating.

I jumped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling.

-flashback-

I closed the truck's door before turning back towards the place which I called home for 15 years. I slowly walked towards the passengar seat's door, never taking my eyes off my home. I opened the door as my eyes stared at my home's reflection on the car door. I used all my strength to take my eyes away and get into the car. With my head down, I closed the door.

Still down.

I closed my eyes since I knew that if I kept them open I would just go back to staring at my home. I listened to my surroundings. The familiar surrounding that I would soon leave.

Not too long later, I heard my parents shouts and then a BAM of the door being slammed shut. I flinched a bit from the loud bam.

Still down.

I could hear my mother shouting vulgar words, killing the peaceful atmosphere that was once surrounding the neighborhood. I put my hand into the top of my shirt, letting my shaky fingers pull out the pendant. I let my fingers graze across the cold surface.

Suddenly the driver seat's door opened eruptedly. I jumped a bit. I sunk deeper into my seat, trying to get myself to disappear into it but of course that was impossible. My mom obviously noticed and grabbed a handful of my hair, pulling me towards her. I cried in pain.

"Don't ing give me that stupid scared puppy look. It's all because of you this is happening." She said angrily.

She gripped my hair even harder, making me yelp in more pain.

"ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!" She screamed into my face before throwing my head onto the opposite side. My face banged into the window. My tears streaming down from my eyes onto the window.

My mom let at a frustrated sigh before starting the car. I could feel her glaring at me before she started driving off. I stayed put in my position.

Crying.

Whimpering.

As I stared at the place I once called home grow smaller and smaller from my vision.

-back-

Like always, I let my fingers graze across the pendant. It was a simple pendant. Just a small rectangle piece of metal. No engravings. No colors other than silver.

It sure isn't the world's most beautiful pendant but it's the only thing I own that reminds me of my grandfather.

My grandfather was the one who kept my family together. He was the one who kept peace within us. He was basically the light of our days because no matter how tired or done for we are in life, seeing him will always bring us back to life. That was when my life was perfect.

Everything changed once he left us. My parents fought nonstop. There was never a day where the house was peaceful. My mom started abusing me behind my dad's back. All the hatred and tiredness of life she felt was directed all towards me. Once it hit night time and my dad left, I would be a prisoner of my mom's wrath. Because of bruises and marks left behind from those nights, I always wore long clothes to cover them up. I didn't want word to spread but of course just like my life, nothing goes my way.

-flashback-

I was stripping my gym clothes off.

One by one the pieces of clothing fell to the ground. Just as my pants fell to the ground, the curtain of my changing room opened.

"ELITA ARE Y-" My friend Rebecca stopped as she stared at my body. Our other friends that were behind her came closer and also held the same shocked expressions.

I hurriedly tried to cover myself. "R-rebecca" I said as I reached for her hand. She instantly backed away and gave me a disgusted face. I made a step closer and she put her hand out to stop me.

"Don't come any closer.You're killing my eyes with your disgusting features."

"w-what?"

She gave me one last digusted look before running away with our other friends. No one stayed. No one looked back. No one even hestitated. I replayed her face in my mind. No regret. No sorrow. Just pure disgust. I fell to the ground as I cried.

-back-

I walked over to my desk. I took the small box that was hidden underneath the desk out. I slowly opened it and pulled out a picture frame. It was a picture of Rebecca and I. It was taken back when my grandpa was still here. We've been friends since preschool. I though we would always be friends but who would have known that our friendship was just that fragile. I placed it back into the box and took out the only other picture frame.

It was a picture of my family a year before grandpa left. I skimmed my finger against the glass towards where my grandpa was. I missed him so much.

Suddenly my mom barged into the room. Her eyes landed on me but she wasn't looking at me. She was looking at what I was holding. Her eyes grew wide in anger and she instantly marched towards me. She tried taking it away but I wouldn't let go. I knew that if I did she would destroy of it like she did with basically all of the things that had connections with grandpa. Sadly I was much weaker compared to her. She yanked it out of my hands and threw it to the ground, breaking the frame. I watched as she continually stepped on it. She was screaming but I couldn't hear any of it. All I could focus on was the picture. The last physical picture I hid with all my heart of grandpa.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I couldn't just stand there and watch as the woman I called mom destroy what I cherished.

"GET AWAY!" I screamed, which took her in surprise. She stopped to look but I took that time to ram into her side. She instantly fell on to the ground. I hurriedly grabbed my bag and the photo before running out. I could hear her screaming at me and running to me but that only made me go faster. 

I ran out the door. I could hear my mom screaming as I kept running down the street. I don't know how long I've been running but by the time I stopped it already dark out. I sat on a bench, catching my breath. When I finally calmed down, I realized that I was tightly clutching the picture in my hand. I carefully loosened my hand and straightened the picture out.

Tears started falling as I let my eyes look at our smiles. My parents weren't like this before. I used to always feel loved by them. Now all I knew is my mother's hatred toward my existence. What's the point of my existence if no one wants me? What's the point of living if every obstacle gets more and more painful for me? I don't understand. There's no reason for my existence.

After crying by myself for a while, I finally got my up and started my way back home.

Street after street, I walked. I somehow ended up in a small quiet street. I officially deemed myself as lost. Not the smartest move to run out of the new house when I just moved here like 5 hours ago. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes, trying to think about how I ran out. What roads did I cross?

Suddenly I felt an arm wrap around my waist. Immediately, I opened my eyes and pushed the figure away. My eyes widened as I see about 5 guys in front of me. All looking way stronger than me. The guy who I pushed away came closer to me. I immediately tried to run past them but the guy's friends held me back, forcing me to face me. I struggled to get away. The guy smiled evilly at me as he ran his finger along the side of my face. I kept struggling which made him laugh.

"You're quite a cutie. What's your name?" He asked with a fake nice tone. I stayed silent and kicked him in the shin, hoping that his friends would let me go and go to him. But to no avail, they just gripped on me harder and I winced in pain.

"You like it rough I see." He said and lifted my chin so he was staring right into my eyes. I tried to move away from his eyes but he kept me right in place. He smirked. "You sure have guts cutie. Let me show you why you shouldn't let your guts get the best of you." He raised his other hand in the air. I've seen that move so many times so I knew what was coming. Instinctively I closed my eyes, awaiting for the pain to come. Instead, I never felt it and the hands that were securing me in place disappeared. I opened in confusion to see them on the floor. I turned to see a guy kicking the guy who was about to hit in the stomach. The guy made a grunt sound before coughing repeatedly. Fear grew in me as the guy who beat them all up walked towards me with his head down.

"Where do you live?" He asked. I cautiously recited the address.

"Walk down this road then take a left at the end. Continue all the way down until you see a convience store. Then turn into that road and you will reach your home." I nodded.

He patted my shoulder and I noticed a strange tattoo on his hand. It glowed a bit and my eyes widened. Before I could question it or say thanks, he disappeared. Like really, he just disappeared into thin air it seemed. I guess guys here are really fast runners.

I heard some noise coming from the guys laying on the ground and hurriedly ran away. Following his instructions, I made it home. I carefully opened the door and realized that mom wasn't home. Probably out drinking. I tiredly took a shower. Right when I got into my room, I locked the door. I was afraid of what could happen when mom came back.

I fell onto my bed as I stared up at the ceiling. All I could see was that strange tattoo glowing at me.

-----------------------------------------------

first chapter~ Hope it's ok.

just like my other stories, updates are most likely gonna be slow so PLEASE BEAR WITH IT!

ignore mistakes please.

comment and subscribe please!!! I WANNA HEAR FROM YOU~~